By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How Xbox Live is blatantly better than PSN

I'm going to have a laugh when sony introduces paid online gaming nextgen (sonyfans rageee)

+ insert sony fan comment that it'll never happen and I anounce bullshit :D

Around the Network
Nem said:

I prove you wrong. http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/06/xbox-by-the-numbers-20m-xbox-live-users-10m-nongaming-39m-xbo

Your 95% just droped to 50% oooops. This is 2010 ofc, but its well representative of the proportion.

Next gen im just goin all the way and ditching microsoft altogether for Sony or Nintendo because of this. I am sick of having online gaming blocked when its not worth what its beeing asked.

Also for the people saying its only 20 cents a day, feel free to msg me and offer me those 20cents a day since its obviously of no importance to you, but for me its good enough to buy a brand new game by christmas.

Serisouly, some people seem to enjoy having their wallet raped for no reason.

Even if online gaming on Xbox was free that doesn't mean everyone would suddenly start playing games online. Are more people playing games online on PS3 because its free? It appears the answer is no.

Funny when a Sony fan argues $60 is a wallet raping. If Sony wasn't trying to rape wallets the PS3 and Vita would have had successful launches.

There are many of us that can afford to have Live Gold and new games. Fortunately you do have options. If you don't like what MS does, Sony will gladly take any money you'll give them. Nobody is forcing Xbox on you, so quit worrying about it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

maximrace said:
I'm going to have a laugh when sony introduces paid online gaming nextgen (sonyfans rageee)

+ insert sony fan comment that it'll never happen and I anounce bullshit :D

If online gaming becomes a pay service on Sony platforms, the fans will simply argue why its a better service than Live.

Although, I doubt it'll become a pay service on PS4. Sony is reeling right now. PS3 was a massive disaster and allowed Xbox to thrive. Vita is doing horrible and I can't see that changing without a significant price cut. This is no time to introduce fees for online gaming. But its clear they would like to that given how successful Live is.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

#1 was funny ill admit

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DirtyP2002 said:
mantlepiecek said:

If you are in any denial that most people who use XBL Gold gladly pay for it, let me tell you are wrong straight away.

You are a rare group. Most people who pay for it don't like that fact, especially from my experience most people who pay for XBL just do it to unlock the online component. Otherwise they wouldn't care to subscribe.

The reason why it seems that most XBL "users" don't have a problem with it is because this site doesn't have many of them. The ones who are here are not the usual gamers at all. Either that or they don't understand what people mean when the others say that they don't find it worth $60.

Ultimately Xbox is popular in US where CoD is popular as well. And other online titles like battlefield and halo, and for all of these you need an online subscription, no wonder such a huge portion of the xbox community has those subscriptions. Those are the games for which the console is primarily purchased for.

Those are the games both consoles are purchased for, not just the 360. So if this would really be an issue for most gamers, they would buy the other console and the software for the other console. Yet, these titles sell better on Xbox 360.

My point is that the 360 sells extraordinary well in the countries, where online multiplayer gaming is big and it sells less in countries where singleplayer games still dominate. That makes zero sense if paying for XBL is an issue for the consumers.

Friends list obviously. A lot of people have that aspect to consider.

And then xbox 360 has had it's fair share of online exclusives like gears of war, halo, etc. If someone bought an xbox 360 he would pretty much need to get gold to play all those games.

I am not sure how PSN comes into the argument though. Not a single other platform charges for online gameplay.

Again, halo, gears of war, left 4 dead, all of them kind of exclusive and even without L4D, that's two popular online games we are talking about that PS3 doesn't have.

Consumers just pay for it because they have no other choice if they want to play halo with their friends. And ultimately it's not like super expensive, is it?

It's just that it doesn't automatically make XBL the best service and doesn't prove that people enjoy paying for it.

For eg if I wanted to play halo 4 mp, I would need to get Gold. Depending upon how much I feel like playing it, I will probably get the Gold account even if it costs $50 or whatever after finding it for cheap. There really is no other way.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Psyberius said:
Slimebeast said:

Was it really Jim Sterling who wrote that article? Isn't he supposed to be a quality gaming journalist?

So cheap with all that foul language and grotesque metaphors. Such a primitive and juvenile attempt at sarcasm.

SEN-SA-TIVE.

It rooled thnx?  If u canut handle teh humors perhaps u shuld not read de humorz.  kthnx.

pokoko said:

I think you missed where that one guy started all of this by presenting "XBLA > every online-game-service on the market" as a fact, despite being told many times that "best" is a relative thing.

For example, when he asserted that LIVE having "more and better apps" was one of the reasons why it's worth the cost.  My desktop computer is ten steps away from my bed and my laptop is always hooked up to my television.  A gaming console having apps is one of the most meaningless things in the world to me.  That guy is never going to get that value is a relative thing.  If you're going to call out anyone for preaching that one service is absolutely superior, shouldn't he be one of your primary targets?

Yes, tell that to netflix that rocks about 2 kajillion xbox owners on any tv in their house.  Didn't computer purist thinking go out with y2k?

I literally have no idea what you're talking about and you seem to have no idea what I'm talking about.  Computer purist?  Wha ..?  Seriously, what are you talking about?

Computer purist meaning someone who thinks his computer is going to do it all or even NECESSARY to do it all.  I used to be the same way as you are until I opened up my mind to see how much I was constricting my choices.  Netflix on the xbox is a MASSIVE success because it's simple, takes advantage of existing hardware and doesn't require plugging a pc into whatever tv you have in the house.  The point?  The apps on XBL rock for many many many people.

Now that I have an xbox at every tv(5), a kickass media center with 8 tb of movies/music and netfix, i'm no longer wandering around my house with a laptop to plug into a tv in order to watch or listen to something.  Perhaps you only have 1 tv and a small house but between streaming to xboxes and having a ps3/wii set up in my games room, I really find less and less time needing a pc at all other than to download more movies and music to stream to the xboxes.  Best of all, my gf, myself and my 2 kids can all be watching or doing something different and it doesn't involve someone wasting time screwing around with a keyboard.

Psyberius said:
pokoko said:
Psyberius said:
Slimebeast said:

Was it really Jim Sterling who wrote that article? Isn't he supposed to be a quality gaming journalist?

So cheap with all that foul language and grotesque metaphors. Such a primitive and juvenile attempt at sarcasm.

SEN-SA-TIVE.

It rooled thnx?  If u canut handle teh humors perhaps u shuld not read de humorz.  kthnx.

pokoko said:

I think you missed where that one guy started all of this by presenting "XBLA > every online-game-service on the market" as a fact, despite being told many times that "best" is a relative thing.

For example, when he asserted that LIVE having "more and better apps" was one of the reasons why it's worth the cost.  My desktop computer is ten steps away from my bed and my laptop is always hooked up to my television.  A gaming console having apps is one of the most meaningless things in the world to me.  That guy is never going to get that value is a relative thing.  If you're going to call out anyone for preaching that one service is absolutely superior, shouldn't he be one of your primary targets?

Yes, tell that to netflix that rocks about 2 kajillion xbox owners on any tv in their house.  Didn't computer purist thinking go out with y2k?

I literally have no idea what you're talking about and you seem to have no idea what I'm talking about.  Computer purist?  Wha ..?  Seriously, what are you talking about?

Computer purist meaning someone who thinks his computer is going to do it all or even NECESSARY to do it all.  I used to be the same way as you are until I opened up my mind to see how much I was constricting my choices.  Netflix on the xbox is a MASSIVE success because it's simple, takes advantage of existing hardware and doesn't require plugging a pc into whatever tv you have in the house.  The point?  The apps on XBL rock for many many many people.

Now that I have an xbox at every tv(5), a kickass media center with 8 tb of movies/music and netfix, i'm no longer wandering around my house with a laptop to plug into a tv in order to watch or listen to something.  Perhaps you only have 1 tv and a small house but between streaming to xboxes and having a ps3/wii set up in my games room, I really find less and less time needing a pc at all other than to download more movies and music to stream to the xboxes.  Best of all, my gf, myself and my 2 kids can all be watching or doing something different and it doesn't involve someone wasting time screwing around with a keyboard.

See, I don't even know what you're talking about again.  Are you mixing up conversations?  A small house?  Where did you even get that from?  Perhaps 3 bedrooms is small, but damn if I care, it's bought and paid for.  Why are you making up things about someone else's life, anyway?  It's creepy, and it gives me a headache trying to understand why you would do it in the first place.

You want five xbox 360s?  Go ahead, knock yourself out.  Good for you.  It has nothing to do with me, though, you know?  You have billions of movies?  Awesome.  Me, I've got three computers in three different rooms, one of which is always hooked up to a television.  The other television is hooked up to a set-top box which I rarely use.  Why the hell we're sharing this information, though, I have no idea.  I also have 2 cars, 3 house plants, and a picture of Audrey Hepburn.

If you think hooking a PC up to a TV is some kind of major, difficult undertaking, then I don't know what to tell you.  Stick with using consoles, that's fine with me.  All I'm saying is that I PERSONALLY prefer using a computer to using consoles or set-top boxes when it comes to the internet.  I PERSONALLY find it faster and more convenient.  Do you see, now?  That's what I like, and I have every bit as much right to like that as you do with all your gaming consoles.  Computer purist?  OK, if you want to call it that.  Wouldn't that make you a console purist, then?

My entire point was that the value of all the apps and extras that come on a console is relative.  I don't need them and wouldn't care if they vanished tomorrow.  I buy gaming consoles to play games on.   "It has better and more apps," to me, is a meaningless criteria, and assuming absolute value is foolish.  What is "best" depends on the person using it.

I never thought I would have to explain this so carefully when I first wrote it.  It seemed like a pretty obvious position.  Live and learn, I suppose.

Mr Puggsly said:
Nem said:

I prove you wrong. http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/06/xbox-by-the-numbers-20m-xbox-live-users-10m-nongaming-39m-xbo

Your 95% just droped to 50% oooops. This is 2010 ofc, but its well representative of the proportion.

Next gen im just goin all the way and ditching microsoft altogether for Sony or Nintendo because of this. I am sick of having online gaming blocked when its not worth what its beeing asked.

Also for the people saying its only 20 cents a day, feel free to msg me and offer me those 20cents a day since its obviously of no importance to you, but for me its good enough to buy a brand new game by christmas.

Even if online gaming on Xbox was free that doesn't mean everyone would suddenly start playing games online. Are more people playing games online on PS3 because its free? It appears the answer is no.

Funny when a Sony fan argues $60 is a wallet raping. If Sony wasn't trying to rape wallets the PS3 and Vita would have had successful launches.

There are many of us that can afford to have Live Gold and new games. Fortunately you do have options. If you don't like what MS does, Sony will gladly take any money you'll give them. Nobody is forcing Xbox on you, so quit worrying about it.

I prove you wrong aswell: http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/4418.html

85% Of PS3 Owners Online, Compared To 60% Of 360 Owners

That article gives xbox 10% more than the other one, but still nowhere near the numbers the PSN pulls.

You cant really call me a Sony fanboy but more of a microsoft hater if you want to be accurate. I hate when someone is constantly trying to rob me, its only natural i develop some dislike to that entity. And to be honest... i'd rather console raping at the start than over the years. You, have most certainly paid more for your system + online gaming by now than many PS3 gamers payed for the console and online gaming.

This is somewhat amusing cause you seem to enjoy and not care that you're wallet is rapped. Its very funny and well... sad i suppose.

Nem said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Nem said:

I prove you wrong aswell: http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/4418.html

85% Of PS3 Owners Online, Compared To 60% Of 360 Owners

That article gives xbox 10% more than the other one, but still nowhere near the numbers the PSN pulls.

You cant really call me a Sony fanboy but more of a microsoft hater if you want to be accurate. I hate when someone is constantly trying to rob me, its only natural i develop some dislike to that entity. And to be honest... i'd rather console raping at the start than over the years. You, have most certainly paid more for your system + online gaming by now than many PS3 gamers payed for the console and online gaming.

This is somewhat amusing cause you seem to enjoy and not care that you're wallet is rapped. Its very funny and well... sad i suppose.

You didn't prove me wrong. This article simply says PS3 has a higher percentage of consoles connected to the web. It doesn't say more people are actually playing online games.

Furthermore, this article is old as shit. I assume the PS3 userbase was about 20 million in 2009. More recent articles have PS3 percentages lower and 360 percentages higher.

MS isn't robbing you. Live has been a pay service even before the 360 launched.

If someone just wants to play multiplat games online like CoD, Battlefield, etc... I would suggest playing them on a PS3. But if you're one of the millions and millions of people that enjoy playing Halo, Gears, other 360 exclusive content, and perhaps the multiplat games then the modest Live fees are worth paying.

PSN may be free, but it simply doesn't offer the games I personally enjoy playing. I rather pay Live fees than settle with crap I don't enjoy on PS3. The only thing that's is sad is you. Your life and wallet must be empty if subscriptions to Live Gold makes you sad.

Recently Completed

the2real4mafol said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
the2real4mafol said:
naruball said:
the2real4mafol said:
paying for xbox live DOES NOT make it better. it's just plain stupid you have to pay for xbox live to access services that are FREE elseway like youtube, netflix etc.

it may be better organised but that is the system not xbox live

no other REAL arguments here, this guy is a moron, so xbox live is better because it's american? seriously??
here's an idiot, basically saying japan are communist!! wtf?

xbox live is good for it's cheap games and features and so is the PSN

Please tell me you're kidding

this is how i saw the arcticle, what did i say that made you think that? 

he was acting like a damn patriot saying america is the ONLY democracy and that anything american is just better because it is american. damn fool, that's not always right 

Just so you know, he (as in the writer of this article) was joking. Neither that part, nor any other was serious.

i didn't notice he was joking, i don't read his stuff, so i don't know what he's like. 

uhum.. in my opinion it was very obvious the writer was joking even though I don't know that guy (and I'm not even a native english speaker)

it can't hurt to be a bit more relaxed