By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamers bombard Platinum Games with hate-filled messages over Bayonetta 2 on Wii U

Roma said:
this is truly a sign the world is ending! Nintendo why U ending the world like this?

The World Ends With U confirmed!

Around the Network

Glam facepalm

You can't call this childish. This maybe seem like a bunch of babies on the outside, but actually LISTEN to what the point is.
People have been asking for a Bayonetta 2 for a while and the first game, it was a multiplatform game for PS3 and 360. So obviously even if exclusive the game could have atleast been 360 or PS3 exclusive. Hell if it was a portable game for PS Vita, this would be more valid, cause sometimes they make portable games for a series which are exclusive. But a game like Bayonetta... Did you guys even play it? Who in there right mind would buy a Nintendo console expecting to play Bayonetta. Smh, these devs are forgetting how these games do on the Wii
The Wii had the same treatment at first with a bunch of sequels to ps2 and so on. Then when people start to see the other consoles fight back they all think mario, mario. Just like 3ds. They try but 3rd party just isn't nintendos thing. Wii U doesn't look bad by any means to me and I'm going to get on launch if i have enough preordered by the day. But I and many can't support non-sense. SEGA games I like in general and so on, hell I have EVERY Sonic game available on PS3 with 100% but Sonic CD which is like 40 cause I don't like it

Teflon02 said:
You can't call this childish. This maybe seem like a bunch of babies on the outside, but actually LISTEN to what the point is.
People have been asking for a Bayonetta 2 for a while and the first game, it was a multiplatform game for PS3 and 360. So obviously even if exclusive the game could have atleast been 360 or PS3 exclusive. Hell if it was a portable game for PS Vita, this would be more valid, cause sometimes they make portable games for a series which are exclusive. But a game like Bayonetta... Did you guys even play it? Who in there right mind would buy a Nintendo console expecting to play Bayonetta. Smh, these devs are forgetting how these games do on the Wii
The Wii had the same treatment at first with a bunch of sequels to ps2 and so on. Then when people start to see the other consoles fight back they all think mario, mario. Just like 3ds. They try but 3rd party just isn't nintendos thing. Wii U doesn't look bad by any means to me and I'm going to get on launch if i have enough preordered by the day. But I and many can't support non-sense. SEGA games I like in general and so on, hell I have EVERY Sonic game available on PS3 with 100% but Sonic CD which is like 40 cause I don't like it

It's up to 3rd party devs to make the system be about more than just mario mario. Also, do you realize Nintendo is sponsoring the game?? Maybe they couldn't make the games without that support, did that enter your mind?

So Nintendo sucks is quite a disrespectful insult to Nintendo who is actually making this game happen. So fans of it should stfu and say "thank you Nintendo".

It was worse when Square went from making the FF games Nintendo exclusive for 6 big games to Sony exclusive, because Nintendo and Square were actually allies, Nintendo supporting rare with dev effort and if I'm not mistaken even money, but you never saw shit like in OP.

KylieDog said:

Building further hate is not how you win customers, should not just ignore haters because you are ignoring a huge part of the market, should be winning them over.  Nintendo should be getting multiplats while pumping out quality first party hardcore titles, not just Mario or Zelda and other mainstream casual stuff but there own versions of games like Bayonetta. 

That way fans of Bayonetta will not hate them even more and instead see other games like Bayonetta that can potentially change their minds on Wii U.

Fans of Bayonetta are fans of Bayonetta. They should play the game where it lands. Also, Nintendo is making it happen for them so they should shut their mouths and say "thank you", and shut their mouths again.

Around the Network
Teflon02 said:

We will call it childish because it is. If you can't read the posts and see the sheer ridiculousness of the reactions, then you are one of them. 

There is a very logical reason that Bayonetta 2 is a Nintendo exclusive, and it has been reiterated repeatedly in these threads. Nintendo revived a cancelled game. We don't know what the sequence of events was, maybe Platinum went to a few publishers and they all said No. Or maybe Nintendo proposed the idea to Sega themselves and Sega had no good reason to say No, because they had no future plans for Bayonetta 2.

Best case scenario for fans would have been that Sega would've seen the potential beginning of a solid franchise and invested in a sequel. But they didn't. And they killed it. Now this is what you get if you want Bayonetta 2. So just take it. You're not getting anything else. :)

Do people realise that bayonetta 2 would have never happened had it not been for nintendo funding the game? Thats gratitude for you! I have no doubt people will say a game would have been made evntually for the ps3 or 360 but as far as most people were concerned a sequel was not on the way. Im still baffled by people posting on here that dont understand business. Its a smart move by nintendo, just like it was a smart move by sony to get the rights for final fantasy all those years ago. Its business, move on people.

Personally not a fan of this kind of business practice, but don't know why people think this is so abhorrent. Nomura does it all the time with his Kingdom Hearts games.

KylieDog said:
happydolphin said:

Fans of Bayonetta are fans of Bayonetta. They should play the game where it lands. Also, Nintendo is making it happen for them so they should shut their mouths and say "thank you", and shut their mouths again.

Please tell that to Wii fans complaining about not getting PS3/360 games for the last 6 years.

There's a big difference between Wii fans complaining about games they aren't getting, and ps360 fans insulting, flaming and boycotting PG for games they aren't even fans of, for a game that is largely backed by Nintendo (which real fans would thank Nintendo about).

You're talking about console fans, I was talking about "Fans of Bayonetta". You should get it now.

simple solution...stop being bitter haters...the world will always look better then.

ps, I now officially consider myself a casual gamer and am proud to be out!!!!