By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 15 Great games that would most likely be terrible movies

Tagged games:

hmm i think games like halo, fallout or mass effect could be good movies, they just need the right people to make it. they will be probably shit if we will get a movie because almost everytime the wrong people make these movies or they don't have enough money to put good visuals and bla in the movies but i could see movies for those games theoretically^^

Around the Network

It doesn't matter what the source material is, it can find a good place in any entertainment medium (games, movie, tv, comics, books, etc)

• Nobody should except Citizen Kane in the same way nobody should expect a game based on Citizen Kane to have Mario/Halo gameplay
  • Any movie made exactly based on game would have to be on a really short game and would need exceptional talent to be good. I mean nothing short of someone like Peter Jackson would do and he wouldn't waste his time with some piece of crap game that doesn't lend itself to a movie adaptation of his caliber.
  • Any really long game is probably much better suited for an HBO or equivalent network tv-series than any of the "network" stations which will more likely puke all over the source material
  • You can't make a Pacman live-action movie and expect it to be a Pacman anything... you have to stay with something cartoony if that's what you are.
  • Shouldn't expect most of audience to be cross-over audience. They all have to justify their existence and consumption to people that primarily consume whatever entertainment medium the content is being offered.
The main problem with game based movies is that gamers think those movies are being made for them.

Playstation All Stars or Super Smash Bros imagine if they were made into movies

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

How about TETRIS or PONG?????

aikohualda said:
How about TETRIS or PONG?????

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

God of war should be first

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Videogames and movies are two very different mediums that are not generally compatible, and for a videogame movie to "work" it would have to be a substantial departure from the source material ...

Many of the highest quality videogame movies that have been released could easily had their names changed, and the few references to the videogame that are made in the movie, and be released under a different name; and had people never known it was based on a videogame no one would see the connection between the two productions.

Come to think of it, Turok: Evolution would make for an awesome movie!

;o

spurgeonryan said:
Mario, zelda would be bad. Metroid may be alright.

Mario was bad...

They already tried that with Metroid.  Other M wasn't that good.  It would have been better if they made it similar to Alien.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Jay520 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

EVERY game would likely be a terrible movie.

Not Batman

Batman wasn't a game when it first came out. You know that!