By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 6 Hype Thread!

Tagged games:

Really not liking the look of it.

I loved the first 4. Hell, 3 is my joint first favourite game of all time. 5 wasn't too bad because it stuck to 4's formula, but 6 just looks terrible to me.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:

I loved the first 4. Hell, 3 is my joint first favourite game of all time. 5 wasn't too bad because it stuck to 4's formula, but 6 just looks terrible to me.

What's wrong with the look?  Chris' campaign starts off as RE5 and then slowly works its way down to the older REs.  Leon's campaign is as classic as you can get without resorting to horrible controls.  Ada's the same.  Only one that looks off is Wesker's clone campaign.

darkknightkryta said:
brendude13 said:

What's wrong with the look?  Chris' campaign starts off as RE5 and then slowly works its way down to the older REs.  Leon's campaign is as classic as you can get without resorting to horrible controls.  Ada's the same.  Only one that looks off is Wesker's clone campaign.

Zombies with guns, cover based mechanics, hordes of zombies, it looks more like Gears of War to me.

Im going to book a week off work so I can play this game an clear my backlog.

brendude13 said:
darkknightkryta said:
brendude13 said:

Zombies with guns, cover based mechanics, hordes of zombies, it looks more like Gears of War to me.

This all started back with RE4...  And to be frank, Gears of War looks like Re4, not the other way around.

Around the Network

I cannot wait for a PSN demo.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

darkknightkryta said:
brendude13 said:

This all started back with RE4...  And to be frank, Gears of War looks like Re4, not the other way around.

There weren't cover based mechanics, zombies couldn't use firearms and the number of zombies was pretty limited. Gears of War is nothing like RE4.

brendude13 said:
darkknightkryta said:
brendude13 said:

There weren't cover based mechanics, zombies couldn't use firearms and the number of zombies was pretty limited. Gears of War is nothing like RE4.

Did you stop playing Resident Evil 4 before the commandos came near the end?  And yes, you're right, cover came in RE5, but, doesn't change the whole over the shoulder shooting which started with Resident Evil, which Gears of War shamelessly stole/implemented.

Just saw an advert for it. Still going with the No Hope Left theme.

srry i'm late but i see you've figured out how to turn it into the official/hype thread