By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Former Vigil dev calls Wii U a "$400 360 seven years late" - UPDATED!!

Is he right?

Yes 135 41.54%

No 190 58.46%

Total:325

Hate is a common trait it seems. This man is a tool.

He makes some (very rare) valid points, but other than that he is a troll without a shadow of a doubt. His sickness is contagious.

Around the Network

So he is basing his opinion on second hand info.

When Rayman was for PS360, it was teh bestest gaem on earth. Now that Rayman is Wii U exclusive, it's finally crap :P

Can't wait for the 180° turn when the game gets ported to PS360.

Btw. I feel sorry for this man. The Wii fucked his mother.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Kenology said:
This stuff shouldn't really bother anyone. Wii got this kind of hate before it released and it got it even worse once it took off and people became furious.

Only a matter of time before certain folks come in and start cosigning and begin to high-five Davis...

I may have scared them off

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

So he got fired for working over 100 hours a week?

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Kenology said:
This stuff shouldn't really bother anyone. Wii got this kind of hate before it released and it got it even worse once it took off and people became furious.

Only a matter of time before certain folks come in and start cosigning and begin to high-five Davis...

I may have scared them off

With that face? Of course!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

After having worked so hard only to see many of your co-workers not get credit for their contributions, what are your personal hopes for Darksiders 2 in terms of financial success?
Well not only do I need games that I and others slave over to actually ship, but having them do well doesn’t hurt either. Look, I’ve always wanted Darksiders 2 to ship and be successful. That has not changed. For awhile there, I was really worried it would go under with THQ and all of it would’ve been for nothing. The gamers would’ve missed out on all the cool stuff we had for them. But after all of this? Well, I personally haven’t raced out to buy a copy yet. Kind of low on my priority list now. And if you would’ve told my six year old self that one day you’ll make a major blockbuster console game and you won’t even care to buy it because you were so abused and exploited, that’s absolutely baffling to me. I just feel numb. It’s just absurd. I felt a lot worse as it was happening and immediately after. I felt so depressed afterwards, maybe the worst I’ve ever been, where you start thinking you’ve devoted your whole life to working in this industry and it’s a nightmare. Time to rethink your life? Yes, I’m ashamed to admit it, but even thoughts like, time to rethink living? You invest yourself 1000% into something, you do your job and achieve results under insane circumstances, and you get screwed for it. I got no severance, had no friends outside of Vigil, no support. My family is in Ohio. I was alone. I had just gotten my Texas driver’s license that Sunday and Monday I was looking at immediate relocation as fast as possible. Afterwards, in the silence of your apartment you suddenly can’t afford, as you wait for recruiters to call, you start asking nihilistic questions, like, what’s the goddamned point. To any of this. But you keep going. You keep surviving. Onto the next project, maybe the next clusterfuck– you have no way of knowing until you completely relocate your entire life and start all over alone in a brand new alien city. I’m used to it by now. Business as usual. But I don’t have to like it. Beyond that, things are looking up again. So yeah, I’m glad Darksiders 2 is doing well. Then it’s at least marginally worth it.

The guy is obviously bitter as hell and at a difficult point in his life. Blame the media for taking his story and turning it into a Wii-U hate train for hits  (he even said the same of the Move/Kinect/Wii.) 

Probably got fired and now he is pissed

People, read the original article! It's a very frank and open-hearted and extremely interesting interview about the gaming industry from a developer's point of view. And it gives his statements about the Wii U a context that makes sense (spelled bitterness and frustration, which we're all guilty of from time to time).

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/08/15/darksiders-2-interview-with-xander-davis-about-thq-and-vigil/

Sal.Paradise said:

The guy is obviously bitter as hell and at a difficult point in his life. Blame the media for taking his story and turning it into a Wii-U hate train for hits  (he even said the same of the Move/Kinect/Wii.) 

Good point sal, I was only shown one part of the article.