By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Destructoid: Playstation All Stars is 'something much more, unique and special' than a Smash Brothers clone

Tagged games:

Kresnik said:
Sal.Paradise said:

It's Bluepoint? Source plz. That's the best news I've heard today. 

Oh.  Actually, I just read it on Wikipedia when looking up the game, but that isn't the most reliable source.  I had a hunt around the internet, and it's appearing in quite a number of places.  Most obviously, if you look on the IGN page for the game:

http://uk.ign.com/games/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/ps3-123511

"Developers: Superbot Entertainment, Bluepoint Games."

There's also a couple of articles from websites I haven't heard of that talk about it.  The one I was referring to in my last post (including the bit about the frame-rate) is this one:

http://www.newgamernation.com/news-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-nearly-identical-to-the-ps3-version/

Thanks, I hope Sony keep contracting those guys to do Vita ports/ HD collections, they're the best in the business. 

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
I dont want them to let the players know who is winning but maybe they could just hint at it

They should just add a secondary stock mode

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Mr Khan said:
leatherhat said:
All the hands on I've seen have been positive, now they just need a nice fleshed out cast

Was that Crash Bandicoot rumor (accompanied by a screenshot) ever confirmed?

That pic was fake as hell. It's up to activision really. Hope they support it cuz it's not like they are doing anything else with the IP anyways

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Mr Khan said:
leatherhat said:
All the hands on I've seen have been positive, now they just need a nice fleshed out cast

That pic was fake as hell. It's up to activision really. Hope they support it cuz it's not like they are doing anything else with the IP anyways

That's what i said. Activision would have no reason to be picky

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Sal.Paradise said:

Thanks, I hope Sony keep contracting those guys to do Vita ports/ HD collections, they're the best in the business. 

Gonna get a bit off-topic with this post, but I agree.  I think Sony have helped out a good number of new developers in the past few years, Bluepoint being one of them, but also teams like Ready At Dawn (God of War PSP), High Impact (Ratchet & Jak PSP) and hopefully Sanzaru (Sly 4).   The relationship of Sony handing them their IP's and some funding combined with the talent at these teams seems to have worked really well.

Around the Network

I got into Smash Bros this weekend, it was great fun, I would love to have a fighting game like that on the Vita.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Mr Khan said:
leatherhat said:

What about that Paul Gale hint though? 

These articles just goes to show how insecure people feel about this game. "It's not a clone, it's more tactical and stuff"

It's a clone, that can be seen from miles away. It's shameless, but much asked for by some people, and that's how new game genres start. Deal with it!

I LOVE ICELAND!

I guess this game is shooting for a competitive fighting crowd. Meh, the only reason I play Smash Brothers is because you don't nee to be good at fighting games to have fun.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Since so many **** talks about being a clone or rip-off of Smash Bros, the recent news suggest that the upcoming Smash Bros will have different movesets for different characters, isn't that a rip-off?

Also, is this is the reason Nintendo don't make new IP because it will be a rip-off of other games?