By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter predicts the length of Wii’s momentum (Hilarious!)

I fully support the idea of a pricedrop this year, but not a big one. 50$ is most likely, but not until MGS or Resistance 2 hits
I expect a ww MGS4 bundle @ 349$ when the game hits, or even a 50$ discount on the new EU bundle with MGS added as an optional game.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
lol no the 80gb will never drop to $299.

Im talking about the 40gb.

Also, soriku Im usually correct about my predictions, I will be correct again when ur the one that gets banned.

Huhauauhahua.......................... if people here start bet a week ban for each of your predictions, you won't be able to access Vgchartz for years.

GhaleonUnlimited said:
Mikey is really off the deep end.

I almost don't see how the Playstation 3 can drop ANOTHER $100 in one year when Sony is already STILL losing $$ on every unit at every price range. It's already dropped $200 in one year. What more can they take out? A $50 break is WAY more realistic. $100 is lunacy. Is it really good for their business to keep making new models?

He might know something we don't know. When he said Sony will have two price cuts last year, most people thought he was talking nonsense. He did make quite a lot of accurate predictions.

I agree with you, $50 is more likely in 2008, $100 cut is a little bit too deep. However, it also depends on Xbox360. If M$ decided to launch a price war, Sony will have to follow.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

PSaiki said:
leo-j said:
lol no the 80gb will never drop to $299.

Im talking about the 40gb.

Also, soriku Im usually correct about my predictions, I will be correct again when ur the one that gets banned.

Huhauauhahua.......................... if people here start bet a week ban for each of your predictions, you won't be able to access Vgchartz for years.

leo-j: Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII will have sold 5 million units worldwide by the time it's been out in each territory for at least 1 month. 

Soriku said:
leo-j said:
Yep thats what I expect as well.

Also soriku, what do you expect? Not may people are going to pay $400 dollars for a video game consoles.

I expect ps3 to be at $299.99 This year.

Lol. All your predictions are wrong. So what YOU expect really doesn't matter.

I also think it is a possibility.

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
I totally agree with him as clearly the only reason the Wii is selling and keeping up steam is its own and PS3's price. As soon as PS3 drops to $300 most consumers will abandon the Wii as they're obviously buying it because they cannot afford the PS3 and are essentially stuck with it dreaming of the day they can get their hands on the PS3.

Please put j/k after your statements when you are joking because its hard for me to pick up sarcasm.

America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers

RolStoppable said:
Soriku said:
leo-j just took a stupid bet...

Which will cost him

Obviously leo-j is hoping that the numbers will be adjusted because the Wii was way overtracked over the holidays (like by 2 million).

But whatever the outcome of the bet will be, one thing is certain: the VGChartz community will win, because one of you two guys won't be around for a week.

You just won.

RolStoppable said:
Soriku said:
leo-j just took a stupid bet...

Which will cost him

Obviously leo-j is hoping that the numbers will be adjusted because the Wii was way overtracked over the holidays (like by 2 million).

But whatever the outcome of the bet will be, one thing is certain: the VGChartz community will win, because one of you two guys won't be around for a week.

well said Rol!

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

leo-j said:
Well it outsold the 360 so I was correct for half of my prediction.

Also, I was correct of undertracking ps3, and overtracking wii.

etc.. more predictions These two Im going to be correct. PS3 will stay above 120k

and wii wont hit 20 million next week.

"

see even my daughter thinks so

For all saying people arent not buying the Wii because its cheap, or because they cannot afford a PS3, get real.

If you had a Wii bundle, and a PS3 bundle sitting in front of you for FREE which would you grab? The Wii, or the PS3 whith 5 free BD Movies?