By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 games on Metacritic this gen, do you agree?

Here's the deal, truly great games always attract some hate and controversy.

This top ten is games that were designed in order to avoid displeasing anyone. They were just playing it safe like the huge productions they are, just like huge hollywood movies, they seek the widest appeal possible.

I mean the best games this gen include Guns of the Patriots and Demon's Souls and Valkyria Chronicles. But these games were not watered down in the slightest in order to reach a wider audience. They were absolutely uncompromised and that's what makes them truly great.

Around the Network

In all honesty, I'm just happy that LittleBigPlanet made the list.

4 ≈ One

i hugely disagree with skyrim batman and bioshock

Agree with PS3 exclusives, Mass Effect 2 and Batman Arkham City, don't agree with the rest. Skyrim GTA 4 and Galaxy are overrated,

Gta 4 lol, no clue how it managed to get there

Mass effect also is way overrated imo
i havent played Skyrim but Oblivion was mediocre at best, and also got great scores...
One thing i can asure is that metascores are not a reliable source...

Around the Network
Nevermore said:
The first 3 need to be booted from the list entirely, especially GTA4. The rest seems ok.

That means you didn't play Galaxy 1&2.

I disagree with the first 3, but the rest is OK.

GTA IV is extremely overrated. The fact that the critics rank it as the best game of the gen is insane to me...

I agree about skyrim having a 96 though

I think that is a great list of some of the best games released this gen so far... but I don't consider it over until The Last of Us comes and leaves its mark on that list. There is also Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, The Last Guardian, Halo 4, and bunch more games yet to release.

i just cant approve gta4 being so high

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.