By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony GC conference: PS3+Vita Cross Buy, new MM IP + KillZone for Vita, 2 SCEJ new IPs, Vita as PS3 controller, PSOne classics on Vita and more

Chark said:
AndrewWK said:
Who is this Spike guy from Playstation All Stars?

I asked that already but no one gave me an answer

The main character in Ape Escape...so he'll be using a bunch of monkeys.

Never heard of this game before from when is it?

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
Chark said:
AndrewWK said:

Never played it myself, its PS2 era I think.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chark said:
AndrewWK said:
Chark said:
AndrewWK said:

Never played it myself, its PS2 era I think.

Actually it started in PS1 era of gaming.

Ape Escape was the first game released that utilized the dual analog controller and was used as exibition of it's uses. It was a phenomenal 3d platformer in a time where the genre was very popular. The premise was basically you were the kid assistant to a scientist who was trying to create a way for Monkey's to understand humans and increase brain power. They tested it on the popular Monkey, Spector, who stayed at the local zoo. Well when this was used on him Spector became hyper intelligent and felt Monkeys deserved to rule the world. At the same time the Professor is also creating a time machine. Spector opens up a time portal and sends Monkeys all thru time to change history and really started fucking shit up. The game is super querky and fun. They send Spike into the different time points to stop the monkeys. To help him out they created him a gaggle of gadgets that are Bad Ass to say the least.

-The Net: is a butterfly net used to catch the Monkeys after you have disabled them.

-The Stun Club: A electric Bat or wand of sorts used to tazer the monkeys. A good smack or two with this will keep them from running away

-Helo-Paddle...thing: looks like a double sided conoe paddle/fan. Used to fly or hover short distances

-HoolaHoop: this was an awesome weapon used to make you move faster and ram into unsuspecting apes. Puzzle device as well as weapon

-Race Car: Remote control car used to infiltrate small crevices you couldn't get through. Also could be used to trip up apes or press buttons

-Sling Shot: typical sling shot used to press unreachable buttons or pop a naughty monkey right in the ass.

Don't feel bad for the Monkeys eithers because in this game they were Oozie/AK/Giant Robot/Banana Peel weilding lunatics. It was AWESOME!!

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Killzone looks insane, even though the teaser (?) was too short. Rain is the game I am most interested in but I didn't see much gameplay in it but I bet it may have some sort of water manipulation stuff that will lead to puzzles and stuff, a la Ico/SOTC. Pisses me off not to see TLG.

Puppeteer looks very interesting. I bet it will feel very special while playing it. Tear Away should be heavily marketed and I hope Sony doesn't screw this up. This could appeal to little kids that like Mario.

The first person/move game I don't care. Didn't see anything in it.

Cross-buy is a great idea.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Does people really care if games are created by a C-level team or a A- -level team when the games is really good Assassin Creed Liberation look as good as consoles versions.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
small44 said:

Does people really care if games are created by a C-level team or a A- -level team when the games is really good Assassin Creed Liberation look as good as consoles versions.

People are elitists.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Sooooo no new AAA PS3 exclusive announcement? Its getting a lot of Vita stuff, which is good, but traditional Sony fans have nothing to gloat about here.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Sooooo no new AAA PS3 exclusive announcement? Its getting a lot of Vita stuff, which is good, but traditional Sony fans have nothing to gloat about here.

Someone's bitter.

CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:

"Traditional Sony fans" are just happy to have new announcements. One of the problems with your comment is you'll then use it as a defense, when there was no need for it to begin with.

Just be happy things are coming at all.

Don't think that's a reason for him to be happy tho :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Would I be right in assuming that people only consider something "AAA" (bullshit phrase by the way, same as AAAA) if it's a sequel? Or unless some PR guy says it is?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?