By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Destructoid: Playstation All Stars is 'something much more, unique and special' than a Smash Brothers clone

Tagged games:

What a surprisingly positive article.

Around the Network
Flanneryaug said:
BenVTrigger said:
Sounds badass.

Even if the game was a pretty much exact clone of Smash Bros I'd still be buying it. Haven't tried the Beta yet but the game looks fun.

Now the only question is, is whether I should buy it for my PS3 or my Vita.....

If you want to get it, get it for the PS3, not the Vita. They just recently decided to port it over to the Vita so that version will probably not be very good.

The port is being handled by Bluepoint Games, who in my opinion have repeatedly demonstrated that they're pretty good at this kind of stuff, plus they've already got a bit of Vita experience thanks to the MGS Collection.

Also, I remember reading a while back (but can't find it now) and article which mentions the Vita version runs at 60 FPS and is not noticably different to the PS3 version.

Worth looking into in any case.

Kresnik said:
Flanneryaug said:
BenVTrigger said:
Sounds badass.

Even if the game was a pretty much exact clone of Smash Bros I'd still be buying it. Haven't tried the Beta yet but the game looks fun.

If you want to get it, get it for the PS3, not the Vita. They just recently decided to port it over to the Vita so that version will probably not be very good.

The port is being handled by Bluepoint Games, who in my opinion have repeatedly demonstrated that they're pretty good at this kind of stuff, plus they've already got a bit of Vita experience thanks to the MGS Collection.

Also, I remember reading a while back (but can't find it now) and article which mentions the Vita version runs at 60 FPS and is not noticably different to the PS3 version.

Worth looking into in any case.

It's Bluepoint? Source plz. That's the best news I've heard today. 

All the hands on I've seen have been positive, now they just need a nice fleshed out cast

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

BenVTrigger said:
Sounds badass.

If the game turns out to be awesome. Then I would say get it for both since it would be fun at home on PS3 on big screen and local  games. But on the go would be awesome too, and easier to show off to people.

Around the Network

"All-Stars is a much more complex and chaotic game"
I disagree with this
"has one of the steepest learning curves in recent memory, because it requires you to forget everything you know about the genre"
Now i entirely disagree with this.

But i agree with the other points. needs to fix it blocking and supers but doubt they will really do anything meaningful with it.

leatherhat said:
All the hands on I've seen have been positive, now they just need a nice fleshed out cast

Was that Crash Bandicoot rumor (accompanied by a screenshot) ever confirmed?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
leatherhat said:

Was that Crash Bandicoot rumor (accompanied by a screenshot) ever confirmed?

I don't know I never heard anything about it

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

I dont want them to let the players know who is winning but maybe they could just hint at it

They could make the announcer guy/girl in the background yell something like "Parappa is on fire!" or "Radec is on fire!" to let everyone know who is dominating by a large margin during the match and ONLY when they are dominating by a GREAT margin.

does anybody know if you are able to charge your attacks? like in Smash bros i would press and hold "up" and "A" at the same time with Mario to perform a charge attack. It would be horrible if they didnt make it in the game. I also hope that there are background crowd reaction's while playing. I loved the feeling when i would send an individual flying with Mario making the background crowd go WILD! EDIT: i really hope they add the sh!t that was shown in that early video that showed the warhawk/uncharted level. They should add levels like that in the story mode.

Sal.Paradise said:

It's Bluepoint? Source plz. That's the best news I've heard today. 

Oh.  Actually, I just read it on Wikipedia when looking up the game, but that isn't the most reliable source.  I had a hunt around the internet, and it's appearing in quite a number of places.  Most obviously, if you look on the IGN page for the game:

http://uk.ign.com/games/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/ps3-123511

"Developers: Superbot Entertainment, Bluepoint Games."

There's also a couple of articles from websites I haven't heard of that talk about it.  The one I was referring to in my last post (including the bit about the frame-rate) is this one:

http://www.newgamernation.com/news-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-nearly-identical-to-the-ps3-version/