By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is PS3 set to dominate console sales for the rest of the year?

No, I'm pretty sure MS will dominate sales from Nov-Jan

Halo 4, Fable, Forza etc.
Plus, Xmas is more of a western tradition (UK and US) and they are both markets where the X360 dominates

Around the Network

did we really need another thread this week about the same topic?

I say it all depends how reliable it is, and how durable that toploader slider is on the PS3.

Define "sexy". I'm not really feeling that new redesign at all, I think it may honestly be the fugliest console Sony has ever made. Going back a top loader is like going back to the 90s too, no thanks.

And it's still bigger than the Wii U from what I understand (could be wrong on that though).

I think all three of Wii U/PS3/360 will do well enough this holiday though. Wii U will be tops in Japan and generally sold out everywhere, PS3 tops in Europe, 360 tops in North America.

No Way... Price increased here in Europe i dont know what Sony is thinking... And 12GB ? Thats a GT5 install, what´s the Point ?

Price raising in Europe, Same level as Wii U on Japan and Increasing in North America.

Wont have any chance Agaisnt Xbox this holiday.

Halo 4, Black Ops 2, Forza, Fable and KINECT KINECT KINECT.

Depends really. There's still plenty of bundles to be announced and we don't know what microsoft will do with the price of the 360. The 360 will sell more the week halo 4 and black ops 2 are released, and maybe the last week before Christmas, but that's it. Ps3 will sell really well this holiday.

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:

Plus, Xmas is more of a western tradition (UK and US) and they are both markets where the X360 dominates

Only the UK and US are Western? Damn I need to open a book.

Depends. If you can put in your old PS3 HDD in the 12GB model, possibly.

Panama said:
Depends. If you can put in your old PS3 HDD in the 12GB model, possibly.

It seems you can, if you buy the official adapter.

Yes, the thing is gonna be big in Europe.

man-bear-pig said:

well, xmas is also big in the rest of EU. so this sentence was, sorry, bs.

but i totally agree with your other sentences. hardware sales increase like crazy in the US. maybe this is the american "consume" expansion to xmas. in europe, there are presents yes, but people don't spend too much on it. also in the usa you have these insane bundles like on black friday which really really boosts sales. yes, there are bundles for christmas here in germany too, but not that crazy like i saw for black friday last 2 or 3 years in NA.

The PS3 lead every week until now, and will until black friday. then it will loose every single week to the Xbox, and this by far. Although i think the year 2012 will still led by PS3. Maybe 700k to 1 million units leading, but it will be hard to increase this.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse