By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Iphone 5 vs Lumia 920

pezus said:
Hynad said:
pezus said:
Hynad said:

The thing that most Apple fans enjoy about Apple's products is the form factor and the user experience. When you get an Apple product, you're almost guaranteed that it will run as smoothly as when you bought it for its entire lifetime. The hardware is made to run the OS in it. Not so much the case with an Android phone, where customization, while being a really nice touch, can and most likely will in most cases end up hindering the phone's performance.

I can confirm that is not true. I've never seen an iPad/iPhone/iTouch that hasn't slowed down considerably over time.

You should try my brother's 2 iPhones his family uses (a 3GS and a 4S).

It might have something to with low free space remaining. Well, I still have around 500 MB but for some reason it lags when doing basic tasks and changing between programs.

I have the same problem with my XPeria... And there's still lots of space, so it's not for the same reason.   It doesn't run nearly as smooth as when it was brand new. :(

Yet my bro's 2 iPhones run really well, even though they're pack full of music and apps. It's not even comparable. I even tried to remove most of the crap that was filling mine, except for the music and it still lags quite a bit at times.  

Around the Network
TheFallen said:
morenoingrato said:
This site is becoming more and more the Android (and others) advertising site. Let me be excited about iPhone 5.

Maybe people here can have an open mind and weigh ALL options against eqch other instead of thinking Apple can't be beaten (Price AND Quality). People complain about the Apple bashers, but choose to ignore The AA (Apple Apostles)

Except Apple bashing in the site is too much.

Who cares about petty differences in specs? iPhone 5 is gonna be an awesome phone because of iOS, its user interface, the App store, iTunes, and everything else! WP's and Androids are weak in comparison imo.

Can't wait till the 21st!

pezus said:
man-bear-pig said:
Who cares about petty differences in specs? iPhone 5 is gonna be an awesome phone because of iOS, its user interface, the App store, iTunes, and everything else! WP's and Androids are weak in comparison imo.

Can't wait till the 21st!

>_> That post doesn't even make sense. My problem isn't with the product itself, it's the price when compared to the equal (and in some cases, better) competition.

Better is subjective.

Hynad said:
pezus said:
Hynad said:
pezus said:
Hynad said:

The thing that most Apple fans enjoy about Apple's products is the form factor and the user experience. When you get an Apple product, you're almost guaranteed that it will run as smoothly as when you bought it for its entire lifetime. The hardware is made to run the OS in it. Not so much the case with an Android phone, where customization, while being a really nice touch, can and most likely will in most cases end up hindering the phone's performance.

I can confirm that is not true. I've never seen an iPad/iPhone/iTouch that hasn't slowed down considerably over time.

You should try my brother's 2 iPhones his family uses (a 3GS and a 4S).

It might have something to with low free space remaining. Well, I still have around 500 MB but for some reason it lags when doing basic tasks and changing between programs.

I have the same problem with my XPeria... And there's still lots of space, so it's not for the same reason.   It doesn't run nearly as smooth as when it was brand new. :(

Yet my bro's 2 iPhones run really well, even though they're pack full of music and apps. It's not even comparable. I even tried to remove most of the crap that was filling mine, except for the music and it still lags quite a bit at times.  

I do wonder what people do to their phones that causes this. I've heard people complain about it with both Android phones and iPhones but never experienced myself (Xperia) and frequently get messages that I'm low on space. Do you use an app killer to periodically close stuff that's taking up background resources?

Around the Network

man-bear-pig said:

This 

I don't think people on this site hates Apple devices... what they hate (myself included) is that where ever they go they have Apple products being shown everywhere and people claiming Apple makes and invented the best of the best... but tas someone pointed, they don't even know what they're talking about.

I give credit to Apple for their products but will never say they have the best products when it's clearly not the case. Giving credit where is due is all that matters to me and having sites like this one with people liking all kinds of devices instead of religiously praising Apple is nice in my book and hope it stays as is.

At the moment I'm leaning more towards the Lumia 920 and I never thought I'd say that (haven't had much faith in Windows 8). Nokia seem to have genuinely invested in creating an innovative phone with some cool features. To be honest, I think the Lumia 920 will do more wonders for Windows Phone 8 than vice versa.

The iPhone 5 just seems like an incremental, completely predictable upgrade and is in many ways is just playing catch up with other phones on the market (not to mention just adding in Apple's alternative software to already existing apps). It doesn't have any killer features that we expect from a new iPhone. It was arguably less of an upgrade (feature-wise, not hardware-wise) than the 4S was over the 4; at least that introduced Siri. Still expect it to sell bucket loads as too many people are invested in the Apple ecosystem.

pezus said:
Scoobes said:

I do wonder what people do to their phones that causes this. I've heard people complain about it with both Android phones and iPhones but never experienced myself (Xperia) and frequently get messages that I'm low on space. Do you use an app killer to periodically close stuff that's taking up background resources?

I close all of my apps regularly (double tap the button -> hold finger over icon -> hit x). It still doesn't help. It's not like it's filled with crap either, mostly just music.

Thanks for the info, I've been trying to figure out how to close apps on my partners iPhone . Seems rather long winded though, isn't there a quicker way?

Anyway, is it an older iPhone that's been upgraded to a newer iOS version? I've heard a few people suggest it slows down after updating to a new iOS.

pezus said:
Scoobes said:
pezus said:
Scoobes said:

I close all of my apps regularly (double tap the button -> hold finger over icon -> hit x). It still doesn't help. It's not like it's filled with crap either, mostly just music.

Thanks for the info, I've been trying to figure out how to close apps on my partners iPhone . Seems rather long winded though, isn't there a quicker way?

Anyway, is it an older iPhone that's been upgraded to a newer iOS version? I've heard a few people suggest it slows down after updating to a new iOS.

It's actually a rather quick way, as you only need to double tap and hold finger once and then you can just press x on one icon, then the next icon etc.

It's just an iPod Touch 3rd Gen

On my phone I just drag and select my app killer and it gives a list with check boxes. Most of the stuff I want to close is already selected by default so I just have to click close and it forces the lot to shutdown.

Clueless about the slowdown now. Maybe your holding it too tightly and it's overheating... no? Didn't think so