By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This rampant Wii U hate does not seem logical

I've releaized something with all of this intentional focus on negative things about the Wii U and Nintendo from the gaming media and what not.

Where are the voices of the gamers? No one is asking the gamers what they think about the Wii U. Its all feels like biased propaganda when you analyze it. The general word from peopl who aren't Sony or Microsoft fans(not that is not to say they are Nintendo fans) is that they are looking foward to it and expecting good things.

You don't even see hope for good things from the gaming media these days. It is as if they want the worst of the system. They want it not to succeed. Can someone explian this too me? Am I the only one seeing this?

It is as if any and all news, even good, is twisted to disparage the console. When you think about it from and open and none biased standpoint, it is almost unreal. Its like a competition with no purpose.

Around the Network

The general media indeed seems to have a grudge with Nintendo.

Anyhow I've seen just as much hate if not more from gamers.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

BasilZero said:

Maybe dont look/read the articles that bother you?

Looking forward to the Wii-U but not gonna buy it at launch, probably 2-3 years after it comes out. The last two generations I bought my Nintendo systems right after SSB came out , so will probably do that, although that depends on the above statement as well, SSB could come out a year after the release of the Wii-U, might buy it at that time.

As for some of the comments about ports, some people would rather wait while others would just find a cheaper alternative (PC or a system they have that will have the game since its better to buy that than a whole new system just for that one or two games).

I know for example that graphics and a few gameplay tweaks to the controls wont motivate a lot of people to buy the Wii-U version, it all comes down to price and availability of what system each person owns and prefers.

And you, sir, have competely missed the point, the problem and the purpose.

BasilZero said:
lilbroex said:
BasilZero said:

Maybe dont look/read the articles that bother you?

Looking forward to the Wii-U but not gonna buy it at launch, probably 2-3 years after it comes out. The last two generations I bought my Nintendo systems right after SSB came out , so will probably do that, although that depends on the above statement as well, SSB could come out a year after the release of the Wii-U, might buy it at that time.

As for some of the comments about ports, some people would rather wait while others would just find a cheaper alternative (PC or a system they have that will have the game since its better to buy that than a whole new system just for that one or two games).

I know for example that graphics and a few gameplay tweaks to the controls wont motivate a lot of people to buy the Wii-U version, it all comes down to price and availability of what system each person owns and prefers.

And you, sir, have competely missed the point, the problem and the purpose.

You asked for the gamer's opinion and you pretty much got the majority of it unless you want me to quote the Media and piss you off even more?

Wouldn't I have to be pissed off to be pissed of more?

You missed the point of everything I said and what I asked. I pointed that out. Nothing more.

What you addressed is not the problem and what you said is no solution to it.

BasilZero said:
lilbroex said:
BasilZero said:

You asked for the gamer's opinion and you pretty much got the majority of it unless you want me to quote the Media and piss you off even more?

You missed the point of everything I said in what I asked. I point that out. Not much more to it.

You mean the hoping for good things from the media instead of the negative articles of the Wii-U? Friend, you be asking for too much from the Media.

Not it at all. Not even 1%.

Please reread the first post.

Around the Network

When has hate ever been logical?

BasilZero said:
lilbroex said:
BasilZero said:
lilbroex said:
BasilZero said:

You missed the point of everything I said in what I asked. I point that out. Not much more to it.

You mean the hoping for good things from the media instead of the negative articles of the Wii-U? Friend, you be asking for too much from the Media.

Not it at all. Not even 1%.

Please reread the first post.

Check my edit above.

Still completely off.

The main thing I was asking it why there is no voice from gamers.

cusman said:

When has hate ever been logical?

I was just about the post something similar. You beat me to the punch.

BasilZero said:

Voice of discontent from the negative articles? Probably because they dont care (or the ones who did voice their discontent are low in number), the fans of the developer/producer will still buy the system no matter what the articles say. Its not a matter of if they'll buy it, but when.

Thats still not quite what I was talking about.

The media seems to be hating on the system at their own peril. Just look at the Eurogamer incident. Its like they are willing to take a loss in order to disparage the Wii U. It is as if they have some personal hatred of Nintendo and an emotional investment in it. This seems beyond reason.

They have given up integrity in such a 1 sided way. Its like they get pleasure from hearing bad things about Nintendo when you read some of these editorials and articles.

Nintendo does not really diverge information to the media. As a result they have to fill-in the blanks when reporting on what the company is doing.

Unfortunately, what grabs the most attention are articles painted in a negative light. Good news does not really bring in the customers, unless it is a megaton (in the case of gaming.)

Other cases though I cannot explain. Some appear to just hate for hating's sake. There are gamers who used to be fans of Nintendo, but the product no longer serves them. With the Wii generation this was more obvious then ever in Nintendo's history (even worse then Gamecube I'm afraid). Gaming media is geared towards the 13- 40 year old male crowd, and outside of 1st party titles, only about 5 Wii games appealed to them, and they were severely behind graphically as well as lacking in the online component. All the other test game attempts were bastard versions of popular franchises.

The hate comes from disappointment, but ironically, not because of what Nintendo has done most of the time.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."