By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the 3DS die in the West the same way the PSP did?

The Pokemon orders are not dismal because handheld gaming is doomed. They're dismal because the DS is.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

The DS survived and was successful because of Japanese games

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

maybe

Pokemon is for the original DS, and regardless Pokemon will sell great, plus it's only a spin off. It'll be the highest selling Pokemon spin off in its history. So get your facts straight.

Pre orders for Pokemon arent correct so you probably shouldnt use that in your examples

Around the Network

Once we get Gen 6 Pokemon, that'll help it.

Which isn't to say 3DS won't do worse in the West, just not quite so (comparatively) poorly as PSP. We need to remember that PSP didnt' do bad, if performance was considered in a vacuum.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

"will die" is too harsh Bri...Ryan
No, because it will have full support from Nintendo, which means various killer apps, such as Smash bros., Luigis Mansion, Madden....xD

Poor Vita sales will ensure 3rd parties flock to the 3DS.

It will keep it alive for many years down the road.

Also, GTA3D will help the system.

I dont get this... But for what it's worth, I don't think 3DS will be a failure in the west.

I don't really see indications that the 3DS will in any way "die" in the west. Super Smash Bros is a pretty big series and it's coming to the 3DS, plus the localization of a MH game. Animal Crossing is pretty big here, and there are also a whole lot of other titles we don't completely know about yet. Also a "true" pokemon game hasn't really been released yet on the 3DS and it's bound to happen eventually.