By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This rampant Wii U hate does not seem logical

maybe because the WiiU didnt show anything promising? i mean nintendo's past 2 E3's were mostly about the WiiU and they sucked, the media tends to pay more attention to these press event and judge by them, and not showing up at GS also didnt help at all. nintendo should have showed much more than they already have it terms of games and info at this time when were so close to launch. we have no release date or launch tittles and seen very little of the gameplay of the games and we barely know any of the specs, its easy to write a doom article when it seems nintendo them selfs have no faith in what there offering (im not saying they do but when you dont release anything for this long it seems like they do)

Around the Network

Like stated earlier, the UPad has more features then your standard tablet for sure, and it has regular old buttons and analogs too. Wii U is not super strong, but it still is stronger then the current generation of consoles, so the potential for what it can do is yet to be seen for another few years.

Hopefully, by December 2013 we get a pretty good idea, and it´s in Nintendo´s interest since supposedly it´s when the next Xbox and/or PS4 will be released.They could use Retro to try and steal some thunder.

I don't think people realize how long Nintendo will truly be in this 'new generation' by themselves for. Sure, being released early did not work for the 360 long-term in terms of marketshare, but it is still a success. The situation is a little different this time but the benefits are still there. 

I expect the next Zelda to truly represent the best that Wii U can do...the concept demo we already have was impressive enough.

In terms of PS4/720 being leagues stronger than Wii U, I still hold to the idea that companies are barely surviving now as we speak. MS dropped a Halo 4 for the 360 when they could have waited for it to launch with their next system. I question that; same thing with Gears 4.

Sony...we all know what is going on with them financially. For substantial R&D and production...I just cannot see them undertaking all of that and selling a $350+ console, while profiting, yet being stronger than Wii U enough to eclipse its strength. Too many square pegs and round holes. Current PC strength represents the limit of what is possible graphically right now.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

jayson1 said:
Theres no Wii U hate. The Wii is for families and kids everyone knows that. The Wii U is I think something they could have just added to Wii. They have a huge installed base. Now Nintendo is asking these people to buy another system for a really cool controller. I just dont think people are going to buy it like the Wii. The Wii was a gamechanger. Im sure Wii u will be also but I just think people will feel burned by Nintendo for the lackluster games they had on Wii. Now to ask them to buy the Wii U is a bit much dont you think. Nintendo didnt haft to do this either but there losing alot of money and need new hardware to generate sales. I think its a mistake. They could have just sold the new controller to the Wii for 150 bucks and made a killing. Maybe it is not possible but we will never know.Good luck Wii U you gonna need it.

Didnt people buy the Wii for the controller?? Couldnt Ninty just added that to the GC?(they were going ot do it)

lilbroex said:
jayson1 said:
Theres no Wii U hate. The Wii is for families and kids everyone knows that. The Wii U is I think something they could have just added to Wii. They have a huge installed base. Now Nintendo is asking these people to buy another system for a really cool controller. I just dont think people are going to buy it like the Wii. The Wii was a gamechanger. Im sure Wii u will be also but I just think people will feel burned by Nintendo for the lackluster games they had on Wii. Now to ask them to buy the Wii U is a bit much dont you think. Nintendo didnt haft to do this either but there losing alot of money and need new hardware to generate sales. I think its a mistake. They could have just sold the new controller to the Wii for 150 bucks and made a killing. Maybe it is not possible but we will never know.Good luck Wii U you gonna need it.

There is all around Wii hate.When people specifically ignore good news, throw full support behind negative and only negative rumors and purposley alter the wording and intentions of devs who talk about the system, that is hatred.

The Wii was for everyone like every Nintendo console before it. Normal gamers, harcore gamers, children and all else.The only thing the Wii wasn't for was people who obsessed over a "realistic" graphics.

what if you were a fighting fan? WRPGs? FPSs? what about those?

lilbroex said:

I've releaized something with all of this intentional focus on negative things about the Wii U and Nintendo from the gaming media and what not.

Where are the voices of the gamers? No one is asking the gamers what they think about the Wii U. Its all feels like biased propaganda when you analyze it. The general word from peopl who aren't Sony or Microsoft fans(not that is not to say they are Nintendo fans) is that they are looking foward to it and expecting good things. From what ive heard and seen the general reaction from those people is "i dont care" 

You don't even see hope for good things from the gaming media these days. It is as if they want the worst of the system. They want it not to succeed. Can someone explian this too me? Am I the only one seeing this?

It is as if any and all news, even good, is twisted to disparage the console. When you think about it from and open and none biased standpoint, it is almost unreal. Its like a competition with no purpose.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
lilbroex said:
jayson1 said:

There is all around Wii hate.When people specifically ignore good news, throw full support behind negative and only negative rumors and purposley alter the wording and intentions of devs who talk about the system, that is hatred.

The Wii was for everyone like every Nintendo console before it. Normal gamers, harcore gamers, children and all else.The only thing the Wii wasn't for was people who obsessed over a "realistic" graphics.

They were there.

WRPG(A genre  I find ridiculous just like JRPG)- Overlord, Alien Syndrome, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 1,2 etc

FPS- The Conduit 1,2, Call of Duties, All of the REsident Evil games, etc

Vs fighters- Tatsunoku Vs Capcom, Guilty Gear,  Castlevania Judgement, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, etc

Plus there were all of the games from the Gamecube games like like Gladius, Geist, etc

It was all there if you wanted.

lilbroex said:
oniyide said:
lilbroex said:
jayson1 said:

They were there.

WRPG(A genre  I find ridiculous just like JRPG)- Overlord, Alien Syndrome, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 1,2 etc

Vs fighters- Tatsunoku Vs Capcom, Guilty Gear,  Castlevania Judgement, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, etc

Plus there were all of the games from the Gamecube games like like Gladius, Geist, etc

all those WRPGs are actually dungeon crawlers, where were the Fallouts, Skyrims, Oblivions?

FPS those CODs ran like crap, RE is not an FPS, actually FPS did aight on the WIi there just should have been more

half those games you mentioned were ports, Castlevania was terrible, where were the Tekkens, Soul Caliburs, Street Fighters, Marvel vs. Capcoms, Dead or alives, etc.?

Honestly the hate for the Wii U pales in comparison to the Hate for Vita, so I barely notice it.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

All new and upcoming consoles deserves their due share of hate, that's just the way it is now. Look past the hate, the wii u will be fine.......maybe.

oniyide said:
lilbroex said:
oniyide said:
lilbroex said:
jayson1 said:

They were there.

all those WRPGs are actually dungeon crawlers, where were the Fallouts, Skyrims, Oblivions?

FPS those CODs ran like crap, RE is not an FPS, actually FPS did aight on the WIi there just should have been more

half those games you mentioned were ports, Castlevania was terrible, where were the Tekkens, Soul Caliburs, Street Fighters, Marvel vs. Capcoms, Dead or alives, etc.?

You asked for genre and now you are flipping it to brand names. They were where the games devs wanted them to be.

How does that effect the fact that Nintendo made the Wii with the intention of appealing to everyone in mind?