Tagged games:

Did you like the ending?

Yes 34 45.95%

It was okay 25 33.78%

No 12 16.22%

See results 3 4.05%

Total:74
SvennoJ said:
I liked it better then Uncharted 2's ending. That boss fight was annoying and out of place.
Uncharted 2 had better consistency overall. Uncharted 3 starts off pretty slow and lacks coherency, yet the second half is the best of the series. The first one had the best story.

I'm probably in the minority, but I actually liked Uncharted 2's boss fight.

• It was difficult, as a final boss should be.
  • It required a different sort of strategy: blowing up the resin with Lazarevic nearby
  • It didn't, however, suddenly change the game mechanics enormously.

It could have been improved by including more platforming of some kind, and perhaps some weaker enemies, but it was good overall.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
bananaking21 said:
i think thats the point, there wasnt ment to be a boss fight. uncharted 2's boss fight was heavily criticized and overall boss fights dont fit in in the uncharted series and uncharted gameplay so they just scraped the hole thing from the game. i played the game when it launched so i dont remember the rocket part so i cant comment on that.

The solution to that would be to make a boss fight that does fit in with the Uncharted series, in a level where you have ample room to move around and climb, which is the series' real strength.

I admit that I was playing on Normal, but even so, it would have been nice to be challenged just a little bit near the end of the game. Honestly, it was hardest in the middle and then got easier.

see the question is does the concept of the boss fight even fit in the uncharted series? its supposed to be cintamtic in a since and it clearly takes cinema and hollywood as a refrence. in movies there is no such thing as a "boss fight" but there is a primse and its what uncharted offers. i honestly hated the boss fight in uncharted 2 and i see the entire thing unnecessary

Uncharted 3 is the "weakest" Uncharted of them all, imo.

Edit: To add, Golden Abyss was better than 3, imo.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Kantor said:
SvennoJ said:
I liked it better then Uncharted 2's ending. That boss fight was annoying and out of place.
Uncharted 2 had better consistency overall. Uncharted 3 starts off pretty slow and lacks coherency, yet the second half is the best of the series. The first one had the best story.

I'm probably in the minority, but I actually liked Uncharted 2's boss fight.

• It was difficult, as a final boss should be.
  • It required a different sort of strategy: blowing up the resin with Lazarevic nearby
  • It didn't, however, suddenly change the game mechanics enormously.

It could have been improved by including more platforming of some kind, and perhaps some weaker enemies, but it was good overall.

The boss fight in the train still worked, the end one didn't. The camera kept spazzing out while running around the little maze which made navigating and keeping an eye on him very frustrating.
How is suddenly having to sprint around like a maniac not different from how the rest of the game works: stealth, positioning and crouching behind walls? It didn't feel right for Nathan Drake, adventurer / explorer. It did not fit his character.
It got worse after I got fed up with random deaths in the last round and looked on the internet for a strategy. Simply stand in one spot he can't reach and blow up the resin when he gets near, rinse and repeat. Disappointing.

The Atlantis of Sands collapsing was actually pretty awesome. The only thing I did not like at all was the fight against Talbott. That was meh

Around the Network

The story fell apart after reaching the Atlantis of the Sands and when Sully was "shot".

It could have been a really great ending, Drake finds the treasure and a secret about the Atlantis of the Sands and Sully could have almost died, or actually died if ND wanted to troll us and make a dramatic ending.

So much potential for a great wrap up to the series that would have made it better than Uncharted 2 in my opinion, but they had to go with that "hallucination" crap.

Kantor said:
bananaking21 said:
i think thats the point, there wasnt ment to be a boss fight. uncharted 2's boss fight was heavily criticized and overall boss fights dont fit in in the uncharted series and uncharted gameplay so they just scraped the hole thing from the game. i played the game when it launched so i dont remember the rocket part so i cant comment on that.

The solution to that would be to make a boss fight that does fit in with the Uncharted series, in a level where you have ample room to move around and climb, which is the series' real strength.

I admit that I was playing on Normal, but even so, it would have been nice to be challenged just a little bit near the end of the game. Honestly, it was hardest in the middle and then got easier.

You're right but you're not qualified to claim the game was easy if you haven't played it on a higher difficulty. The UC games were a breeze but you don't get the luxury of saying it. :P

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

There were so many things wrong with this game.
-What the heck happened between Drake and Elena after Uncharted 2 that they were no longer together?
-Elena is barely in the game.
-The whole 'Sully is getting old, he might die if you're not careful' thing they were building the whole game had zero payoff.
-Marlow gave Charlie a tarot card showing a burning tower and shortly after the tower explodes...how the heck did she know about this?
-You fight the big guy in the bathroom in the beginning and it's awesome...not so much when you have same fight with his identical siblings/clones/lazy enemy design throughout the rest of the game.
-I didn't even know the game had ended until the trophies popped...both me and my boyfriend were shocked at how bad it was.

didnt like the low overall difficulty and the lack of a true boss battle or even multiple ones, the drake and elena deal (look it up if you dont know what i mean dont want to spoil) and the inconstancy of the levels some where very good some werent

i liked the first the most and the fact that it released in 07 was more impressive in terms of wow factor, i didnt like uc2 at all (story, lack of difficult gunplay) so i had very low hope for 3. there certain areas where 2 and 3 surpass DF like graphics, MP and scale of the set pieces but thats about it. story, gameplay, difficulty and overall feel of the journey for me DF has them beat hands down

Play Me

I agree about the ending. Also, the most frustrating level in the game has to be the ship area. That part was soooo annoying. It just felt like they were trying to include as many set pieces as possible, instead of letting the story take on its own course.