By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Heading to Nintendo's Wii U Launch Event

I was able to snag a press pass to Nintendo's Wii U presentation through the website I write for which I'm natrually very excited about.  Naturally, I'll be covering the big news such as price point, release date, and all that, and I'll have a chance to go hands on with the machine.

I don't know what exactly Nintendo will show off, but is there anything you'd like me to be on the lookout for?  Any burning questions that you'd like me to ask Nintendo reps for you?  Post what you want to know here, and I'll do my best to find out for you. 

Around the Network

If hide or hair of Retro's game emerges, cover everything

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Gotgame.com it's an upstart site that will hopefully grow much bigger :). My name is Justin Weinblatt if you want to keep an eye on my articles. I may try and livetweet the event but I just got twitter and have no idea how it works xD.

I'll definitely report on any new games announced, but i was thinking more in terms of the less obvious things. Any hardware quirks or details about games that have been announced and the sort of thing. Basically I'm trying to be on the lookout for little things, so maybe I'll have something interesting to say that won't be covered on ign and such.

I'd be curious to learn details of the other memory options: cloud storage, external HDDs, and how Nintendo will make that work.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Great, I wonder why Vgchartz doesn't send people to these type of events?

Around the Network

Congrats on your press pass.

I'm sure they'll announce if a game will be included, what the other games in Nintendoland are, etc. But there are two main things I'd like to know:

1. How long are we going to have to wait for Bioshock Infinite and, most importantly, will it feature Wii remote pointer control?

2. How much will a standalone WiiU Gamepad cost?

spurgeonryan said:
With twitter you just text message what you are seeing and it is there. You should put gotgame.com in your sig.

I'll do that.  I didn't know if there were any sort of restrictions regarding that sort of thing.  I'll definitely ask about standalone gamepads date/price if Nintendo isn't forthcoming with that info!

thanks, hope all our answers will be revealed

nero said:
thanks, hope all our answers will be revealed

I think I raised my hopes too far for E3, and was subsequently a bit let down.  This time, I'm keeping it simple.  All I'm hoping for is a price, a realease date, and a confirmation of the launch window titles.  Anything else is just gravy.

Will there be a new wiimote with built in battery or any similar 1 st party solution?
Any more details on applications, smart features, non-gaming features?
What browser is it? Opera again or chrome ?
Will digital games be able to load on multiple devices? Like smb on wiiu and a couple 3ds.

Oh and have fun while providing solid hands on impressions. :)