By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Destructoid: Playstation All Stars is 'something much more, unique and special' than a Smash Brothers clone

Tagged games:

Kenology said:
This makes no sense:

"Perhaps it's a benefit of these characters being born on more advanced hardware or not being limited to 2D platformers, but All-Stars roster feels much more imaginative and fitting than any Smash Bros. game."

That's just not true in more ways than one.

I think it's fine to like this more than Brawl, most Sony fans will "like" it better than Smash Bros. by default (it's on PS3, it has Sony characters, etc). It may boil down to whether you like ring outs vs a scoring system. But the author does seem to be more of a Sony fan because the comment I quoted is a little silly/fanboyish.

Exactly Kenology, whats worse is how this game will fail to sell like the rest of Sony's exclusives, such a good concept should be appreciated so much more. If it is a Smash rip off i truly dont see why people are so defensive, Smash is an excellent game and this should end up better than Brawl since its developed on better hardware. I say go right ahead Sony, so the Sony boys can catch a beating in their own game from  a Smash Bros pro. :)

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
phenom08 said:
enditall727 said:
babuks said:
Since so many **** talks about being a clone or rip-off of Smash Bros, the recent news suggest that the upcoming Smash Bros will have different movesets for different characters, isn't that a rip-off?

Also, is this is the reason Nintendo don't make new IP because it will be a rip-off of other games?

???? HOLY SH!T!! i never thought about that before...

He could have just completely made it up, and also Ninty copying that from Allstars is nothing compared to Sony completely ripping Smash off. But regardless atleast i get to play this and Smash making me a happy camper. I can take my skills from Smash and apply them to this hopefully.

no, i was refering to what he said about Nintendo making new ips/franchises

Oh, yea he could actually be right about that, anything Nintendo makes would probably be labeled as such.

phenom08 said:
Kenology said:
This makes no sense:

"Perhaps it's a benefit of these characters being born on more advanced hardware or not being limited to 2D platformers, but All-Stars roster feels much more imaginative and fitting than any Smash Bros. game."

I think it's fine to like this more than Brawl, most Sony fans will "like" it better than Smash Bros. by default (it's on PS3, it has Sony characters, etc). It may boil down to whether you like ring outs vs a scoring system. But the author does seem to be more of a Sony fan because the comment I quoted is a little silly/fanboyish.

Exactly Kenology, whats worse is how this game will fail to sell like the rest of Sony's exclusives, such a good concept should be appreciated so much more. If it is a Smash rip off i truly dont see why people are so defensive, Smash is an excellent game and this should end up better than Brawl since its developed on better hardware. I say go right ahead Sony, so the Sony boys can catch a beating in their own game from  a Smash Bros pro. :)

It's not going to be better just because it's on more powerful hardware though... 

Kenology said:
This makes no sense:

i dont know if im going to like this more than Smash Bros but i do know that that early video of Battle Royale that had the Warhawk/Uncharted level looked better than Smash Bros! but of course Sony would be the company to take that sh!t out of the game SMFH. Nintendo can just easily expand on what was shown in that video with the next Brawl

Kenology said:
phenom08 said:
Kenology said:
This makes no sense:

It's not going to be better just because it's on more powerful hardware though... 

Sorry Kenology but thats where you are wrong being on better hardware allows for more potential, im mainly talking about the online components. Like DLC and a good online system, not laggy like Brawl. Dont get me wrong Kenology I loved Brawl to death thats why i have such high hopes for the next because i realize the potential. Thats why i will enjoy Allstars later this year on my cousins PS3, Allstars will probably have a better online system and DLC, and patches for the unbalanced fighters that we as the consumers find out later.

P.S. I hope it called Chaos but probably gonna be called Fray

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

why? cause is opinion is diferent than yours?

What's true about the statement I quoted from the article?  Answer that question for me please.

phenom08 said:
Kenology said:

Sorry Kenology but thats where you are wrong being on better hardware allows for more potential, im mainly talking about the online components. Like DLC and a good online system, not laggy like Brawl. Dont get me wrong Kenology I loved Brawl to death thats why i have such high hopes for the next because i realize the potential. Thats why i will enjoy Allstars later this year on my cousins PS3, Allstars will probably have a better online system and DLC, and patches for the unbalanced fighters that we as the consumers find out later.

Well, yeah, sure... the online will be better, of course.  It's not hard to beat Brawl at that.  But I interpreted your comment to mean that it'll be a better game just by virtue of being in HD with better graphics.  I'm just saying that it won't.

Kenology said:
phenom08 said:
Kenology said:

Well, yeah, sure... the online will be better, of course.  It's not hard to beat Brawl at that.  But I interpreted your comment to mean that it'll be a better game just by virtue of being in HD with better graphics.  I'm just saying that it won't.

I thought you did, but its cool. No i didnt mean it that way at all, graphics dont make or break a game. Brawl could only be better if it expands its rosters and stages, allow for DLC and patches for online component, expansion of the stage creater tool and community sharing, allow for up to 6 players would be fun as well, and finally a much better online system. HD graphics are welcome ofcourse but i would be fine with Brawl's visuals honestly. All of this could be achieved with PS3 hardware but maybe not Wii hardware. I cant wait for the next smash though. What do you think the next will be called? SSB Battle Royale would be hilarious lol.

pezus said:
phenom08 said:
Kenology said:
This makes no sense:

Excuse me?

it's phenome08...the man made like 4 alt accounts to troll sony the moment he got banned last time. Just ignore and report

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Sal.Paradise said:

My biggest complaint about All-Stars is one that is tied to the core of what this game is. Unlike Smash Bros., all players are always in it to win it since there is no life count. There is also no way of knowing what the score is during a match. Because of these things, the tension that comes from a close match is completely absent from All-Stars (at least in this beta). It feels like a lot of random death and then someone is named the winner.

This has been addressed. It's been confirmed that the beta only features one game mode. Superbot has confirmed a game mode in which players have a set amount of lives which will be displayed (amongst other modes).

Just thought i'd respond to that

4 ≈ One