By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Former Vigil dev calls Wii U a "$400 360 seven years late" - UPDATED!!

Is he right?

Yes 135 41.54%

No 190 58.46%

Total:325

Wow, he's going in!

By the way he describes the PS360, it sounds like they should never be other consoles after the current gen.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

I wanted to see results. I voted YES.

Anyway...
“I can’t comment on THQ / Vigil specifically. However, just in general, I doubt any studio or publisher is truly giving it the kind of proper UI design and thinking it deserves."

I believe ZombiU and Rayman Legends says otherwise.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

It sounds like he is trying to get his name out there so he has something for his resume. And nothing draws attention like a little mud slinging.

Besides the Wii U bashing, there are some interesting parts:

'Davis worked until 2 AM every night in January. He was the only person left in the building. One night he fell asleep at his desk, woke up, and worked another 14-hour day on the weekend. Davis was fired. The UI work was passed to another guy who threatened to quit, until it eventually landed in the hands of a developer whose contract was going to expire in a month, Davis said. He expected this person to overhaul everything he did since he took Davis' title of UI lead.

Upon seeing the retail product, Davis said that the UI is 90% derivative of his work. Yet, he has no title in the credits at all.

Davis said several of his friends and ex-Vigil employees have posted on Facebook about not being in the credits as well.'

If that´s true..pretty low.

I think his skepticism about whether or not the gamepad will add anything to improving the gaming experience is valid. The rest of the article, however, seems troll-ish.

Around the Network

As I said on the Nintendo News thread about this, anyone who works designing UIs can't say that the has been lucky to not work with WiiU, a console that changes the way users interacts with games and UIs, and pretend to be taken seriously.

Regarding the power, I don't know how much does a UI designer know about the power of a console but, given that he admits that he hasn't worked with it, his opinion is based on what he has been told. Not very reliable opinion and one that goes against the ones of his old pals at Vigil who have actually worked with WiiU.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

This guy has no clue what he's talking about. The Wii U controller will be wireless, not tethered.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

WoW, someone is burnt and needs a career change...

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Flanneryaug said:
This guy has no clue what he's talking about. The Wii U controller will be wireless, not tethered.

I think that that comment goes for the dev kits that, not too long ago, still used wired controllers.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

This stuff shouldn't really bother anyone. Wii got this kind of hate before it released and it got it even worse once it took off and people became furious.

Only a matter of time before certain folks come in and start cosigning and begin to high-five Davis...