Forums - Sony Discussion - So I just finished Uncharted 3... [spoilers]

Tagged games:

Did you like the ending?

Yes 34 45.95%

It was okay 25 33.78%

No 12 16.22%

See results 3 4.05%

Total:74

There was gaming for those who say that it was just a movie, but it kept you waiting. Gameplay and story wise the ending was disappointing compared to U2. One was a bit annoying but at least explained a few things. U3 explained nothing of the antagonist and their secret weapon which was lost forever.

Edit: I think that U3 was the best uncharted is is one of the best games ever made, but i'm just nitpicking something I highly enjoyed  

Around the Network

Yep they could have handled the ending much better. Heck I preferred Golden Abyss ending way more than UC3

I think, looking back now, UC2 is slightly better than UC3 in SP

But MP wise UC3 is a at a whole new level

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

One thing I was really expecting in U3 was Sully's death. Don't get me wrong, I love Sully, but everything was leading for him to die or something, but, yeah you guys know the end. In a way is good, because he'll be in an Uncharted 4, but I guess it kinda messed the SP idea of "Drake's Deception"

LET'S GO KNICKS

Yes, I agree.

SPOILERS: Plus, Cutter and Cloe simply disappear in the middle of the story never to make an appearance again. Why bring them then? Plus, the story goes nowhere for too long in the middle:

They bring Drake to a ship to interrogate him for no reason (why not do it then and there?), he escapes, he's like "Sully must be that way, there I go", then after all the trouble Sully's not there, he sinks every ship, he makes it to the shore miraculously, and he's like "must take a plane to find Sully", then he crashes the plane, finds a city, then some nomads find him, then "Sully's in that convoy"...END OF SPOILERS

There's just too many, too weak new plot points connecting the set pieces, it doesn't flow. If you're going to make a game that's meant to be like a blockbuster movie, actually try to have a decent (not great, but at least decent) plot instead of loosely connecting all those set pieces. Uncharted 2 was so much tighter all around. I still liked the game, but many things could've improved.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

I liked it better then Uncharted 2's ending. That boss fight was annoying and out of place.
Uncharted 2 had better consistency overall. Uncharted 3 starts off pretty slow and lacks coherency, yet the second half is the best of the series. The first one had the best story.

Around the Network

I thought OT was pretty great. Uncharted 2 is still my favorite in the series, but Uncharted 3 is right up there. My problem with UC3 is how they changed the shooting, a few boring levels, and the weak ending. But other than that, it was about as good as 2 imo. Never really cared for stories in the Uncharted games so that wasn't really a factor. (In fact, I'm surprised so many people here do). But yeah, it was a fun game. Not quite as good as part 2, but it was still one of those games that makes me play nonstop for 2-3 hours. That's a great game imo.

When I first finished it, I did feel like the game was significantly worse than Uncharted 2. That's probably because I had just played the ending, which was a lot worse than the rest of the game. After I played it again, I realized that I had enjoyed the middle of the game as much as part 2. I'm jot sure how I feel about the beginning. It was fun, but at the same time, it lacked the action found in the beginning of UC2.

Still a great game. I would rate the series like this.
Uncharted 2 - 8.5
Uncharted 3 - 8.0
Uncharted 1 - 7.5

pezus said:
kowenicki said:
I still think Uncharted DF is by far the best campaign of the three. It just works.

Yes to the storyline and the telling of it, no to the gameplay. U1 was very fun, but it was pretty barebones imo.

Uncharted 1: best supernatural shit.

Uncharted 2: best story and storytelling

Uncharted 3: best gameplay, best level design

Uncharted GA: funniest

2 & 3 are tied for graphics, cause while 3 is technically better, 2 is artistically better.

eye em oh

Andrespetmonkey said:
pezus said:
kowenicki said:
I still think Uncharted DF is by far the best campaign of the three. It just works.

Yes to the storyline and the telling of it, no to the gameplay. U1 was very fun, but it was pretty barebones imo.

Uncharted 1: best supernatural shit.

Uncharted 2: best story and storytelling

Uncharted 3: best gameplay, best level design

Uncharted GA: funniest

2 & 3 are tied for graphics, cause while 3 is technically better, 2 is artistically better.

eye em oh

I will add that on UC GA: Best exploration

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

pezus said:
kowenicki said:

i liked the shotgun animation from drakes fortune. they flip like 10 foot in the air!

bananaking21 said:
i think thats the point, there wasnt ment to be a boss fight. uncharted 2's boss fight was heavily criticized and overall boss fights dont fit in in the uncharted series and uncharted gameplay so they just scraped the hole thing from the game. i played the game when it launched so i dont remember the rocket part so i cant comment on that.

The solution to that would be to make a boss fight that does fit in with the Uncharted series, in a level where you have ample room to move around and climb, which is the series' real strength.

I admit that I was playing on Normal, but even so, it would have been nice to be challenged just a little bit near the end of the game. Honestly, it was hardest in the middle and then got easier.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective