By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kevin Butler: Vice President of Betrayal and Tears

Tagged games:

There you go

Around the Network

Wouldn't he be with Bridgestone and not Nintendo?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chark said:
Wouldn't he be with Bridgestone and not Nintendo?

It's clear Nintendo is using a shell company, namely Bridgestone.

They have taken everything from us, is there nothing sacred anymore?

It's time for Gabe Newell to get his revenge on the VP of Sharpening Things.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Holy shit! If I were Microsoft or Nintendo, I'd have put this guy in the spot light in so many creative ways! And hell, they could have gotten that kid, Marcus PSP Rivers for the price of a McDonald's large value meal. I'd have tossed him into a 3DS commercial, too.

My commercial idea: "Have that group of racially diverse friends from the Nintendo commercials sitting around playing mult-player NSMB2 on the 3DS while a depressed Marcus Rivers peeks in from outside (where it's raining, of course). The door opens and Marcus smiles because he thinks they're going to invite him in. Instead, some chick pulls out her bloody tampon and throws it into Marcus' face, killing him."

My commercial idea #2: "Have a depressed Kevin Butler (never mentioned by name) living in a box. Reggie walks up to him, takes him to the store and says, "C'mon buddy. We're going to fix you right up." Butler walks off with Reggie. The two commence with small talk. Reggie gives him a Wii Remote. Butler says, "Oh, I've played with one of these before.....well, maybe not one of these exactly. More like a cheap knock-off. It wasn't very popular, though."

HappySqurriel said:
For years I've wondered how these actor's contracts are written ...

If it was possible, and it likely isn't, when Sony stopped using an actor for one of their campaigns (if I was Nintendo or Microsoft) I would create a series of commercials to be run on youtube using these actors. Essentially have "Marcus" or "Kevin Butler" switch sides in a humorous way.

If I had to guess, There had to be a noncompete, it was just probably poorly worded, saying he couldn't work for a rival videogame company... and not a commercial dealing with a rival company's products.

RolStoppable said:
richardhutnik said:

Apparently earlier this year:

http://www.ripten.com/2012/02/05/sonys-kevin-butler-takes-new-position-as-vp-of-bridgestone-football-technology/

Sony must of been done with the whole Kevin Butler campaign, so they let the actor go.  Then apparently, because he got let go, he landed elsewhere, and this happened.  Sony must of felt they could also keep the character, but let the actor go.  They are having a Kevin Butler Sackboy in the LBP Karting game coming out also:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/30/littlebigplanet-karting-game-jam-video-pre-order-goodies-detailed/

I do wonder what his contract is.  

And I was going to try to make light of this, but it does look like there is a bit of a dramatic side, and I am a Kevin Butler fan.

"of" is not a verb.

This message is brought to you by "Let's teach English to native English speakers", a campaign that is very much needed.

I would like to pledge my support to this cause.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

badgenome said:

ROFL

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Damn it, I was wondering why Sony hadn't done an ad campaign for KB in a while, I guess they're done. Ugh, that was the best ad campaign they ever did.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!