By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console has the best lineup for the 1st half of 2008 in your opinion?

Wii, definitely. In addition to SSBB and Mario Kart, our humble little two GameCubes duct-taped together has Endless Ocean/Forever Blue, No More Heroes, Agatha Christie, Baroque, DQ Swords, Destroy All Humans, Okami, Opoona, Alone in the Dark, Nitro Bike, Blast Works, Rygar, de Blob, and Lego Indiana Jones, among others.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
carlos710 said:
tombi123 said:
carlos710 said:
tombi123 said:

I'm sure Brawl is going to sell more than GTA 4 (ps3+360) lifetime (and also is going to sell more than either version in the first month). But it would be stupid to bet on something like that, since it would take years to know who was right.

Well why not do first month sales then...

I bet GTA4 (PS3+360) first month WW sales > SSBB first month WW sales.

Want to take that bet? Or don't you think SSBB is up to it :)

Make it lifetime, brawl will be the winner.

@ChronoTrigger

lol ? "1 game on HD consoles"

So when you buy GTA 4 for the ps3 you also get the 360 version or what ?

I hardly think anyones going to buy both versions of 1 game -_-; You have to count the totals for both because you decided you wanted to do Brawl vr GTA4. It's the same game, I'm not sure why you want to separate sales.

lol ? "Make it lifetime"? Do you plan on being active here in what 6 years? No thanks on that bet pal.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

The one with Smash Brothers Brawl

Wii has the better lineup
it has more variety of games

carlos710 said:
tombi123 said:
carlos710 said:
tombi123 said:

I'm sure Brawl is going to sell more than GTA 4 (ps3+360) lifetime (and also is going to sell more than either version in the first month). But it would be stupid to bet on something like that, since it would take years to know who was right.

@ChronoTrigger

Like you said, if we bet on lifetime, it would be years before we found out. So basically you are now saying GTA4 is bigger than SSBB, or you would take my bet. So yeah in terms of line ups, GTA4 is bigger than SSBB, thank you.

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
carlos710 said:
tombi123 said:
carlos710 said:
tombi123 said:

@ChronoTrigger

Like you said, if we bet on lifetime, it would be years before we found out. So basically you are now saying GTA4 is bigger than SSBB, or you would take my bet. So yeah in terms of line ups, GTA4 is bigger than SSBB, thank you.

Not really, since i clearly said that Brawl is going to be bigger and is going to sell more before both games die.

So yes, Brawl is going to be bigger than GTA 4

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

^your guys are starting to make my head spin

In my opinion: 1. Wii, 2. PS3, 3. 360.

Objectivily speaking (as much as possible): 1. PS3, 2. Wii, 3. 360.

mesoteto said:
^your guys are starting to make my head spin

Keep reading!!! Soon you'll feel an over glorified sense of accomplishment :3

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

tombi123 said:
carlos710 said:
tombi123 said:

Dumb bet since two consoles are still more than the Wii total sales

Make it one year sales and that might work 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)