4. Assassins Creed (.22)
5. Hatsune Miku (.20)
Average: .256mil

3DS
1. Monster Hunter 3G (1.60)
2. Kingdom Hearts (.95)
3. Dragon Quest Monsters (.91)
4. Super Street Fighter IV (.86)
5. (skipping Mario and Sonic) Lego Star Wars (.65)
Average: .994mil

in fact, there are thirteen 3rd party 3DS games that sold more than the top selling vita 3rd party game. That'll be a tough sell for Sony...

Someone (you) should make a "Top 10 selling 3rd party 3DS games vs 3rd party Vita games"!! :D

If someone is going to make this thread, it needs to happen before next week's numbers are out when P4G will get a sizable boost and AC3 should see a decent increase too.  Which would make it extremely 3DS sided.  After the numbers, it'll just be very 3DS sided, which I'm sure is less impressive because everyone likes a bit of numbers drama.

Also, the numbers for that FIFA game are flat out wrong because some DB admin has been adding Fifa 13's USA sales to that FIFA game, inflating the figures by 30k or so.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
DanneSandin said:
sundin13 said:

Vita:
1. FIFA Soccer (.37mil)
2. Rayman Origins (.25)
3. Persona 4 (.24)
4. Assassins Creed (.22)
5. Hatsune Miku (.20)

3DS
2. Kingdom Hearts (.95)

in fact, there are thirteen 3rd party 3DS games that sold more than the top selling vita 3rd party game. That'll be a tough sell for Sony...

Someone (you) should make a "Top 10 selling 3rd party 3DS games vs 3rd party Vita games"!! :D

If someone is going to make this thread, it needs to happen before next week's numbers are out when P4G will get a sizable boost and AC3 should see a decent increase too.  Which would make it extremely 3DS sided.  After the numbers, it'll just be very 3DS sided, which I'm sure is less impressive because everyone likes a bit of numbers drama.

Also, the numbers for that FIFA game are flat out wrong because some DB admin has been adding Fifa 13's USA sales to that FIFA game, inflating the figures by 30k or so.

Haha I wanna see 3rd party games on both system from 2012 alone :p as it is now, it's not even funny coming in here and watching the NSMB2 numbers and how they crush Vita top 10. I wanna see some debate :D

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

noname2200 said:
Scisca said:

I personally wouldn't count MH, cause this game would sell like crazy in Japan even if released on a refrigerator display screen.

Please don't start down this road. It doesn't end well with anybody.

Why? I'm just stating my opinion. I know it's a 3rd party game, I respect its sales, but my point in doing this comparison is to see how well normal, good 3rd party games would sell in the future and the impact that this may have on 3rd party devs. Just normal games and not titles that dedicated Japanese gamers will buy no matter what, no matter the platform it's on. I just don't think that results of a MH game would be an argument for a 3rd party dev. Look at a second game from Capcop, Resident Evil: Revelations, a huge franchise, a great game and only 0.63 in sales. This shows the power of the MH franchise. I'm totally fine if you disagree with me though, cause I understand the arguments against this point of view :)

It would be awesome if they made MH4 on both 3DS and Vita, but Sony won't get anything more than maybe a late port, unfortunatelly.

DanneSandin said:
Scisca said:
sundin13 said:
@Scisca: 
okay, lets look at 3rd parties real quick:

Vita:
1. FIFA Soccer (.37mil)
2. Rayman Origins (.25)
3. Persona 4 (.24)
4. Assassins Creed (.22)
5. Hatsune Miku (.20)

3DS
2. Kingdom Hearts (.95)

I personally wouldn't count MH, cause this game would sell like crazy in Japan even if released on a refrigerator display screen. It sells on 3DS, it would sell on Vita as well. 3rd party devs won't buy into an argument like "3rd party games do well on 3DS, just look at MH". If you compare the same titles on both consoles, you get Rayman Vita 0.25 and Rayman 3DS 0.52, so nothing huge.

Add to this the fact that 3DS games on your list have been out for quite a while, while AC:L has been out for 3 weeks, Persona is also new, it isn't even out in Europe. CoD will probably make the top 5 3rd party games soon as well, so this list will start to look better. Obviously Nintendo is ahead, but if you compare it to the 8:1 hardware ratio, you see that 3rd parties aren't really selling great on 3DS. There is space for Sony to fight here, but they need to start to be aggressive and well... they also finally need some luck.

So what you wanna see is the "Top 10 best selling 3rd party games on the 3DS vs 3rd party games on Vita in 2012"!?

I don't need you make anything for me, I know how to use this site ;) A comparison of 3rd party sales for the total year could be interesting though, since by the end of the year the bulk of both AC:L and CoD will already be sold. It would only leave us without P4G in Europe, but that won't change the general picture much. The 3DS will obviously come on top, but I'm very curious about the ratio. This may prove to be important for Sony and how devs perceive Vita in the future.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Salnax said:

Hell, if he doesn't get around to making that thread, I'll have to do it myself!

its all yours ^.^

Scisca said:
noname2200 said:
Scisca said:

I personally wouldn't count MH, cause this game would sell like crazy in Japan even if released on a refrigerator display screen.

Why? I'm just stating my opinion. I know it's a 3rd party game, I respect its sales, but my point in doing this comparison is to see how well normal, good 3rd party games would sell in the future and the impact that this may have on 3rd party devs. Just normal games and not titles that dedicated Japanese gamers will buy no matter what, no matter the platform it's on. I just don't think that results of a MH game would be an argument for a 3rd party dev. Look at a second game from Capcop, Resident Evil: Revelations, a huge franchise, a great game and only 0.63 in sales. This shows the power of the MH franchise. I'm totally fine if you disagree with me though, cause I understand the arguments against this point of view :)

It would be awesome if they made MH4 on both 3DS and Vita, but Sony won't get anything more than maybe a late port, unfortunatelly.

DanneSandin said:
Scisca said:
sundin13 said:
@Scisca: 

Vita:
1. FIFA Soccer (.37mil)
2. Rayman Origins (.25)
3. Persona 4 (.24)
4. Assassins Creed (.22)
5. Hatsune Miku (.20)

3DS
2. Kingdom Hearts (.95)

I personally wouldn't count MH, cause this game would sell like crazy in Japan even if released on a refrigerator display screen. It sells on 3DS, it would sell on Vita as well. 3rd party devs won't buy into an argument like "3rd party games do well on 3DS, just look at MH". If you compare the same titles on both consoles, you get Rayman Vita 0.25 and Rayman 3DS 0.52, so nothing huge.

Add to this the fact that 3DS games on your list have been out for quite a while, while AC:L has been out for 3 weeks, Persona is also new, it isn't even out in Europe. CoD will probably make the top 5 3rd party games soon as well, so this list will start to look better. Obviously Nintendo is ahead, but if you compare it to the 8:1 hardware ratio, you see that 3rd parties aren't really selling great on 3DS. There is space for Sony to fight here, but they need to start to be aggressive and well... they also finally need some luck.

So what you wanna see is the "Top 10 best selling 3rd party games on the 3DS vs 3rd party games on Vita in 2012"!?

I don't need you make anything for me, I know how to use this site ;) A comparison of 3rd party sales for the total year could be interesting though, since by the end of the year the bulk of both AC:L and CoD will already be sold. It would only leave us without P4G in Europe, but that won't change the general picture much. The 3DS will obviously come on top, but I'm very curious about the ratio. This may prove to be important for Sony and how devs perceive Vita in the future.

Well, I'm not gonna do it for you =) I simply asked if that's something you wanted to see :P as it turns out, JoeBro said he would make it ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
Scisca said:
noname2200 said:
Scisca said:

DanneSandin said:
Scisca said:
sundin13 said:
@Scisca: 

Vita:
1. FIFA Soccer (.37mil)
2. Rayman Origins (.25)
3. Persona 4 (.24)
4. Assassins Creed (.22)
5. Hatsune Miku (.20)

3DS
2. Kingdom Hearts (.95)

Well, I'm not gonna do it for you =) I simply asked if that's something you wanted to see :P as it turns out, JoeBro said he would make it ^^

OK :) I will surely take a look at it. And I hope the ratio will be much better for Sony than 8:1 hardware ratio.

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

Scisca said:
noname2200 said:
Scisca said:

Why? I'm just stating my opinion. I know it's a 3rd party game, I respect its sales, but my point in doing this comparison is to see how well normal, good 3rd party games would sell in the future and the impact that this may have on 3rd party devs.

Because it's wholly irrelevant, and reeks of moving the goalposts. For the second point, keep in mind I'm not accusing you of either of those, I'm merely pointing out that that is how it appears.

For the first point, you have it backwards; tentpole releases are immensely important to determining what third-parties do. It is no coincidence that GTA clones starting to spring up on the PS2 en masse after GTA III. It's no coincidence that the X-Box gained the reputation of being a "shooter box" since its strength lay in the shooters it attracted. Notice how Call of Duty clones sprung up like mushrooms, on the same platforms that Call of Duty popped up on? How about the fact that the PSP's third-party support only arrived after Monster Hunter showed its face? Or that the DS was not an RPG machine until Final Fantasy III demonstrated its sales potential?

Third-parties are a combination of sheep and moths. They follow the crowd, and swarm towards whatever shiny light they see. Think of it this way: if we apply this line of reasoning equally, then every system loses such franchises as Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Final Fantasy, Grand Theft Auto, and whatever other "major" third-party franchise you care to name. That will provide us some data, but with so many qualifiers I personally find that data largely useless.

noname2200 said:
Scisca said:
noname2200 said:
Scisca said:

Why? I'm just stating my opinion. I know it's a 3rd party game, I respect its sales, but my point in doing this comparison is to see how well normal, good 3rd party games would sell in the future and the impact that this may have on 3rd party devs.

Because it's wholly irrelevant, and reeks of moving the goalposts. For the second point, keep in mind I'm not accusing you of either of those, I'm merely pointing out that that is how it appears.

For the first point, you have it backwards; tentpole releases are immensely important to determining what third-parties do. It is no coincidence that GTA clones starting to spring up on the PS2 en masse after GTA III. It's no coincidence that the X-Box gained the reputation of being a "shooter box" since its strength lay in the shooters it attracted. Notice how Call of Duty clones sprung up like mushrooms, on the same platforms that Call of Duty popped up on? How about the fact that the PSP's third-party support only arrived after Monster Hunter showed its face? Or that the DS was not an RPG machine until Final Fantasy III demonstrated its sales potential?

Third-parties are a combination of sheep and moths. They follow the crowd, and swarm towards whatever shiny light they see. Think of it this way: if we apply this line of reasoning equally, then every system loses such franchises as Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Final Fantasy, Grand Theft Auto, and whatever other "major" third-party franchise you care to name. That will provide us some data, but with so many qualifiers I personally find that data largely useless.

I know it looks like this, and it kinda is moving the goalposts, but what is there left for Vita? :D We're trying to find any single ray of hope ;)

I understand how it worked on PS2, X-box, but it didn't work this way for Wii, did it? And this is something that I think Sony should try to exploit. Convincing devs that 3DS looks like Wii, that they will be better off on the Vita even when it sells less consoles than 3DS, just like with Wii vs. PS3. Obviously Vita finally needs to pick up sales to back this claim up, but 2-3 big games more (Killzone, Soul Sacrifice, and a real FIFA 14 with crossplay?) and a price cut should be enough to do it. Not to rival 3DS sales, but to get them high enough, to get the sales of 3rd party games at least on par by the end of next year - this should be the goal for Sony now. Getting a game that breaks the 1 million mark would also be nice though... But a second Uncharted is the only game that I see doing this.

3DS Slays anyways ._.

Essentially the guy doesn't wan to include exclusive 3rd party games on the 3DS (although Vita's exclusive 3rd party games are fine) because removing those would create a more favorable result for the Vita (and he can feel better about the results) regardless of how irrelevant they are.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.