By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console has the best lineup for the 1st half of 2008 in your opinion?

Best lineup in absolute terms (what interests the most people), or what I'm looking forward to personally? I can guarantee you that most people will just say their favorite console in either case.

Not to break my own prediction, I find the Wii's lineup to be by far the most interesting. It would be so just for Brawl, but on top of that there's No More Heroes, Okami, the brilliant Zack&Wiki that I bought yesterday, and a bunch of stuff that can be Q2 or Q3, so I won't list them.

I have no interest in GTA, or racing games, and I find all the FPS coming out to look pretty generic, so that rules out a good chunk of the HD console's offering for me. =/

Around the Network

Wii
PS3

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Jandre002 said:
MGS4,Haze, GTA4, DMC4, Socom:Confrontation.

SSBB and MK beats that? I dunno I guess its preference.

No way SSBB beats GTA4 though. Thats insane.

Brawl, Mario Kart, Wii Fit, Okami, No more heroes destroys that.

Want to make a bet ? I bet that brawl it's going to sell more than the ps3 version of GTA 4. One month ban? 

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Personally:
1.)PS3 because of MGS4,DMC4,GTA4,KZ2(I think this one is 1st half of '08?)

2.)Wii beause of SSBB (not really that interested in MK)

3.)360 because.....well GTA4 is the only one I can think of but I'm sure there are others

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Oh of course it will sell more. I just dont think the Wii selling alot of consoles makes a game like SSBB better than the next installment of the GTA series. Its the best sandbox game ever.

But lifetime, I will go ahead and bet that the PS3 version of GTA4 will outsell SSBB. LIFETIME though. The PS3 needs a bigger install base

Around the Network
Jandre002 said:
Oh of course it will sell more. I just dont think the Wii selling alot of consoles makes a game like SSBB better than the next installment of the GTA series. Its the best sandbox game ever.

But lifetime, I will go ahead and bet that the PS3 version of GTA4 will outsell SSBB. LIFETIME though. The PS3 needs a bigger install base

So you agree that Brawl it's going to be a bigger game. Good.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

yeah forgot about Wii Fit. With SSBB, MK and Wii Fit I think that there a good possibility for the Wii to be sold out till this summer.

first half 2008? Easily the ps3. Gta4,killzone2,haze,dmc4... Not even a contest. The wii has brawl and a port from a year old ps2 game(okami), and the 360 has fired its biggest guns end of 2007

I'm really excited to see what the N-Gage has in store for me in 2008.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

ps3's lineup is good but the Wii's is better because of one thing, DIVERSITY! A lot of Ps3 titles are diverse, yes. But, i think i'm starting to see a bit of the 360's "shooter disease" happen to ps3 where it gets a bunch of shooters! (i hope i'm wrong though.) Wii has a lot of great 2008 lineup titles coming! 360 practically imo used up all its ammo in 2007!!!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius