By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kevin Butler: Vice President of Betrayal and Tears

Tagged games:

lol its funny how things can change so fast!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Yes and suddenly people like "KB"

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Slightly on (not really) topic question. I'm convinced it's "Different from or to" but I keep hearing people saying it's "Different than" As in Apples are different from/to/than oranges. Am I right?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Well Sony at least still has Marcus....

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Jay's plan is calling along nicely

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

I guess Kevin Butler won't be in PS All-Stars and join the Smash Bros. Roster instead^^

Just kidding. He's just an actor and the Kevin Butler Persona is probably copyrighted by Sony. But it's funny anyway.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Kasz216 said:
HappySqurriel said:
For years I've wondered how these actor's contracts are written ...

If it was possible, and it likely isn't, when Sony stopped using an actor for one of their campaigns (if I was Nintendo or Microsoft) I would create a series of commercials to be run on youtube using these actors. Essentially have "Marcus" or "Kevin Butler" switch sides in a humorous way.

If I had to guess, There had to be a noncompete, it was just probably poorly worded, saying he couldn't work for a rival videogame company... and not a commercial dealing with a rival company's products.

You are probably giving Sony too much credit. Their contract probably contained no such clause, because Sony probably didn't want to pay for the privilege. The reality is they would have paid much more for that, and probably thought the risk was worth taking. They aren't necessarily wrong, because only the most anal of observers will notice Mr Sony is selling a tire package that includes a free game console. Anyway it wouldn't be the first time that Sony didn't bother to button something up in what is likely a effort to save money. Remember that song they licensed for Little Big Planet advertising, but didn't ensure it was exclusive.

Sony seems to prefer renting as compared to owning.

Excellent. My plan to destroy Nintendo is going pretty well. The first step is infiltrating their workforce and gaining their trust. It's too easy. They'll be dead before they even know we were in there.

Kevin Butler is a filthy console whore.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Dodece said:
Kasz216 said:
HappySqurriel said:
For years I've wondered how these actor's contracts are written ...

If it was possible, and it likely isn't, when Sony stopped using an actor for one of their campaigns (if I was Nintendo or Microsoft) I would create a series of commercials to be run on youtube using these actors. Essentially have "Marcus" or "Kevin Butler" switch sides in a humorous way.

If I had to guess, There had to be a noncompete, it was just probably poorly worded, saying he couldn't work for a rival videogame company... and not a commercial dealing with a rival company's products.

You are probably giving Sony too much credit. Their contract probably contained no such clause, because Sony probably didn't want to pay for the privilege. The reality is they would have paid much more for that, and probably thought the risk was worth taking. They aren't necessarily wrong, because only the most anal of observers will notice Mr Sony is selling a tire package that includes a free game console. Anyway it wouldn't be the first time that Sony didn't bother to button something up in what is likely a effort to save money. Remember that song they licensed for Little Big Planet advertising, but didn't ensure it was exclusive.

Sony seems to prefer renting as compared to owning.

Was this guy famous for anything before these adds?   Can't imagine it would cost that much.  I thought such things became standard after the "You've got Mail" guy's betrayel for Netzero.