By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2012 NPD Thread - 360=193k, PS3+Wii=209k, 3DS=176k

kowenicki said:
Proclus said:
Average numbers all around.

Awful more like.

True.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Proclus said:
Average numbers all around.

Awful more like.

I wouldn't have thought that the 3DS has awful sales. It only includes the one week, or even only a few days, with the 3DSXL, and it also includes all of the people hanging back to buy the new version. I expect the 3DS to be number 1 next month by a significant margin.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

the more games go digital the more unreliable these numbers become.

Miserable sales.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Those Vita numbers are absolutely abysmal. Really.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Blacksaber said:
Well finally HW numbers from creamsugar.
psp < vita < 50k < wii < ds < 100k < ps3 < 150k < 3ds < 360

Jesus.

Yes? 

OT low sales. Good thing i havent miss much

Aren't these numbers for US only? As the PS3 has outsold the Xbox consistently every week for more than a year when it comes to worldwide sales.

Check out my Gaming Website www.LiveLootLevel.com View my game blog, read some reviews, and leave a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for taking the time guys.

RenderMonk said:
Aren't these numbers for US only? As the PS3 has outsold the Xbox consistently every week for more than a year when it comes to worldwide sales.

NPD only tracks US sales, yes.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

VGC had Vita sales at 40k and it was overtracked! Really? Unbelievably bad sales.

3ds not great either, but the XL did help to give it a bit of a boost. (44% of total 3ds sales in less than a week) Next month hopefully it gives it more momentum.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Vita is not doomed :)