By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How Xbox Live is blatantly better than PSN

DirtyP2002 said:
The funny part is that the sony fans are the ones bein pissed that XBL is not free, while XBL users have no problem with it.

The funny part is that most  fans of either networks yourself included have let the entire Op float over their heads and couldn't resist posting why x is better than y, which is exactly what makes the article so amusing.

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
The funny part is that the sony fans are the ones bein pissed that XBL is not free, while XBL users have no problem with it.

killerX said:

although i do enjoy xbox live, and i do think its every bit as good as psn, i still think it should be free. but i pay the fee because i pretty much have to in order to play the games i already bought. its a great service, but it should be free,

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

JazzyJeez said:
DirtyP2002 said:

The funny part is that most  fans of either networks yourself included have let the entire Op float over their heads and couldn't resist posting why x is better than y, which is exactly what makes the article so amusing.

That my friend is the basic of every discussion. Arguing about opinions. I still think XBL is the best service out there, if you think another service is better, we can discuss that.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Chark said:
DirtyP2002 said:

killerX said:

although i do enjoy xbox live, and i do think its every bit as good as psn, i still think it should be free. but i pay the fee because i pretty much have to in order to play the games i already bought. its a great service, but it should be free,

cool you found one. Gratz!

My point still stands for 95% of the users.

killerzX said:
Mr Puggsly said:
killerzX said:
Mr Puggsly said:
KylieDog said:

Only Xbox Live SIlver should be compared to PSN. XBL Gold should be compared to PS Plus.

Free service vs free service. Premium service vs premium service.

OP isn't funny.

I wouldn't even compare them at all. If the 360 has exclusive content you really enjoy, it makes sense to pay for Live.

As long as the 360 has content not found on PS3, you can't say their services are the same.

I mean c'mon people, you're complaining about something that doesn't even cost 20 cents a day.

i digress, if we go by that logic (the bolded) then cars a really cheap too, i mean they cost less than a dollar a day!! and houses cost less than a netlix subscribtion!!!

I would like it to be free, but I don't think it SHOULD be free. Instead, MS should do what they want. People who have a problem with paying for online services on a console should get a competitors hardware and stop complaining. Nobody forces you to pay their fees or buy games or even buy the hardware. You are a consumer with options and apparently chose Xbox.

I don't understand your second paragraph. Cost of cars and houses can vary. They can also very expensive maintenance fees. Perhaps you should elaborate.

for example if you buy a $5000-6000 car and own it for 15 years... look it only cost a dollar a day!

but nobody i seriously going to tell you cars are cheap. $60 a year is nothing to scouf at. its a good bit of money and it adds up.

Lets say someone spends $80 a month on gas. Which is actually less than the average person spends. That's still $960 a year. 8 years of Xbox Live is significantly cheaper than 1 year of gas. And that fact a lone makes your car analogy bad.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
Chark said:
DirtyP2002 said:

killerX said:

If you are in any denial that most people who use XBL Gold gladly pay for it, let me tell you are wrong straight away.

You are a rare group. Most people who pay for it don't like that fact, especially from my experience most people who pay for XBL just do it to unlock the online component. Otherwise they wouldn't care to subscribe.

The reason why it seems that most XBL "users" don't have a problem with it is because this site doesn't have many of them. The ones who are here are not the usual gamers at all. Either that or they don't understand what people mean when the others say that they don't find it worth $60.

Ultimately Xbox is popular in US where CoD is popular as well. And other online titles like battlefield and halo, and for all of these you need an online subscription, no wonder such a huge portion of the xbox community has those subscriptions. Those are the games for which the console is primarily purchased for.

mantlepiecek said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Chark said:
DirtyP2002 said:

killerX said:

If you are in any denial that most people who use XBL Gold gladly pay for it, let me tell you are wrong straight away.

You are a rare group. Most people who pay for it don't like that fact, especially from my experience most people who pay for XBL just do it to unlock the online component. Otherwise they wouldn't care to subscribe.

The reason why it seems that most XBL "users" don't have a problem with it is because this site doesn't have many of them. The ones who are here are not the usual gamers at all. Either that or they don't understand what people mean when the others say that they don't find it worth $60.

Ultimately Xbox is popular in US where CoD is popular as well. And other online titles like battlefield and halo, and for all of these you need an online subscription, no wonder such a huge portion of the xbox community has those subscriptions. Those are the games for which the console is primarily purchased for.

Those are the games both consoles are purchased for, not just the 360. So if this would really be an issue for most gamers, they would buy the other console and the software for the other console. Yet, these titles sell better on Xbox 360.

My point is that the 360 sells extraordinary well in the countries, where online multiplayer gaming is big and it sells less in countries where singleplayer games still dominate. That makes zero sense if paying for XBL is an issue for the consumers.

DirtyP2002 said:

i have i problem with it, i hate that i have to pay it to play my games. but i do it anyway.

you seem overly sensitive, no one is claiming xbl lacks quality, but simply that it should be free, especially since there are are other services that offer the exact same thing for FREE.

DirtyP2002 said:

No.

It's one of the reasons I'm considering selling my Xbox right now, not that I need to save money, I'm just not paying for something that I don't think is worth it. I would just keep it and not pay for Xbox Live but it locks me out of certain features, most importantly leaderboards.

DirtyP2002 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Chark said:
DirtyP2002 said:

killerX said:

I prove you wrong. http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/06/xbox-by-the-numbers-20m-xbox-live-users-10m-nongaming-39m-xbo/

Your 95% just droped to 50% oooops. This is 2010 ofc, but its well representative of the proportion.

Next gen im just goin all the way and ditching microsoft altogether for Sony or Nintendo because of this. I am sick of having online gaming blocked when its not worth what its beeing asked.

Also for the people saying its only 20 cents a day, feel free to msg me and offer me those 20cents a day since its obviously of no importance to you, but for me its good enough to buy a brand new game by christmas.

Serisouly, some people seem to enjoy having their wallet raped for no reason.