By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Destructoid: Playstation All Stars is 'something much more, unique and special' than a Smash Brothers clone

Tagged games:

I agree, I have had so much fun with the beta. Cant wait till it gets released. I like this much more than Brawl.

Around the Network

Changed the title to be more accurate to the contents of the article.

pezus said:
echoesfromthepast said:
I thought it was smash bros until I didn't recognize any of the characters. I could get mad and complain about Sony making a shameless rip-off but I won't. This is just something I've come to expect from Sony

Lol this post is hilarious. A+ for effort

He will sue, I reckon

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Sounds badass.

Even if the game was a pretty much exact clone of Smash Bros I'd still be buying it. Haven't tried the Beta yet but the game looks fun.

Now the only question is, is whether I should buy it for my PS3 or my Vita.....

@Soleron I say give it a honest play when you can and see what you think. As someone who's put hours into the beta the fun in the game is more than just you are playing with ps chars.

Around the Network

"Clone. Ripoff. Copycat. Call it what you want"

I will!

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Mr Khan said:
If anything, this article makes me want to bury them further in the "they hate Nintendo, should never listen to them" list.

But my Nintendo fanboyism aside, and aside from the use of Supers in lieu of ring-outs, i'm not seeing what's so vastly different. What the article seems to indicate is just that Superbot has taken a bit more care to differentiate the playstyle of every character so that you get more Ice Climbers/Olimar/Snake/Zelda/Lucario/Pokemon Trainer than many of Brawl's characters. Which is still an improvement, as it won't have Smash Bros' problems of clone characters (and yet better, with more distinction per character), but the mechanical differences still don't seem to be there.

Which were the articles/reviews that led you to believe they don't like NIntendo? I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's something written by Jim Sterling

Sal.Paradise said:
Mr Khan said:
If anything, this article makes me want to bury them further in the "they hate Nintendo, should never listen to them" list.

But my Nintendo fanboyism aside, and aside from the use of Supers in lieu of ring-outs, i'm not seeing what's so vastly different. What the article seems to indicate is just that Superbot has taken a bit more care to differentiate the playstyle of every character so that you get more Ice Climbers/Olimar/Snake/Zelda/Lucario/Pokemon Trainer than many of Brawl's characters. Which is still an improvement, as it won't have Smash Bros' problems of clone characters (and yet better, with more distinction per character), but the mechanical differences still don't seem to be there.

Which were the articles/reviews that led you to believe they don't like NIntendo? I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's something written by Jim Sterling

Well, yes, but aside from that. Granted, most every site is like that.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Mr Khan said:

Well, yes, but aside from that. Granted, most every site is like that.

Hey now, save this kind of talk for the Conspiracy theory threads were it belongs.

BenVTrigger said:
Sounds badass.

Even if the game was a pretty much exact clone of Smash Bros I'd still be buying it. Haven't tried the Beta yet but the game looks fun.

Now the only question is, is whether I should buy it for my PS3 or my Vita.....

If you want to get it, get it for the PS3, not the Vita. They just recently decided to port it over to the Vita so that version will probably not be very good.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)