By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console has the best lineup for the 1st half of 2008 in your opinion?

Avinash_Tyagi said:
tombi123 said:
carlos710 said:
tombi123 said:

I'm sure Brawl is going to sell more than GTA 4 (ps3+360) lifetime (and also is going to sell more than either version in the first month). But it would be stupid to bet on something like that, since it would take years to know who was right.

Well why not do first month sales then...

I bet GTA4 (PS3+360) first month WW sales > SSBB first month WW sales.

Want to take that bet? Or don't you think SSBB is up to it :)

Dumb bet since two consoles are still more than the Wii total sales

He didn't start this idea :P The wii has the fanbase to pull it off though :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network
carlos710 said:
tombi123 said:
carlos710 said:
tombi123 said:
carlos710 said:
tombi123 said:

Make it lifetime, brawl will be the winner.

@ChronoTrigger

lol ? "1 game on HD consoles"

So when you buy GTA 4 for the ps3 you also get the 360 version or what ?

Like you said, if we bet on lifetime, it would be years before we found out. So basically you are now saying GTA4 is bigger than SSBB, or you would take my bet. So yeah in terms of line ups, GTA4 is bigger than SSBB, thank you.

Not really, since i clearly said that Brawl is going to be bigger and is going to sell more before both games die.

So yes, Brawl is going to be bigger than GTA 4

Well, take my bet then if your so confident.

First month sales of GTA4 (PS3+360) WW > First month sales of SSBB WW. 

ChronotriggerJM said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
tombi123 said:
carlos710 said:
tombi123 said:

I'm sure Brawl is going to sell more than GTA 4 (ps3+360) lifetime (and also is going to sell more than either version in the first month). But it would be stupid to bet on something like that, since it would take years to know who was right.

Dumb bet since two consoles are still more than the Wii total sales

He didn't start this idea :P Carlos did ^_^

Which is why carlos said lifetime, becaus over lifetime Wii will sell more than PS3 and 360 combined (times 2 at least)

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

tombi123 said:

Well take my bet:

Life time sales of Brawl > life time sales of GTA

:O)

I guess it must be a damn sad thing to need other consoles games to feel better about the lack of games on your current console.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

tombi123 said:
carlos710 said:
tombi123 said:
carlos710 said:
tombi123 said:
carlos710 said:
tombi123 said:

Make it lifetime, brawl will be the winner.

@ChronoTrigger

lol ? "1 game on HD consoles"

So when you buy GTA 4 for the ps3 you also get the 360 version or what ?

Like you said, if we bet on lifetime, it would be years before we found out. So basically you are now saying GTA4 is bigger than SSBB, or you would take my bet. So yeah in terms of line ups, GTA4 is bigger than SSBB, thank you.

Not really, since i clearly said that Brawl is going to be bigger and is going to sell more before both games die.

So yes, Brawl is going to be bigger than GTA 4

too scared to make it one year tombi?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

all this talk of betting makes me think of Kenny vs Spenny--you guys know the show?

Avinash ill bet you one months ban.

PS3 ALONE end of year GTAIV sales will be higher than SSBB WW.

carlos710 said:
tombi123 said:

1) Well take my bet:

2)I guess it must be a sad damn thing to need other consoles games  to feel better about the lack of games on your current console.

1) You said yourself that a lifetime bet would mean it would be to long before we found out who won. Surely one month is long enough.

2) I don't even like GTA and I will not be buying GTA4. Also I have both a PS3 and a Wii, you know because I am not a fanboy.  

Obviously in a month GTA would win, but in a year Brawl would probably had duplicated GTA4 sales.

Wii60+DS owner

Long Time Nintendo loyalist

carlos710 said:
tombi123 said:

Well take my bet:

I guess it must be a sad damn thing to need other consoles games to feel better about the lack of games on your current console.

I'm not sure if I'd talk about sad when you went to these lengths to prove some stupid trivial matter that concerns your ego and someones opinion. Even more sad that you won't go game vs game, you have to take the Wii userbase which is more than double that of the PS3 with better attach rates on first party titles, and compare it to a 3rd party game that's multi-plat, but only inluding sales of part of it's target audience. 

Anyway good luck with this :) I hope you get what your looking for out of this silly banter :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.