By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2012 NPD Thread - 360=193k, PS3+Wii=209k, 3DS=176k

So I think I was right:
Wii 65k
PS3 145k

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
RenderMonk said:
Aren't these numbers for US only? As the PS3 has outsold the Xbox consistently every week for more than a year when it comes to worldwide sales.

yes only usa and no, not consistently for more than a year worldwide, you forgot last year november and december, that's when 360 was stronger than ps3.

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php

NPD is kind of boring now that Sony is too butt hurt to release real numbers.

J_Allard said:
NPD is kind of boring now that Sony is too butt hurt to release real numbers.

It's been a long time since sony released any real numbers... but they at least said things like "hitting its stride" "gaining mometum" "playstation ecosystem", etc until 2 months ago.

Vita sales really gave their PR a sick Elephant to work with.

3DS better have a huge holiday...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
RenderMonk said:
Aren't these numbers for US only? As the PS3 has outsold the Xbox consistently every week for more than a year when it comes to worldwide sales.

yes only usa and no, not consistently for more than a year worldwide, you forgot last year november and december, that's when 360 was stronger than ps3.

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php

Alright, correction. PS3 oustsold the the 360 worldwide  45/52weeks over the past year.

Check out my Gaming Website www.LiveLootLevel.com View my game blog, read some reviews, and leave a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for taking the time guys.

pezus said:
What a dramatic overreaction...

VGChartz says 40k, then it is "sub 40k", could be 39k even, or 38k and you're all acting like it's the end of the world and that it's a shock.

No different than how you acted during DQX release in the MC thread, so I think it's fair.

pezus said:

VGChartz says 40k, then it is "sub 40k", could be 39k even, or 38k and you're all acting like it's the end of the world and that it's a shock.

I think the reactions are warranted. We expected beyond awful numbers (40k) but didn't even get that. And since The Last Story did better than Vita it's unlikely that Vita was very close to 40k.

And I don't think the reactions in this thread are that crazy. Check out the gaf thread if you want some overreactions. It's pretty much one year of VGChartz dooming in one thread...

Kenology said:
pezus said:

No different than how you acted during DQX release in the MC thread, so I think it's fair.

Two wrongs don't make a right. 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Kenology said:
pezus said:

Two wrongs don't make a right. 

Well... ok.  You're right darth.  I take that comment back.