By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is PS3 set to dominate console sales for the rest of the year?

I doubt it. The 360 and the Wii tend to have very large holidays. The Wii won't be able to beat it, obviously, but the 360 should easily. I'm not feeling the redesign, and I don't think consumers will latch onto it.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

This new model is everething but sexy. It´s looks too much like a PS2 Slim, it feels old, and people have a strange issue buying small expensive equipments .

The problem is the price and no big games this hollyday season. MS will have great games and content comming to 360.

Lol sexy? I dont think so dude, the redesign model is no more than a price hike in my opinion. Specially with the petty 12gb flash memory. People know the valueof 229 euros..and its not 12gb. 

Yay!!!

wii u will be the top selling system over the xmas holiday period november to january. the wii u launching later on in the year will be the game changer and shift sales momentum towards nintendo. the wii u will take sales away from both 360 and ps3 over the critical holiday sales period.

PS3 a 6 year old system entering into its 7th year has become old and dated. x360 is a 7 year old system entering its 8th year. current consoles running on specs from 2005 need an upgrade.

new systems are over due. wii u kicks off what should be an exciting new 8th generation. 

Need to wait will Microsoft announce a price cut or not before talk about this

Around the Network

It will easily beat xbox(as it did last year) and wiiu this holiday worldwide, no contest.

Uh huh, sexy. Riiiiiiiight.

It looks so much CHEAPER then previous PS3 models. It might have an effect in Japan, where console size really matters, and in Europe, where it is actually cheaper, but I doubt it will have any real effect out of a one or two week boost in North America. It doesn't reduce the price and America doesn't care as much fro slimness, especially with the general feeling around the net being that it is uglier then its predecessor.

So, to answer the question: maybe but probably not.

Horrorfest said:

It will easily beat xbox(as it did last year) and wiiu this holiday worldwide, no contest.

Depends if you base your numbers on vg chartz or undisputed official numbers. By undisputed I mean Sony and Nintendo didn't challenge MS's claim like when they did on 2010 Europe's best seller.

Yay!!!

Horrorfest said:

Not sure if serious.

Not at all. The base model being $269.00 is cool but I don't see a $30 price cut making to significant and impact.

If Microsoft should counters with it's own price cut, it's a wrap. And I expect Nintendo to drop the price of Wii (maybe) and that would surely undercut it.

I see better sales for the PS3 for sure, but let's not get too ridiculous.

EDIT: So wait... is it true that this new slim model is actually a lesser value and even more expensive than the base PS3 model already available?  If so, what a fail.