By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamers bombard Platinum Games with hate-filled messages over Bayonetta 2 on Wii U

Nintendo are publishing Bayonetta 2. Platinum games cant pass on an offer like this imo.
This is a chance for them to make the IP bigger with zero financial risks.

Of course if they pull a stunt like "Ninja Gaiden Sigma" and release it on other systems later
I'll lose all respect for them.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
happydolphin said:

It was worse when rare went from making the FF games Nintendo exclusive for 6 big games to Sony exclusive, because Nintendo and Square were actually allies, Nintendo supporting rare with dev effort and if I'm not mistaken even money, but you never saw shit like in OP.

maybe because rare was bought in 2002, while twitter was founded in 2006 and even facebook or myspace (as community) weren't around at that time?

don't try to tell me there were no sad individuals voicing their frustration on the internet, their rants just weren't as easily accessible/directed at the devs

KylieDog said:
forest-spirit said:
KylieDog said:
This is how you please a fanbase and make yourself liked, Nintendo.

The haters didn't like Nintendo before, nor where they going to buy the Wii U so it's not like Nintendo is losing something here. All in all this will end up well for them as a lot of fans of Bayonetta, and Platinum games in general, will support their console.

Building further hate is not how you win customers, should not just ignore haters because you are ignoring a huge part of the market, should be winning them over.  Nintendo should be getting multiplats while pumping out quality first party hardcore titles, not just Mario or Zelda and other mainstream casual stuff but there own versions of games like Bayonetta. 

That way fans of Bayonetta will not hate them even more and instead see other games like Bayonetta that can potentially change their minds on Wii U.

lol yeah Nintendo should fund the project and release it an all platforms and make their own Beyonetta like game for WiiU! that's how they will get the love! Of course it all makes sense now!  

because that's how business works!

WRONG!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

KylieDog said:
forest-spirit said:
KylieDog said:
This is how you please a fanbase and make yourself liked, Nintendo.

The haters didn't like Nintendo before, nor where they going to buy the Wii U so it's not like Nintendo is losing something here. All in all this will end up well for them as a lot of fans of Bayonetta, and Platinum games in general, will support their console.

Building further hate is not how you win customers, should not just ignore haters because you are ignoring a huge part of the market, should be winning them over.  Nintendo should be getting multiplats while pumping out quality first party hardcore titles, not just Mario or Zelda and other mainstream casual stuff but there own versions of games like Bayonetta. 

That way fans of Bayonetta will not hate them even more and instead see other games like Bayonetta that can potentially change their minds on Wii U.

that's one of the most hypocritical arguments I've ever had the displeasure to read. The valid complaints about nintnedo have always been about third party support. now that they get a few exclusive games, what the fuck do people do? They even try to turn THAT into a complaint.

You know what, Nintendo SAVED this game from the abyss. You want them to cancel it again? Maybe that would shut up these spoiled "hardcore" fans,

I LOVE ICELAND!

lol

one guy is  going to kill himself? Well that will help you play a sequel once your are dead.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
happydolphin said:
KylieDog said:
happydolphin said:

Fans of Bayonetta are fans of Bayonetta. They should play the game where it lands. Also, Nintendo is making it happen for them so they should shut their mouths and say "thank you", and shut their mouths again.

Please tell that to Wii fans complaining about not getting PS3/360 games for the last 6 years.

There's a big difference between Wii fans complaining about games they aren't getting, and ps360 fans insulting, flaming and boycotting PG for games they aren't even fans of, for a game that is largely backed by Nintendo (which real fans would thank Nintendo about).

You're talking about console fans, I was talking about "Fans of Bayonetta". You should get it now.

Ok so now they've gone from Bayonetta fans to being PS3/360 fans who don't even like Bayonetta, because I pointed out your clear Nintendo bias and double standard.

You're the one with the double standard. What if this game would have been Vita exclusive, would you argue the same way?

Wii fans were upset that third parties didn't give the system a chance. Which was JUSTIFIED.

And you keep ignoring that Nintendo SAVED this game.

I LOVE ICELAND!

it seems that "hardcore" people are mostly children and this is how you bring it out of them!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

KylieDog said:
happydolphin said:
KylieDog said:
happydolphin said:

Fans of Bayonetta are fans of Bayonetta. They should play the game where it lands. Also, Nintendo is making it happen for them so they should shut their mouths and say "thank you", and shut their mouths again.

Please tell that to Wii fans complaining about not getting PS3/360 games for the last 6 years.

There's a big difference between Wii fans complaining about games they aren't getting, and ps360 fans insulting, flaming and boycotting PG for games they aren't even fans of, for a game that is largely backed by Nintendo (which real fans would thank Nintendo about).

You're talking about console fans, I was talking about "Fans of Bayonetta". You should get it now.

Ok so now they've gone from Bayonetta fans to being PS3/360 fans who don't even like Bayonetta, because I pointed out your clear Nintendo bias and double standard.

Your logic is poor one at most.

Final Fanasty left Nintendo and went Sony then multi.

Grow up you self-entitled kid if you think this will hurt anything.

Kingdom hearts/dragon quest(going back and forth)/Monster Hunter and so many other series people considered GREAT but went exlusive to another platform. Could name more.

Did they all fail? Kingdom Hearts being one of there best sellers on 3ds. Dragon Quest making good money on Nintendo products/ps2 days. Monster Hunter doing great.

You are entitled to nothing life and more so from video games. Telling someone your going to kill them(like some post suggest) or crying makes you look like someone b*^&% in prision. If your fan of the series buy a damn Wii-U if not move on. This goes for anyone Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

KylieDog said:
forest-spirit said:

Haters are a very vocal but small piece of the market, and many of them would rather sacrifice their family than get a console from any other company than the one they worship. If anything it's better to just ignore them.

And getting multiplats instead of exclusives is just a way to give people an excuse for not supporting your new console. The Wii U has gotten a lot of criticism for the amount of non-exclusive 3rd party games it's getting.

In the case of Bayonetta 2, it seems like SEGA had no interest in publishing a sequel so without Nintendo, fans probably wouldn't get a sequel at all. And if people think that Nintendo is going to put their support behind a game for PS3/360 then they are out of their minds.

If fans of Bayonetta would rather have no sequel at all instead of a sequel exclusive for Wii U then they really aren't fans of Bayonetta.