By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 6 Hype Thread!

Tagged games:

M.U.G.E.N said:
Sal.Paradise said:

I'm officially on the hype jet ski train! Let's go!

hahahhahahahah that gif is just so much win! Hadn't seen that one before

On topic: survival horror is not my kind of genre (siren.....shudders) but so far the footage has been real good for the game. Looks like they are trying to give all fans something to enjoy. Action filled segments in addition to the horror filled ones.

From what I've seen and heard they're trying to balance the game.  Like those two gameplay vids I've shown had as classic of gameplay as you're going to get.  But there is other footage where it's all commando.  I'm going to post up some of those commando trailers/footage tomorrow.  And Mugen how do I embed videos in the op?

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Sal.Paradise said:

I'm officially on the hype jet ski train! Let's go!

hahahhahahahah that gif is just so much win! Hadn't seen that one before

On topic: survival horror is not my kind of genre (siren.....shudders) but so far the footage has been real good for the game. Looks like they are trying to give all fans something to enjoy. Action filled segments in addition to the horror filled ones.

From what I've seen and heard they're trying to balance the game.  Like those two gameplay vids I've shown had as classic of gameplay as you're going to get.  But there is other footage where it's all commando.  I'm going to post up some of those commando trailers/footage tomorrow.  And Mugen how do I embed videos in the op?

Nice..looking forward to it

about embeding. For example if it's youtube..you go to the video -> embed code (make sure you have checked the box saying old embed code. iframe does not work here in vgc)..then copy the code and in the op click the html button and paste the code in and say done. I know it's a bit of a pain but once you get used to it it doesn't take long. if this description is a bit messy and confusing let me know and I will help out

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

BasilZero said:
darkknightkryta said:
BasilZero said:
mysticwolf said:
I played the first game last week.
The controls were dreadful.

First game as in Resident Evil for the PSX/insert the other system it came out, RE DS, or REmake on GCN?

Either ways, the controls will be pretty much different from those versions, it'll be more action oriented than survival horror like the first game.

Anyways, I am hyped for it! But I still need to finish RE5, played a bit of it on PC ;x.

Did they put the game to 5 dollars on PC yet? I'd join you if they made it cheap somewhere.

Nope its 19.99 on steam, I'm planning to see if the Gold Edition on PS3 gets to that amount in price or less before buying it ;p.

You should get the Resident Evil 6 Anthology edition for PS3, it comes with Resident Evil 1-6.  Resident Evil 5 is gold, Resident Evil 4 is HD, Resident Evil 1-3 are PSN so they'll work for your Vita, hopefully eventually.  All that for 90 bucks.  Pretty damn good deal if you ask me.

@Mugen, thanks.  I tried embedding the GT video but it made that link, so I wasn't sure if youtube would work.

BasilZero said:
darkknightkryta said:
BasilZero said:
darkknightkryta said:
BasilZero said:
mysticwolf said:
I played the first game last week.
The controls were dreadful.

First game as in Resident Evil for the PSX/insert the other system it came out, RE DS, or REmake on GCN?

Either ways, the controls will be pretty much different from those versions, it'll be more action oriented than survival horror like the first game.

Anyways, I am hyped for it! But I still need to finish RE5, played a bit of it on PC ;x.

Did they put the game to 5 dollars on PC yet? I'd join you if they made it cheap somewhere.

Nope its 19.99 on steam, I'm planning to see if the Gold Edition on PS3 gets to that amount in price or less before buying it ;p.

You should get the Resident Evil 6 Anthology edition for PS3, it comes with Resident Evil 1-6.  Resident Evil 5 is gold, Resident Evil 4 is HD, Resident Evil 1-3 are PSN so they'll work for your Vita, hopefully eventually.  All that for 90 bucks.  Pretty damn good deal if you ask me.

@Mugen, thanks.  I tried embedding the GT video but it made that link, so I wasn't sure if youtube would work.

Whoa! How come I never heard of this o.O

Also 90 bucks....hmmmMmmmMMMm is this a limited edition?

Here's an image of it taken from Amazon:

The 360 version comes with Resident Evil 5 Gold, Resident Evil 4 HD, Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD, and Resident Evil Degeneration movie

Anthology Link (PS3): http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/pd/productID.244375000/Resident-Evil-6-Anthology-PS3.html?resid=UBlM4AoHAtUAACrXAoMAAAAG&rests=1343835359811

Archive Link (360): http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/pd/productID.244374600/Resident-Evil-6-Archives-Xbox-360.html

darkknightkryta said:

Wow! Thanks for bringing that up, but US only it seems...thank god for region free gaming. 

Around the Network

Footage from Ada Wong's not so secret campaign.

I agree with those that say that her sexiness has been taken from her. Lara Croft too? What has gaming become? Bring Princess Daphne back.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

BasilZero said:

Bleh! Xbox360 version contains RE Code Veronica X? wow, one game pfft, already have the movie :(

Damn, putting different games and content , typical Capcom.

You can't fully blame Capcom though, Resident Evil 1-3 are just PSN vouchers for the PSX version.  It'd cost Capcom too much money to get those games running on the 360 for what is 20 dollars more than Resident Evil 6.  They're throwing Resident Evil 4 HD in too.

Updated OP with Chris gameplay.

Seriously worth a watch!

and @5:13 - "If the other three campaigns raise a lot of questions about the RE6 story..then Ada's campaign is the answer." 

My hype started when I knew there would be boob. I'm sold.