By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter predicts the length of Wii’s momentum (Hilarious!)

it seems that any asshole can be an analyst this days.

Around the Network

Well it outsold the 360 so I was correct for half of my prediction.

Also, I was correct of undertracking ps3, and overtracking wii.

etc.. more predictions These two Im going to be correct. PS3 will stay above 120k

and wii wont hit 20 million next week.

mM

That's funny. People used to say the same thing about PSP when it was 250$ VS 150$ for the DS. Now the PSP is about the same price as the DS with lots of bundles, and it still doesn't sell better. DS's price hasn't dropped for 3 years (except the small DS fat price cut to introduce the DSLite).

@kurabi

The psp has a problem the ps3 does not, because of homebrew software is not selling because of that we do not have developers tacking there time in making AAA titles for the psp, because it wont sell.

The ps3 will never have that problem.

mM

Wii won't pass 20M next week? Are you serious? Bring out your calculator.

Around the Network

Just to clear up a few things

Patcher is right that a lower price will help the PS3. Of course, so would more better games.

However, anything he says regarding the Wii must be taken with a grain of salt -- or maybe a shaker of salt. He has been predicting Sony's domination since the beginning. And like many analysts, he cannot stand it when facts don't pack up his predictions. So he makes new ones. (Almost sounds like a fanboy).

Also studies have shown that Wii buyers are more affluent ... so the price arguement does not hold as much water as people make it out to be(@routsounmanman).

That being said, the Wii can be dropped in price at least $50 without leading to losses -- that is assuming that no cost-of-production lowering has occured. (It probably will eventually be able to hit a $150 pricepoint).

Also, if third-parties start making good games for it the way they eventually came out to do on the Wii ... then it will not be able to be headed.

(Remember, people thought the PSP would doom the DS ... Did it?)

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

leo-j said:
Yep thats what I expect as well.

Also soriku, what do you expect? Not may people are going to pay $400 dollars for a video game consoles.

I expect ps3 to be at $299.99 This year.

Then they just need a few more good games and it would be worth the price of admission.  I don't think I'd buy it for $300 w/o BC, though.

Then again, Joel, your predicitions are always bad.

leo-j

Are you serious? the only way Wii wont reach 20 mil next week is that it sells less than 60k WW.

You are a terrible fanboy and because of that your ass should be kicked so hard. 

Apparently, Wii isn't going to sell 60k this week, even though it sold over 650k last week

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Can't TheSource or someone get an interview with Pachter?