By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 6 Hype Thread!

Tagged games:

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
srry i'm late but i see you've figured out how to turn it into the official/hype thread

I haven't though O.o.  Anyways demo impressions time! 

Campaign played: Leon

The Good:  Dark atmosphere.  Game makes you go looking for a key (Old school goodness right there).  Zombies on the ground pop up back to life like the good ol' days.  Shooting zombies damages their flesh, so I shot off parts of a zombie's stomach and they were left with their spinal cord showing.  Same goes for other parts of their bodies.  You can blow off half their heads and they still walk around trying to kill you.  Little things: I've noticed a lot of little things like bottles breaking, papers flying, screen savers on computer screens, etc.  It's not much but it adds and I just haven't seen a game take advantage of little things anymore so it was quite refreshing.

The Bad:  Inventory is a bit clunky and overly complicated.  I was going through items trying to get the hang of it and I switched out weapons to the remote mine without me knowing.  You can select healing herbs in your inventory, you have to move them out and then use them in real time.  You can't stun zombies in this game, so no head shots, stagger, punch, then knife. 

Overall Thoughts: I felt that not being able to stagger enemies was annoying, I found it annoying in Revelations demo too (I haven't played that game retail yet).  It's a step back, but it makes things a bit more tense as Zombies come at you wether you've blown half their bodies off.  In another sense this makes you run through more ammo cause it's harder to knife zombies.

I'll give more impressions of the other campaigns if I play them before the full version comes out.

Around the Network

Finished Leon's campaign. Had a lot of fun with it. Finished it in 10 or so hours. Off to Jake's campaign.

This game sux, linear shooter filled with QTEs focused on multiplayer. As I said months ago, RE nowadays is just a Gears of War wannabe.

Birimbau said:

This game sux, linear shooter filled with QTEs. As I said months ago, RE nowadays is just a Gears of War wannabe.

1. Go play through the game.

2. There are already a lot of threads bashing the game, go post n there.

3. Gears of War is a clone of RE 4.

got it today started with chris' story (solo on professional and will be doing the others on pro first go) since there saying his is the worst and i wanted to save leon for last

just finished chapter 3 got to say im impressed idk if it was b/c having low expectations or what, but if the other 3 campaigns are better than this, than this is the best re since the old school ones 0-cv yes for me better than re4

theres no way in hell that this game is less than 7/10

idc if it went action i like the environments, story, and yes atmosphere compared to re4 and 5

dont know what the reviews are talking bout i have not encountered excessive qte yet and the cinematics arent tiresome i actually found the ones in mgs4 and uncharted 2-3 to be more so

my only big complaint is the cover system no instruction manual (lol) and you cant pause

games is lengthy at least on pro and going for all collectables on first go, first 3 chapters net me 5hrs already.

Play Me

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:
got it today started with chris' story (solo on professional and will be doing the others on pro first go) since there saying his is the worst and i wanted to save leon for last

just finished chapter 3 got to say im impressed idk if it was b/c having low expectations or what, but if the other 3 campaigns are better than this, than this is the best re since the old school ones 0-cv yes for me better than re4

theres no way in hell that this game is less than 7/10

idc if it went action i like the environments, story, and yes atmosphere compared to re4 and 5

dont know what the reviews are talking bout i have not encountered excessive qte yet and the cinematics arent tiresome i actually found the ones in mgs4 and uncharted 2-3 to be more so

my only big complaint is the cover system no instruction manual (lol) and you cant pause

games is lengthy at least on pro and going for all collectables on first go, first 3 chapters net me 5hrs already.

I haven't started Chris' campaign yet, but Leon's campaing was very enjoyable.  My only complaint is that it's a bit too short but it took me 9.5 hours to finish up so it wasn't really that short.  I only watched half the Gamespot review, but I really don't know what those reviewers are playing.  Especially that Gamespot review, I honestly think he had someone record footage for him and he based his review off of that cause everything he said was a downright lie.

Is the game as bad as critic's say? After recently replaying RE1-5 in anticipation, i'm reminded the RE series in general has always had awkward control schemes that age poorly despite critic praise. For RE6 to make the characters move more fluidly only to be lambasted by critics, has definitely piqued my curiosity.

I'm just curious as to whether the panning of the game is justified, because RE4 quite obviously was action over horror survival and had a lot of QTEs also, yet it is often listed as one of the top 10 games of last generation.

Panama said:
Is the game as bad as critic's say? After recently replaying RE1-5 in anticipation, i'm reminded the RE series in general has always had awkward control schemes that age poorly despite critic praise. For RE6 to make the characters move more fluidly only to be lambasted by critics, has definitely piqued my curiosity.

I'm just curious as to whether the panning of the game is justified, because RE4 quite obviously was action over horror survival and had a lot of QTEs also, yet it is often listed as one of the top 10 games of last generation.

Thing is, Resident Evil was never scary.  I mean I'm sure the REmake and RE 0 probably were, but every Resident Evil game I played just was not scary.  WIth that said, RE 6 is every bit as good as RE5, if not better.  It's sure worth more in the value department.  I wouldn't say the game is better than RE 4, only because I like games that are just one big mass, the game never really stopped at acts and you could go back around most areas, so you can go back to the beginning of the game in RE4 when the game gets to night for instance.  But so far I've been having a lot of fun with RE 6.

darkknightkryta said:
Panama said:

Thing is, Resident Evil was never scary.  I mean I'm sure the REmake and RE 0 probably were, but every Resident Evil game I played just was not scary.  WIth that said, RE 6 is every bit as good as RE5, if not better.  It's sure worth more in the value department.  I wouldn't say the game is better than RE 4, only because I like games that are just one big mass, the game never really stopped at acts and you could go back around most areas, so you can go back to the beginning of the game in RE4 when the game gets to night for instance.  But so far I've been having a lot of fun with RE 6.

I'll give it a go when it comes out for PC, or if it gets a sale come christmas on console. Also I agree with you, RE was never scary and I don't believe Capcom ever intended it to be. Though I'm sure such a statement would upset a lot of fans that believe otherwise.

Panama said:

I'll give it a go when it comes out for PC, or if it gets a sale come christmas on console. Also I agree with you, RE was never scary and I don't believe Capcom ever intended it to be. Though I'm sure such a statement would upset a lot of fans that believe otherwise.

Like it was designed to be scary, but back then we were all what?  13+ years old, of course it was scary back then, but Resident Evil never did more than use "shock" scares.  For comparison purposes, Silent Hill is a lot more scary and to this day I can't play the game very long cause i get too freaked out over it.