By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do X360 exclusives sell more than PS3 exclusives?

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Dude, Halo 3 sold 18m didnt it?

Not according to VGChartz it didn't. I think MS said it sold 15m though...

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:

Wikipedia said 18m but if you base your numbers on Vgchartz, then its cool. 

Yay!!!

man-bear-pig said:
amaral_slb said:

- Prediction: Last of Us, PABR and Ascension, will be on this list at the end of 2013

You think the PS3 version of PS All Stars will sell 4m copies by the end of 2013? That's seems very unlikely

I am telling you right now, after 2 holiday seasons, a new cheap model (meaning casual gamer aboard, even if it only lauches next year), I am telling you, it will sell more then 4M copies by the end of 2013 (without saying that it needs to be an excelent game, don´t ever underestimate the power of the casual, specially when talking about a fan service type game like PABR will be)

BasilZero said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:

Wikipedia said 18m but if you base your numbers on Vgchartz, then its cool. 

Where is MBP getting 15m from o.O? 

VGChartz has it at 11.57 mil: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/6964/halo-3/

Halo 3 ODST for 6.07 mil: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/29077/halo-3-odst/

Combine them together makes 18 mil more sense (or close to it). 

Unless these numbers are wrong...and there's another database/page for VGChartz numbers I am not looking at o.o.

What the hell...

It didn't say/write that it sold 15m... I said that MS said that it sold that much in a press release a while back... :S

Bristow9091 said:
Just out of curiosity, which console has more exclusive games? And I actually mean EXCLUSIVE, not games that are on PC too...

X360 actually has more exclusives than ps3 (using your definition of exclusive)

Around the Network

God of War III is under-tracked by about 800,000 units, it should be around 5.2-5.3 million by now considering it shipped 5.2 million back in May 2012 according to Sony. How much do I have to complain before Vgchartz fixes its numbers? It just seems like pure laziness to me.

And if you're going to compare exclusives, at least make sure the games are exclusive. If the exact same game is released on multiple platforms, it's not an exclusive.

man-bear-pig said:
Euphoria14 said:
man-bear-pig said:
pezus said:
Fable II should replace Fable III and Forza 2 replace Gears1

They are exclusive. PC doesnt count. Besides, using your logic LBP shouldnt be on the list either

Look at 360 list, looks at PC.

Looks at arcade games and Indy titles, looks at PC.

LOLZ @ PC doesn't count. Any excuse to suit an argument. Just like how mobile phones don't count, amiright?

*facepalm*

The console war is between PS3, Wii and X360. PC is a completely different thing. It's like comparing peas, broccoli and lettuce to a drum kit

Considering how mobile gaming is going to possibly surpass everything soon is your "face palm" excuse going to shift that way too? I actually see it now honestly, all the time, hearing how iPhones don't count.

Console wars are dumb. Mobiles and PC count whether you like it or not. Regardless of rules that are set for no reason other than some argument between some devices that obviously has bias rules that support one over the other.

3DS has most games of all handheld gaming devices. Psstt, iPhone don't count.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

pezus said:
man-bear-pig said:
pezus said:
Fable II should replace Fable III and Forza 2 replace Gears1

They are exclusive, PC doesnt count. Besides, using your logic LBP shouldnt be on the list either

Wrong again. See post above.

Okay. But PC still doesn't count when talking about console exclusives

Ah yes, Fable 3 and Gears of War 1 are also on the PC.

Ugh...uhm...could people please stop missing the point of the thread and discuss what I'm actually talking about...that is, the sales of PS3/X360 exclusives (AS IN GAMES THAT ARE NOT AVAILABLE ON THE OPPOSING HD CONSOLE)