By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Heading to Nintendo's Wii U Launch Event

Lucky you. You should try to get any kind of concrete answers on game release dates.

Around the Network

I'm jelly. Check out anything related Zelda, Metroid, Dragon Quest, and any japanese game of high calibur (Capcom games, Konami games, etc.)

Thanks J

I'm pretty sure they will give you guys hands on time with the Wii U and its games. I suggest play the heck out of those games, know every info about them, their features, utilization of the Wii U Gamepad, and comparison between the ports, etc. oh most importantly...Miiverse. Don't forget about that one. This could possibly be better than E3, so you lucky! Have fun!

Wii U Demos in *FPS* View  ;)
http://www.youtube.com/user/PxDxI

DRAE_nmhar said:

I'm pretty sure they will give you guys hands on time with the Wii U and its games. I suggest play the heck out of those games, know every info about them, their features, utilization of the Wii U Gamepad, and comparison between the ports, etc. oh most importantly...Miiverse. Don't forget about that one. This could possibly be better than E3, so you lucky! Have fun!

I'm absoutely sure they will.  Says it on my invite :D.  Miiverse will be a tricky one, because it's not the kind of thing that will come across well in that setting.  I'll try my best though, because I think Miiverse is the real key to Nintendo's success.

I actually had a press pass for E3 but decided not to go.  Hopefully this will be twice as big with half of the lines.

If Nintendo doesn't reveal any details about Wii U's online infrastructure, pound away at that topic with the reps there. Having a robust online network is key for them to be able to compete with Sony and M$ for the core gamer crowd as well as enticing the expanded / casual audience to stick with them.

And if nothing is announced about COD officially coming to Wii U yet, then also ask the reps why the hell not.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Whatever you ask them, make sure you get a response that directly answers your question (unless they're not allowed to talk about the subject). Pussy-footing around topics is one of the things I hate most about interviewees.

So don't let them!

Congrats, got some doubts that will hopefully be clarified in the event... if not, you know what to do.

I'm interested in the final unveiling of the OS, how the UI works in conjunction with Wiimote and/or tablet. Will Wiimote support be mandatory or optional for Wii U games? I assume all games will support the Gamepad.

What other apps/channels do they want to offer (news, weather, etc). Will there be third-party apps? And since video-conferencing is an important feature that seems to be built-in the Nintendo Network... will Skype ever be supported? (hard question to give an answer since Microsoft owns Skype)

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

JWeinCom said:
DRAE_nmhar said:

I'm absoutely sure they will.  Says it on my invite :D.  Miiverse will be a tricky one, because it's not the kind of thing that will come across well in that setting.  I'll try my best though, because I think Miiverse is the real key to Nintendo's success.

I actually had a press pass for E3 but decided not to go.  Hopefully this will be twice as big with half of the lines.

Good that you didn't go 'cause if you were there sitting with over thousands of ppl in one place watching the nintendoland fireworks, expecting for some kimd of suprise, but nothng happened but...fireworks..they finished the press con with...fireworks....most awkward atmosphere ever! its was dead silience at that moment. after it was over, you can definintely feel the akwardness and frustraion around everbody. But the hands on time redeemed me big time. looking forward to reading yo stuff in gotgame.com

Wii U Demos in *FPS* View  ;)
http://www.youtube.com/user/PxDxI

** Le me reads that he's going to the reveal event - envy level raises to the moon.

Then reads that he'll have to write impressions, previews and do many other job related things- thinks of Nelson and his "Ha, ha!" **

Don't go mad and try to try every demo out there, since we already know a lot about some of them (NSMBU, Piikmin, ZombieU, P-100, etc) focus on the new ones, if there's any, or the less known ones as that's what we want to know more about.

Also, as many people have said, try to learn more about the OS, which web browser it will it (if any), internal and external storage, cables that it will bring (will it come with an HDMI cable or with a component's one), etc.

And most important of all, try to have fun.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

** Le me reads that he's going to the reveal event - envy level raises to the moon.

Then reads that he'll have to write impressions, previews and do many other job related things- thinks of Nelson and his "Ha, ha!" **

Don't go mad and try to try every demo out there, since we already know a lot about some of them (NSMBU, Piikmin, ZombieU, P-100, etc) focus on the new ones, if there's any, or the less known ones as that's what we want to know more about.

Also, as many people have said, try to learn more about the OS, which web browser it will it (if any), internal and external storage, cables that it will bring (will it come with an HDMI cable or with a component's one), etc.

And most important of all, try to have fun.

Good idea. Get some stuff on Game and Wario, OP. we know little about that.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.