By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Iphone 5 vs Lumia 920

klumminati said:

Touche'. But yeah, man....I remember those once a week charge phones...a perfect segway to say that the standby on the Lumia is bananas compared the the iphone5. Heh-heh.

Haha, didn't even know that

But yeah battery life is one of the things current phones are sucking at. Don't charge your phone when you get home and the next day you'll certainly run out of battery life. I'm an iPhone user but whenever Apple touts the "incredible" battery life of its phones I want to reach through the screen and strangle them haha

Around the Network
selnor said:

Nokia though has an F/2.0 camera (more light for the sensor, more ‘bokeh’ blur), 1/3” BSI sensor and optical-image stabilization (OIS) with that last one being a first for a smartphone. Toss in Nokia’s algorithms plus Scalado’s software and in terms of raw specs, Nokia crushed Apple.

Yes, we need to do side-by-side comparison, but any photographer worth their salt would reach for the Nokia’s PureView camera over the iPhone 5 just based on specs.

http://www.wpcentral.com/iphone5-versus-lumia-920

ROFL, LOL and LMFAO.

Any photographer worth their salt doesn't give a toss about the camera on their phone, because they reach for their digital SLR. Or if they're really dedicated to their craft they do it the old fashioned way with actual film.

I think the pissing contests over the quality of camera on phones is laughable. The only really important thing with phone cameras is lag time between puching the button and capturing the image. That's it.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I would be really happy with either phone and they each have their respective pros/cons. I believe the iPhone is thinner/lighter and has a more well rounded eco-system whereas the Nokia is better feature wise and has an arguably by me slightly better OS U.I.

Tease.

Of course the iPhone will sell x-time the amount of the Lumia, but I think Nokia is on track to become the third biggest smartphone manufacturer again. Apple, Samsung and Nokia will be the ones battling it out. Ironically it is America, Europe and Asia or Apple and Google and Microsoft as well.

I just hope Nokia will be fine. They have built some of the best phones years ago, that were basically undestructable. Something current phones have major problems with.

Spec Wise I would pick the Lumia instead of the i5. Better screen, better Battary, better camera, wireless charging. Those are the most important features to me and Lumia wins it all.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

selnor said:
smbu2000 said:
Haha, funny article. Oh it wasn't a joke article? Sure seemed like it...

Iphone 5 unveiled today, leaving alot of media bemused by what appears to be a very average spec phone in tech. Iphone 5 didnt create any buzz today, like Iphone used to. Maybe due to an average dislay, camera and featues by todays standards. Lumia 920 created the most buzz, with its amazing display and Pureview camera. The figures are acurate.

Created no buzz? Are you insane? the iPhone 5 will RAPE the 920 saleswise, both in the US and WW. It wont even be a competition. Nokia commited suicide with WP, and thats a fact. They will remain an underdog, and their chance for surviving is on par with RIMs. Like it or not Selnor the Lumia will be a success if it moves 10 million LT, anbd that will probably be the first week sale of the iPhone 5.

Im not an Apple fan, but the simplified OS seems to do the job for its MASSIVE fanbase, and kusdos for making money It doesnt matter how good the hardware is, if its good enough and the marketing is better, I think everyone knew this already, but it seems that some people on VGC are OK with living under a rock

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
This site is becoming more and more the Android (and others) advertising site. Let me be excited about iPhone 5.

Maybe people here can have an open mind and weigh ALL options against eqch other instead of thinking Apple can't be beaten (Price AND Quality). People complain about the Apple bashers, but choose to ignore The AA (Apple Apostles)

UncleScrooge said:
People still don't get the concept of overshooting a market even though we've had half a decade of PS3/360 struggling against the Wii?

The iPhone 5's screen is not inferior - Apple consciously designed it at 4" because more than 4" is too big for a lot of people (like 90% of females). And stuff like refresh ratio and such... yeah, that's just tech talk. In the end both screens will look very similar. Same goes for the camera which is a bit better on the Lumia.

What people don't seem to take into consideration is the materials these phones are built from. The iPhone 5 is made out of a single piece of aluminum, glass and steel. Most Android Smartphones are made of plastic. This definitely helps to make the phone feel more quality.

As for iOS vs Android... yeah that comes down to your preferences.

In the end it's the same as always: Stay calm and just enjoy your smartphone! The difference in quality between the Galaxy S3, the iPhone 5 and the Lumia 920 is so small you're gonna need a magnifying glass to tell which one is "better". It's just utter bullshit bitching about every single smartphone released because it is not revolutionary enough. Comparing specs on a smartphone is equally stupid. It's about the user experience! Not the specs.

Oh the day when I can just bring my iPhone to any Restaurant or whatever without people telling me that Apple sucks will be a glorious day. It surely will signal that heaven on earth is near. I miss the 90's when Apple was that small struggling company and I could just use their products and no one cared. Today whenever Apple releases... anything people will feel personally threatened by it. The good old days

HTC devices were all built with aluminium chassis a couple of years ago but I didn't see Apple fans claiming it was a better build quality when their phones were being made out of plastic...

I think the biggest annoyance and why Apple fans get blasted is they enter a disussion without knowing about the other options generally as they often don't look into them properly.  This makes them poorly informed and often spout marketing and opinion as some sort of valid reasoning for their devices to be better.  I have no problem with Apple making the business choices it does, I just get irritated by Apple's users who have to be some of the most obnoxious gaseous people in existence (present company not included).  Just cause a large number of people do something doesn't make it right.

I am a Android fanboy and not ones they are closed mined, but if you just want to go with specs only. Well This thing is really nothing special. 4 inch screen when other androids have 4.5-5 inch screens and are not bulky. Really there is nothing special with this phone at all they should make people go crazy for it, but you have the dumb Apple fanboys out there going crazy for it. They need to wake up and say not worth the money to buy it.

I'm not sure if this has been answered in a previous thread or not, but why is the Lumia 920 so thick and heavy?

Not even comparing it to the iPhone 5 (112g, 7.6mm thickness), but comparing it to the large size Galaxy S3 (133g, 8.6mm thick.) The Lumia 920 weighs 185g and is 10.7mm thick. The GS3 even has a larger screen (4.8" vs. 4.5") and a slightly larger battery (2,100 mAh vs 2,000 mAh).

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

The thing that most Apple fans enjoy about Apple's products is the form factor and the user experience. When you get an Apple product, you're almost guaranteed that it will run as smoothly as when you bought it for its entire lifetime. The hardware is made to run the OS in it. Not so much the case with an Android phone, where customization, while being a really nice touch, can and most likely will in most cases end up hindering the phone's performance.

Also, quote: "Throw in ClearBlack for super saturated colors, 4.5” inches in size and a massive 332ppi that dwarfs the iPhone 5 and we know the winner."

Yeah, you sure can qualify a 6 ppi difference "dwarfing" (The iPhone 5 has 326 ppi on its 4" screen). ¬_¬
And when you mention the bigger size of the screen as a definite plus... That all comes down to preference.  Not a majority of users like to have a big ass phone that can't fit their jeans pocket.