By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Gets December 4th release date for Japan (26,260, 31,500 Yen)

I'm thinking the hardware is going to be $300. Which is bad considering the 360 and PS3 are still going strong, probably equal in capabilities, and cost less.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
VicViper said:
The extra pad for now is only for replacement... no game supports it. Pretty sure there won't be any games that support it anytime soon... if ever.

So it's pretty useless to think about it as expensive... unless yours fall to the ground or something.

So the only games that will use it in interesting ways will be single player games?

Player2 said:
VicViper said:
The extra pad for now is only for replacement... no game supports it. Pretty sure there won't be any games that support it anytime soon... if ever.

So it's pretty useless to think about it as expensive... unless yours fall to the ground or something.

So the only games that will use it in interesting ways will be single player games?

No, mutiplayer with asynchronous gameplay. Plus online multiplayer.

Conegamer said:
Argh_College said:
That price of the gamepad is insane.

Also will this produce Graphics like Halo 4 or Last of Us ?

Im very sceptical about this Console.

From what I've seen it looks to be 2-4x as powerful as this gen, so easily

Not to go off topic, but nothing we've seen  so far is 2-4x as powerful as this gen's best looking games. The specs might be that more powerfull but so far we havent seein any game thats better than this generation

Wow. I am going to have to be extra specially careful with that tablet. Also 1GB of RAM for games, isn't that
what 360 is running on now?
  (It is not)

Aside from that though, the pricing sounds about right. Nintendo are the only 'next gen' console for at least the next year. I can imagine them just pulling a 3DS again. Launch at a high price and make a profit from all the early adopters, with steady sales thanks to Mario/Pikmin/all the ports. Then whenever competition appears from either Sony or Microsoft, slash the price & release Super MariU Tablet Land, MariU Kart, MetrUid Prime and whatever else they have up their sleeves, which should be an easy holiday win for them.

Around the Network

lol 350 is what I said it will be at and it sound like the right price for it!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Conegamer said:
Argh_College said:
That price of the gamepad is insane.

Also will this produce Graphics like Halo 4 or Last of Us ?

Im very sceptical about this Console.

From what I've seen it looks to be 2-4x as powerful as this gen, so easily

Why do you think that? Anybody has any proof that its actually 2-4x more powerfull, because I have seen NO evidence at all for this.

OT: Waaaay to pricey. It reminds me of the PS3 launch, only difference being that Nintendo is not comming from a total dominating generation, like the PS3 did. The system has NO chance IMO to reach Wii level now. I hope Im wrong, variaty is allways good, but lets face it, the price, and the confrmation that few if ANY games will use 2 pad controllers, burry the system for many.

Im hoping that the EU/US price will be better and that TGS will bring some real games to the table... Nintendoland a standalone title? Are they serious about that? I simply remained speechelss, its like they dont even try anymore. Well it will probably beat the Vita, at least

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Wait...why was has no one mentioned it yet? Am I the only one surprised by the late release date? And since Japan typically gets hardware earlier, this could suggest that the North America and Europeon launches are next year.

Kresnik said:
Wow. I am going to have to be extra specially careful with that tablet. Also 1GB of RAM for games, isn't that
what 360 is running on now?

Aside from that though, the pricing sounds about right. Nintendo are the only 'next gen' console for at least the next year. I can imagine them just pulling a 3DS again. Launch at a high price and make a profit from all the early adopters, with steady sales thanks to Mario/Pikmin/all the ports. Then whenever competition appears from either Sony or Microsoft, slash the price & release Super MariU Tablet Land, MariU Kart, MetrUid Prime and whatever else they have up their sleeves, which should be an easy holiday win for them.

360 has 512 MB RAM for everything, so Wii U has 2 GB devided by OS and game RAM so 4 times the RAM of 360. PS3 has 256 MB btw.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

I wonder how much does Wii U cost to be manufactured ? if the gamepad alone will be sold for $170.

Does $170 include their profits ?