By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter predicts the length of Wii’s momentum (Hilarious!)

^^ Oh dear God. It's contagious!

Around the Network
leo-j said:
lol no the 80gb will never drop to $299.

Im talking about the 40gb.

Also, soriku Im usually correct about my predictions, I will be correct again when ur the one that gets banned.

C'mon leo - "correct about my predictions"? Thats about as true... as most of your predictions are?

BTW, you might struggle with this one next week:

ps3-19-23mllion(will not go below 120k WW any week in 08)

...PS3 did 145k this week, and I'm expecting another 15%-20% drop across the board next week. A 20% drop would bring weekly sales to around 117k. And almost certainly a 20% (across the board) drop two weeks from now, compared to this week.

Wouldn't want that prediction broken... what, 3 weeks into the 52 week year? 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Soriku said:

Have you seen my sig? leo-j believes the Wii won't make another 60k units next weekbetween the US, Japan, and Others. Not only that, but if he's wrong, he gets a 1-week ban. Wanna do the honors when he's wrong?

well he has a small chance only if ioi adjusts the wii number and lowers them

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Uhh...if we go by price alone, the Wii is the closest to the $200 price point needed for sales to take off (relative!) The PS3 is the most expensive at $400/500 and will be the last unless Sony does another crazy price slash to $200/300.

Of course this assumes everyone who's buying a Wii now would buy a PS3 if it were at the same price. Anecdotal stories say no.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Guys guys you have to see things from leo's POV. Yes on the surface it seems absurd to think the Wii won't hit 20 million when it's right there. However remember in the Wii supply constraints thread how leo theorized that Nintendo should stop selling the Wii till September and release millions at once to see what happens? If you account for that BRILLIANT strategy then of course Wii won't pass 20 million next week. It won't pass it till September!

Around the Network
leo-j said:
lol no the 80gb will never drop to $299.

Im talking about the 40gb.

Also, soriku Im usually correct about my predictions, I will be correct again when ur the one that gets banned.

On topic: Well is Pachter... so, who cares??? (Well maybe just joel)

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Soriku said:
leo-j said:
Yep thats what I expect as well.

Also soriku, what do you expect? Not may people are going to pay $400 dollars for a video game consoles.

I expect ps3 to be at $299.99 This year.

Lol. All your predictions are wrong. So what YOU expect really doesn't matter.

But everyone knows that what you say is God's own truth...

Can't you see that you and Leo-j are the exact same character with the exact same status on Vgchartz, with the only difference being your favourite console? It's clear as day to me. 

Can't somebody make a ban bet with Pachter?

Soriku said:
libellule said:
Patcher is not a complete asshole
I think the same than him, but with some "moderation"

Wii "may" begin to fail at Xmas 2008 ...
(killed by the PS360 cheaper price)

we will see

We've alredy discussed this...

It won't happen.

Reaching a general consensus through debate or discussion does in no way validate or invalidate the original point. I.e; you can discuss something to death without making it more or less true every-which way. 90% of the Vgchartz community reached the conclusion that Sony's 40GB model would be it's last, failing grasp at straws. I'm not defending Leo-j in any way, but some of you/us could stand to be a bit less self-righteous. 

Mikey is really off the deep end.

Obviously the Wii doesn't need a slew of highly reviewed games to sell like mad. I don't see anything that will stop this trend, since Wii popularity is perpetuating itself.

I almost don't see how the Playstation 3 can drop ANOTHER $100 in one year when Sony is already STILL losing $$ on every unit at every price range. It's already dropped $200 in one year. What more can they take out? A $50 break is WAY more realistic. $100 is lunacy. Is it really good for their business to keep making new models?