By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 6 Hype Thread!

Tagged games:

I played the demo on the 360 on anime con the cinematics were Buff upped and Leon campaign really felt like the old school resident evil games but with better controls.

My only problem was the GPS system really kills exploration and the camera were really close to the character ( though its something to get used to)

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
SnakeDrake said:
I played the demo on the 360 on anime con the cinematics were Buff upped and Leon campaign really felt like the old school resident evil games but with better controls.

My only problem was the GPS system really kills exploration and the camera were really close to the character ( though its something to get used to)

What specifically about the GPS system? 

Birimbau said:

I didn't play RE5 just 30 minutes to see that it was a gears of war with worse controls, and each new RE6 gameplay I see I get more and more disappointed, because the it looks more and more like Gears of War, just a TPS focused in explosions with multiplayer. Just go ahead and shoot everything that moves.

You're the 1st and only person i know that feels RE is focused on explosives and multiplayer...

RE5 was the 1st of multiplayer, and it wasn't really that in depth, even though i enjoy it. and explosives...hardly any of that untill the end of the game.

ANYWAY

I've been aboard the hype train since its debute. 

Sal.Paradise said:

I'm officially on the hype jet ski train! Let's go!

hahahhahahahah that gif is just so much win! Hadn't seen that one before

On topic: survival horror is not my kind of genre (siren.....shudders) but so far the footage has been real good for the game. Looks like they are trying to give all fans something to enjoy. Action filled segments in addition to the horror filled ones.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

umegames said:
Birimbau said:

I didn't play RE5 just 30 minutes to see that it was a gears of war with worse controls, and each new RE6 gameplay I see I get more and more disappointed, because the it looks more and more like Gears of War, just a TPS focused in explosions with multiplayer. Just go ahead and shoot everything that moves.

You're the 1st and only person i know that feels RE is focused on explosives and multiplayer...

RE5 was the 1st of multiplayer, and it wasn't really that in depth, even though i enjoy it. and explosives...hardly any of that untill the end of the game.

ANYWAY

I've been aboard the hype train since its debute. 

The last RE that looked a survival horror to me was RE2, and a little Code Veronica. Yes RE1 remake for GC was a masterpiece. After RE4 the game has become a TPS focused in action-explosions where you just kill-go ahead and gain money to upgrade your weapons, after RE5 I lost my interest in RE, as I said, a TPS focused in multiplayer like gears of war(even the IA of Sheva was a shame for single player).

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
SnakeDrake said:

Your phone is basically your inventory menu. Its like in RE5 the game dont stop when your using your inventory. You press start to pop it up. You press select for the GPS to pop up. It turns the whole screen grey and there'll be this big arrow pointing at where exactly you need to go.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
Sal.Paradise said:
SnakeDrake said:

Your phone is basically your inventory menu. Its like in RE5 the game dont stop when your using your inventory. You press start to pop it up. You press select for the GPS to pop up. It turns the whole screen grey and there'll be this big arrow pointing at where exactly you need to go.

Ah I like the live menus, it adds tension! And as for the waypoints, it looks like you can turn them off (3:15) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b80i0fsowuw

BasilZero said:
mysticwolf said:
I played the first game last week.
The controls were dreadful.

First game as in Resident Evil for the PSX/insert the other system it came out, RE DS, or REmake on GCN?

Either ways, the controls will be pretty much different from those versions, it'll be more action oriented than survival horror like the first game.

Anyways, I am hyped for it! But I still need to finish RE5, played a bit of it on PC ;x.

Did they put the game to 5 dollars on PC yet? I'd join you if they made it cheap somewhere.

BasilZero said:
mysticwolf said:
I played the first game last week.
The controls were dreadful.

First game as in Resident Evil for the PSX/insert the other system it came out, RE DS, or REmake on GCN?

It was ps1 classic RE Director's cut. I played it on ps3

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

M.U.G.E.N said:
Sal.Paradise said:

I'm officially on the hype jet ski train! Let's go!

hahahhahahahah that gif is just so much win! Hadn't seen that one before

On topic: survival horror is not my kind of genre (siren.....shudders) but so far the footage has been real good for the game. Looks like they are trying to give all fans something to enjoy. Action filled segments in addition to the horror filled ones.

From what I've seen and heard they're trying to balance the game.  Like those two gameplay vids I've shown had as classic of gameplay as you're going to get.  But there is other footage where it's all commando.  I'm going to post up some of those commando trailers/footage tomorrow.  And Mugen how do I embed videos in the op?