By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter predicts the length of Wii’s momentum (Hilarious!)

^ps3 bundle--then ebay it and buya 360/wii/ps3 (20g)

Around the Network
Username2324 said:
For all saying people arent not buying the Wii because its cheap, or because they cannot afford a PS3, get real.

If you had a Wii bundle, and a PS3 bundle sitting in front of you for FREE which would you grab? The Wii, or the PS3 whith 5 free BD Movies?

the wii will fetch more on ebay so i'm going to have to go with the wii. 

Username2324 said:
For all saying people arent not buying the Wii because its cheap, or because they cannot afford a PS3, get real.

If you had a Wii bundle, and a PS3 bundle sitting in front of you for FREE which would you grab? The Wii, or the PS3 whith 5 free BD Movies?

If I can't resell either system on eBay?

Wii. More likely to play games I haven't already with the Wiimote. 

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Whats been missing the past few years is excitement in the PS world. They were riding out their dominant lead.

The Wii is dominating in the absence of a Playstation platform.There is a reason why everyone switched from Nintendo to Sony around 2000.
Its because of what Nintendo is doing right now, releasing TOO MANY Nintendo games, and not enough mature games.

Once the PS3 gets positive attention and momentum, it will have an effect on the Wii's sales, whether you like it or not. I have yet to meet anyone who has bought a Wii for Mario games, its always for Wii Sports.

The Wii won last year in the absence of dominating games like Madden, GTA and Final Fantasy, and when Halo was released the Wii lost to Xbox in America.

Give it time and watch. Maybe your right and people like Mario and Wii Sports/Fit more than GTA MGS FF, or any other games that have a point to them. I dont think its true, and next holiday season the PS3 will outsell the Wii.
First 6 months go to the Wii, last 6 the PS3.

mesoteto said:
leo-j said:
Well it outsold the 360 so I was correct for half of my prediction.

Also, I was correct of undertracking ps3, and overtracking wii.

etc.. more predictions These two Im going to be correct. PS3 will stay above 120k

and wii wont hit 20 million next week.

"

see even my daughter thinks so

Wow, less than a year old and she's already talking smack on the internet.

Our future is in good hands. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
nordlead said:
RolStoppable said:
Soriku said:
leo-j just took a stupid bet...

Which will cost him

Obviously leo-j is hoping that the numbers will be adjusted because the Wii was way overtracked over the holidays (like by 2 million).

But whatever the outcome of the bet will be, one thing is certain: the VGChartz community will win, because one of you two guys won't be around for a week.

well said Rol!

Another thing people fail to realize is that Soriku exchanged his VG$15 Million for the same amount of cash and bought 60,000 Wiis.

And leo-j is supporting is other prediction by buying 120,000 PS3s every week this year, with his  VG$2,496,000,000

So why did they call it the 360?because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away- some guy on Gamespot

Soriku, do any of those games measure up to the games I listed? I never said that about any game, although I did think Lair was going to be really good, and it wasnt.

You could say all that about the PS3 and Wii a little over a year ago, and looked what happened. The Wii dominated. Its all about keeping peoples interest, and people are interested in the Wii because of the controllers.

Nintendo was outgrown by the gaming community years ago, but in the absence of any familiar games and higher price its hard to convince yourself to buy a PS3. But at lower price and all the best games people like that dont require a motion controller to enjoy, how do you counter that?

If the PS3 becomes more fun than the Wii with a price of $299 and KH3 exclusive, would you buy one? You all have to ask yourselves that before saying the PS3 will never catch the Wii. Average consumers arent fanboys, they want the best product for a reasonable price. If the PS3's lineup, which has worked well for 8 years, returns and the price is right what does the Wii have to regain momentum?

As of right now Wii Fit, but we dont know how well that will sell in America, and no game in recent history beats GTA. Its that simple. People dont change in a year, but we will all know for sure in a few months

Cute kid fo sho!

Curiously though, Soriku but hows come the Wii is in only in a different league from PS3 when there are questions as to whether the PS3 can sell as well as the Wii? A PS3 fan would argue that the Wii has no effect on PS3 sales, but yet you and many Ninty fans would disagree.
I'm sorry, old people and soccer mom's have ZERO effect on the number of PS3's sold anywhere.  They and former Gamecube owners are the Wii's ENTIRE market.  (This is not a bad thing)

Jandre002 said:
Soriku, do any of those games measure up to the games I listed? I never said that about any game, although I did think Lair was going to be really good, and it wasnt.

You could say all that about the PS3 and Wii a little over a year ago, and looked what happened. The Wii dominated. Its all about keeping peoples interest, and people are interested in the Wii because of the controllers.

Nintendo was outgrown by the gaming community years ago, but in the absence of any familiar games and higher price its hard to convince yourself to buy a PS3. But at lower price and all the best games people like that dont require a motion controller to enjoy, how do you counter that?

If the PS3 becomes more fun than the Wii with a price of $299 and KH3 exclusive, would you buy one? You all have to ask yourselves that before saying the PS3 will never catch the Wii. Average consumers arent fanboys, they want the best product for a reasonable price. If the PS3's lineup, which has worked well for 8 years, returns and the price is right what does the Wii have to regain momentum?

As of right now Wii Fit, but we dont know how well that will sell in America, and no game in recent history beats GTA. Its that simple. People dont change in a year, but we will all know for sure in a few months

Try to counter a motion control, viral marketing, supply constrain, appeal to every gamer and non-gamer, low price... is not easy and the "best games" is subjective...

¿¿The PS3 more fun than the Wii?? again is matter of opinion...

One of the reasons of the high sales of the Wii is that, average costumers are not fanboys, in their opinion their are already getting the best product for a reasonable price... 

Why should a game, a niche game (DMC, MGS) appeal to the target demographic of the Wii?? Halo 3 appeals to the Halo fans and some shooters fans demographics, that didn´t hurt the Wii sales, MGS4, FF, etc will not kill the Wii sales, they have a place in the market and definitely is not the mass market... 

This games can help the PS3 sales, but not stop the Wii sales... 

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

What im saying is, people are saying it wont happen because the PS3 "wont" do this or that. In reality, the PS3 can do anything the Wii can do except point and play games. The reversed isnt true.

And viral marketing really only works online. Mainstream buyers who just want to play Madden or GTA will end up with either an Xbox or PS3.

All im saying is, if it did occur that the PS3 was better with more fun games and everything, how many people would buy one? A lot of people dont want to look at the situation openly, because doing that would reveal how attract the PS3 COULD potentially become.

It touches every fanbase, and no matter what you want to play the PS3 has games in that category that might even be better than the game on your system.
Racing, fighting, FPS, TPS, Adventure, MMORPG, JRPG. Its all proven to be popular and majority of that is PS3 exclusive this year. Sure there is competition from both consoles, but does that mean MGS4 or GT5 isnt going to be amazing? FFXIII doesn't excite anyone who owns a Wii? Its denial of the community that convinces me that once people start to cave, the PS3 will have great momentum. You like the PS3 and its lineup, and at the right price you'll get one.