By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This rampant Wii U hate does not seem logical

Nintendo just can't do anything right in their eyes...

This comic is a perfect example, except with journalists instead of devs... Honestly I think videogame journalists just seem to side with developers... I think they also seem to want exactly what they want and are very picky. Not to mention they want to predict the next _logical_ step and have it fulfilled... They don't like to be surprised with awesome things, they think they know what they want, which they don't, in reality... Which also doesn't sound like it makes much sense... <.<

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=110957

Also, most vgj seem to have the whole "masculine" game complex thing going on... Nintendo is too "cute" for them... They are about 25 - 40 and expected Nintendo to "mature" with them...

Around the Network

The enthusiast press really loathes Nintendo. During the Wii years, it was pretty bad; especially during those times when Wii was selling insane numbers. With Wii U, I can understand folks being skeptical because Nintendo hasn't revealed very much yet. But it'll be interesting how they react once Nintendo announces the date, price, and several games.

DanneSandin said:
Weird thing is though, that the media have no problems giving Nintendo games high scores! Mario Galaxy 1&2 got really nice reviews, as did Zelda SS... Howcome?

Any Way, I think that the whole media reports surrounding the gaming business has turned in to something more like a gossip tabloid!

I think that's because the "gaming journalist" can't deny those games are fantastic, even if they are Sony or MS fans. The problem of this gaming media seems to be more about the hardware rather than the software. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Mnementh said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Recently, the French press has been really enthusiastic for Rayman Legends and Zombi U, so there's no biaised opinion here I think.

Hmm, french gaming press is enthusiastic for games from a french publisher? Yeah, I can see no biased opinion here.

I mean there's no bias AGAINST WiiU. But yes they are being chauvinistic.

ryuzaki57 said:
Mnementh said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Recently, the French press has been really enthusiastic for Rayman Legends and Zombi U, so there's no biaised opinion here I think.

Hmm, french gaming press is enthusiastic for games from a french publisher? Yeah, I can see no biased opinion here.

I mean there's no bias AGAINST WiiU. But yes they are being chauvinistic.

This doesn't make any sense.

Around the Network

Personally lilbroex I could careless about the hate, it only makes me smile. Its how I know the WiiU will when this Gen like last gen lol. Its looking to have 3rd party support and first party support, plenty of games and plenty of sales.

I asked people why they hated the Wii U...

I meant "win" instead of "when" lol.

It's not like Nintendo is making this easy. Being so secretive generates a lot of speculation, positive or negative.
If they choose to play this game, it will be with any positive or negative reaction.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

chocoloco said

I have not been paying attention to any of the media's outlooks on the Wii U you describe so I cannot talk of that outlook other than say I believee it will be a fair picture  of the people running the particular articles. A fair critique seems better than just trying to avoid annoying people and  just saying mostly complimentary things. As well, I do believe this site has a conspiracy theory gone wrong on the media. It is not a single minded animal with an agenda. Objectivity is a hard thing to create, if it is even possible, so I do not see the trouble. The trouble is trying to push off opinions you do not like and not being open minded that more than one company can and does create greatness and failures.

No, the trouble is some of the media deliberately spinning negativity for their own agenda; whether that be so that they can get more hits to their websites/articles (in the case of Eurogamer) or because they show bias against Nintendo (in the case of Pachter).  I never said every reporter/writer made the media "a single minded animal with an agenda", but rather, that there is some blame to go around regarding this as per the examples I gave, which you weren't even familiar with.  

Again, you're confusing fanboys who are not open minded about criticism with people like me who believe the positives should be acknowledged along with the negatives.  Big difference.