By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are we real? or is this all a simulation?.

I often ponder about this too, but then I realise that I'll never truly know until I 'die'...

Around the Network

One way or the other.. this reality.. is teoritisk.. or a simulation..
Since einstein we knowed that time is relative.. and the atoms follow a different set of rules.. than the world we are showed..

And we now know that time, space, atoms and even light are relativ to the observer.. (and that can be proven, in numbers of experiments)

But i like to think that we (the human race) did it our self.. I call the teori "Selftrix" I consist of 5 very likly senarios of why.. (not ready yet)
But like man.bear-pic says.. we will never know in this life..

But even if it is the one and only teori that can explain everythin.. don't be afraid.. It dosent matter if we live in a "big", "flat" or simulated univers.. our kids are still made up of mother and father dna kode..there are no differents..the only differents is... that dead are mayby not the end.. and thats not that bad.

(sorry for my english.)

I sometimes see fuzzy lights run across my eyesight, that's how I know I'm really just a computer program seeing things through a computer screen.

we're all living in the matrix...or the star ocean 3

Then I would have to ask the creators of the simulation why they would be so unkind as to program other people to perform murders and other crimes.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

Ah it's from 2007.

Was confusing me that they were talking about it as new since this idea is old as heck.

I'd say it's logically speaking, almost infinitely likely the world is a computer simulation.

Afterall, all it would take is one race to get advanced enough to have computers that powerful enough... and then to use that technology to make the odds more likely then not to be not real.

One race that can do it. They make two programs. Only a 1/3 chance to be real.

When it later gets to a point where it becomes mass entertainment?

How amusing would it be if the reason fantastical religious miracles don't happen anymore is because the kid who the universe entertained is off at college?

This thread reminds me of one of my most favorite Taylor Swift lyrics "These walls that they put up to hold us back will fall down It's a revolution, the time will come for us to finally win". Anyway, yes, we are real and these walls that hold us back will possibly prevent us from reaching for what we want, but we are real. I can feel, taste, see, and even hear my favorite songs. If that isn't real then IDK what is, because I'm physically typing on my keyboard to every single one of you. It's impossible that we're dreams, because then how could a dream dream a dream when we dream at night when we sleep at night? Come on........ is this thread serious?

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

ps3@ This is a tread.. for the ones who knows what sience think quante mechanic does, and how the light, and time works.. (since you ask you clearly not) But go to wikipedia or see some sience programs..

Mysticwolf@.. Even digital lifes has a free mind.. no one control you.. Bigbang or bigscreen..:)

We are real
but our senses simulate the world surrounding us

Does anybody else close their eyes and see binary code?

I'm being dead serious.

Do you guys see rows of 0s with the occasional 1 thrown in there, or is that just me?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."