By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How Xbox Live is blatantly better than PSN

@NEM you are talking about accounts vs unique users and the article is 3 years and 7 months old. I don't know anybody who doesn't have at least 2 accounts. Heck, I have a PSN account and I don't even own a PS3, PSP or a Vita.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
the2real4mafol said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
the2real4mafol said:
naruball said:
the2real4mafol said:
paying for xbox live DOES NOT make it better. it's just plain stupid you have to pay for xbox live to access services that are FREE elseway like youtube, netflix etc.

it may be better organised but that is the system not xbox live

no other REAL arguments here, this guy is a moron, so xbox live is better because it's american? seriously??
here's an idiot, basically saying japan are communist!! wtf?

xbox live is good for it's cheap games and features and so is the PSN

Please tell me you're kidding

this is how i saw the arcticle, what did i say that made you think that? 

he was acting like a damn patriot saying america is the ONLY democracy and that anything american is just better because it is american. damn fool, that's not always right 

Just so you know, he (as in the writer of this article) was joking. Neither that part, nor any other was serious.

i didn't notice he was joking, i don't read his stuff, so i don't know what he's like. 

uhum.. in my opinion it was very obvious the writer was joking even though I don't know that guy (and I'm not even a native english speaker)

it can't hurt to be a bit more relaxed

To be honest i didn't read the whole thing, i just read parts of it, that's why. i'm NOT a stressed out person like you would think

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

That was really funny! :D

"Also, you have to wonder -- without ads, how is Sony paying to keep its service running? Drugs."
"Xbox Live stands for freedom, a strong work ethic, democracy, God, eagles, Obama, and justice. Meanwhile, PSN is not American, and as such does not stand for freedom or any of the other things I can't be bothered to type out again. Also, it's probably racist a little bit."

:D

Mr Puggsly said:
Nem said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Nem said:

I prove you wrong. http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/06/xbox-by-the-numbers-20m-xbox-live-users-10m-nongaming-39m-xbo

Your 95% just droped to 50% oooops. This is 2010 ofc, but its well representative of the proportion.

Next gen im just goin all the way and ditching microsoft altogether for Sony or Nintendo because of this. I am sick of having online gaming blocked when its not worth what its beeing asked.

Also for the people saying its only 20 cents a day, feel free to msg me and offer me those 20cents a day since its obviously of no importance to you, but for me its good enough to buy a brand new game by christmas.

Serisouly, some people seem to enjoy having their wallet raped for no reason.

Even if online gaming on Xbox was free that doesn't mean everyone would suddenly start playing games online. Are more people playing games online on PS3 because its free? It appears the answer is no.

Funny when a Sony fan argues $60 is a wallet raping. If Sony wasn't trying to rape wallets the PS3 and Vita would have had successful launches.

There are many of us that can afford to have Live Gold and new games. Fortunately you do have options. If you don't like what MS does, Sony will gladly take any money you'll give them. Nobody is forcing Xbox on you, so quit worrying about it.

I prove you wrong aswell: http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/4418.html

85% Of PS3 Owners Online, Compared To 60% Of 360 Owners

That article gives xbox 10% more than the other one, but still nowhere near the numbers the PSN pulls.

You cant really call me a Sony fanboy but more of a microsoft hater if you want to be accurate. I hate when someone is constantly trying to rob me, its only natural i develop some dislike to that entity. And to be honest... i'd rather console raping at the start than over the years. You, have most certainly paid more for your system + online gaming by now than many PS3 gamers payed for the console and online gaming.

This is somewhat amusing cause you seem to enjoy and not care that you're wallet is rapped. Its very funny and well... sad i suppose.

You didn't prove me wrong. This article simply says PS3 has a higher percentage of consoles connected to the web. It doesn't say more people are actually playing online games.

Furthermore, this article is old as shit. I assume the PS3 userbase was about 20 million in 2009. More recent articles have PS3 percentages lower and 360 percentages higher.

MS isn't robbing you. Live has been a pay service even before the 360 launched.

If someone just wants to play multiplat games online like CoD, Battlefield, etc... I would suggest playing them on a PS3. But if you're one of the millions and millions of people that enjoy playing Halo, Gears, other 360 exclusive content, and perhaps the multiplat games then the modest Live fees are worth paying.

PSN may be free, but it simply doesn't offer the games I personally enjoy playing. I rather pay Live fees than settle with crap I don't enjoy on PS3. The only thing that's is sad is you. Your life and wallet must be empty if subscriptions to Live Gold makes you sad.

I kind of did, since you brought forward no proof of otherwise.

No, microsoft isnt robbing me cause i dont let them. 360 exclusive content is also a disgusting practice that i will not support. Basically, you're telling me you just like Halo and Gears and thats why you like Xbox live. I can understand liking the games, but i dont understand why you like paying for online gaming because of that.

I know you have trouble accepting this as you already chose to shove it in the back of your mind, but the server costs for online gaming are minimal and they will be shut down after a few years. At that point the game you bought at full price now only has half its functionality despite you having payed a monthly to play it on top of the box cost. The costs are in the box sales. The online play fee is taking advantage of you. But, as i say, some people dont care about beeing taken advatage of. Waste your money away all you want, i dont really care, but i will keep saying you're beeing taken advantage of, because you are.

@DirtyP2002 The fact that the article is older actually gives a more accurate picture because there were less accounts created by then. I'm extrapolating similar numbers to nowadays, but i really found no conclusive article. For the record though, i created 2 Xbox live accounts aswell. Both silver ofc.

Nem said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You didn't prove me wrong. This article simply says PS3 has a higher percentage of consoles connected to the web. It doesn't say more people are actually playing online games.

Furthermore, this article is old as shit. I assume the PS3 userbase was about 20 million in 2009. More recent articles have PS3 percentages lower and 360 percentages higher.

If someone just wants to play multiplat games online like CoD, Battlefield, etc... I would suggest playing them on a PS3. But if you're one of the millions and millions of people that enjoy playing Halo, Gears, other 360 exclusive content, and perhaps the multiplat games then the modest Live fees are worth paying.

PSN may be free, but it simply doesn't offer the games I personally enjoy playing. I rather pay Live fees than settle with crap I don't enjoy on PS3. The only thing that's is sad is you. Your life and wallet must be empty if subscriptions to Live Gold makes you sad.

No, microsoft isnt robbing me cause i dont let them. 360 exclusive content is also a disgusting practice that i will not support. Basically, you're telling me you just like Halo and Gears and thats why you like Xbox live. I can understand liking the games, but i dont understand why you like paying for online gaming because of that.

I know you have trouble accepting this as you already chose to shove it in the back of your mind, but the server costs for online gaming are minimal and they will be shut down after a few years. At that point the game you bought at full price now only has half its functionality despite you having payed a monthly to play it on top of the box cost. The costs are in the box sales. The online play fee is taking advantage of you. But, as i say, some people dont care about beeing taken advatage of. Waste your money away all you want, i dont really care, but i will keep saying you're beeing taken advantage of, because you are.

@DirtyP2002 The fact that the article is older actually gives a more accurate picture because there were less accounts created by then. I'm extrapolating similar numbers to nowadays, but i really found no conclusive article. For the record though, i created 2 Xbox live accounts aswell. Both silver ofc.

You didn't prove me wrong because your "proof" didn't prove anything.  The PS3 always had wifi, the original 360 models did not. That is a big reason why more PS3 users are online. However, it doesn't prove a larger percentage of PS3 users actually care about online gaming.

Yes, I enjoy Halo and Gears and that's a big reason why I subscribe to Live. If people enjoy playing World of Warcraft, I wouldn't suggest they settle with DC Universe because its free. Its funny, you simply can't grasp that millions of people rather pay a fee to play games they enjoy instead settling with free stuff. You absolutely do care how people spend their money, that's why you're here pissing and moaning about Live.

So let me get this straight. According to you MS is taking advantage of me... because I pay them a small fee for services and games I enjoy that only they provide? Really think about what you're saying, its oozing of ignorance.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Nem said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You didn't prove me wrong because your "proof" didn't prove anything.  The PS3 always had wifi, the original 360 models did not. That is a big reason why more PS3 users are online. However, it doesn't prove a larger percentage of PS3 users actually care about online gaming.

Yes, I enjoy Halo and Gears and that's a big reason why I subscribe to Live. If people enjoy playing World of Warcraft, I wouldn't suggest they settle with DC Universe because its free. Its funny, you simply can't grasp that millions of people rather pay a fee to play games they enjoy instead settling with free stuff. You absolutely do care how people spend their money, that's why you're here pissing and moaning about Live.

So let me get this straight. According to you MS is taking advantage of me... because I pay them a small fee for services and games I enjoy that only they provide? Really think about what you're saying, its oozing of ignorance.

that "small" fee shouldnt be there at all.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

that "small" fee shouldnt be there at all.

And it shouldn't be there because...?

Why should you have free access to an online infrastructure created and maintained by MS?

I hope you have better answers than, "I shouldn't have to pay for that!" or "I already pay for the internet!"

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

DirtyP2002 said:

I played on steam, battle.net, PSN, Dreamarena and Xbox Live. Xbox Live is by FAR the best service on the market.

Battle.net is full with hackers as well. 2 out of 5 games on WC3 (I still love that game) is against someone using MH.

Are you aware that Bnet has recieved some /slight/ updates since then? Or how about we only compare to Xbox 1's online.

To solve WC3 hacking just download iCCup and it's gone and also the standard of ladder play improves.

Soleron said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I played on steam, battle.net, PSN, Dreamarena and Xbox Live. Xbox Live is by FAR the best service on the market.

Battle.net is full with hackers as well. 2 out of 5 games on WC3 (I still love that game) is against someone using MH.

Are you aware that Bnet has recieved some /slight/ updates since then? Or how about we only compare to Xbox 1's online.

To solve WC3 hacking just download iCCup and it's gone and also the standard of ladder play improves.

Why should a user have to "solve" online mplay?  Isn't that what the provider is there for?  What you're suggesting is that you not only have to play the game but you have to concentrate on making sure you don't get cheated too.

That right there is EXACTLY why XBL exists.  You log in, you play, you log off.  You don't sit there slamming your head on a desk when somoene goes god and becomes bulletproof on bnet while taking everyone out.

Psyberius said:
Soleron said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Why should a user have to "solve" online mplay?  Isn't that what the provider is there for?  What you're suggesting is that you not only have to play the game but you have to concentrate on making sure you don't get cheated too.

That right there is EXACTLY why XBL exists.  You log in, you play, you log off.  You don't sit there slamming your head on a desk when somoene goes god and becomes bulletproof on bnet while taking everyone out.

Because it's a 10 year old game and no one, especially not MS, supports a pay-once game for that long. You can still actually play WC3 unlike most Xbox 1 games. They did support WC3 with anti-hacking for a good six years.

In the games they currently support (WoW, Diablo, SC2) they are working very actively to stop cheaters and will do so for at least 3 years after their last expansion. Lack of support is not an accusation that can be levelled against Bnet, ever.