By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Heading to Nintendo's Wii U Launch Event

Try to get as many details about Nintendo's online strategy. I'm really hoping for a PS3/360 type of connectivity (with trophies/achievements too!).

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Try to get as many details about Nintendo's online strategy. I'm really hoping for a PS3/360 type of connectivity (with trophies/achievements too!).

This seems to be what people here are most interested in, so that'll be a focus.

As for the suggestion that I skip the most popular games... sorry but no.  I'll try to hit things like Game and Wario or Panorama View, but I definitely want to check out Zombi U/Rayman/Mario for my own personal amusement ^_^

Find out as much information regarding the gamepad. This is a notable feature Nintendo is differentiating with other consoles, yet we still do not know any clear cut information.
I think it's resistive like 3DS? See how well its latency is when it comes to loading games and apps, and its response in how we interact with it.
Videos I've seen so far is it's tethered, and all we see is Nintendo's push for asymmetrical gameplay.

Also,, E3 showed us a bunch of Miis as a UI. See if you can find if that can be turned off; it's horrible. Find out any launch apps it will come with and how well integrated it is with Wii U's UI.

Graphics is not of great importance to me but if you're well versed in that area, give us your best assessment at the very least its framerate.

I read this the other day that after finishing a level in Rayman Legends, Wii U crashed.

http://gbatemp.net/topic/332785-wii-u-dev-menu-photo/page__view__findpost__p__4352897

Here's the dev Menu. As you can see there is SpotPass setting. I don't want to speculate but that could mean the Wii U gamepad could potentially use a Nintendo Zone.

Quality is subjective since how little we know, despite how prescriptive Nintendo seem to think they are.

The Wii had spotpass functionality, only they didn't actually call it spot pass. They called it connect 24 or w/e. I'll find out whether this feature will be more like that or the 3DS version. My guess would be the latter.