By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter predicts the length of Wii’s momentum (Hilarious!)

Yep thats what I expect as well.

Also soriku, what do you expect? Not may people are going to pay $400 dollars for a video game consoles.

I expect ps3 to be at $299.99 This year.

mM
Around the Network

... when is that guy going to realize that a different audience is buying the Wii... when the PS3 is 299 the Wii will be 199 max.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

if ps3 ever reaches 300$ dollars this year wii could conter with its own price drop,so i disagree with him

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

So now we wait until 2009 for Nintendomination to end? Got it.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

I totally agree with him as clearly the only reason the Wii is selling and keeping up steam is its own and PS3's price. As soon as PS3 drops to $300 most consumers will abandon the Wii as they're obviously buying it because they cannot afford the PS3 and are essentially stuck with it dreaming of the day they can get their hands on the PS3.

Around the Network

ps3 dropping to $300 will increase its sales and give it a real chance to be #2 this generation

but it won't affect wii sales and wii will still sell more than ps2 did

ps3 at any price isn't gonna get the seniors (now 25% of gamers!?!?!?), the married w/kids ex-oldschool gamers that don't have time for 'hardcore games', the stay-at-home moms, the non-gamers, the rehab centers, the gyms, most of the casuals, etc etc etc

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

lol no the 80gb will never drop to $299.

Im talking about the 40gb.

Also, soriku Im usually correct about my predictions, I will be correct again when ur the one that gets banned.

mM

lol, pachter. i could make better predictions than that old fart.

So does this mean I can pick up a $199 PS3 in 2010. That works for me FFXIII will be out by then. :)

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Pachter changed his tune then... he originally thought Wii momentum would last until just before the Christmas just gone.