By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tekken Producer Says People Are Focussing Too Much On Wii U Specs

oniyide said:

dont lump me in with the other two, I never said they had a hard time selling fighters, im just saying TTT2 wont do as well on Wii U as the others for obvious reasons, that have nothing to do with Ninty being able to sell fighters. I will say this going three whole generations with your home consoles largly missing out on some of those popular fighters (not so much GC) isnt helping.

Of course it doesn't matter but that doesn't mean people should come in and sneer at the prospect when there needs to be a starting point somewhere. Okay I won't lump you in.

They diss us cause we don't have the games, and when we start getting some, we hear that it's probs not worth Namco's time. I don't get it. Throw us a bone for all things good.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
oniyide said:

dont lump me in with the other two, I never said they had a hard time selling fighters, im just saying TTT2 wont do as well on Wii U as the others for obvious reasons, that have nothing to do with Ninty being able to sell fighters. I will say this going three whole generations with your home consoles largly missing out on some of those popular fighters (not so much GC) isnt helping.

Of course it doesn't matter but that doesn't mean people should come in and sneer at the prospect when there needs to be a starting point somewhere. Okay I won't lump you in.

They diss us cause we don't have the games, and when we start getting some, we hear that it's probs not worth Namco's time. I don't get it. Throw us a bone for all things good.

im not down with people sneering at the prospect either. As aor as im concerned all games should be multiplat if they can be. And yes they do have to start somewhere.

I dont think they are "dissing" you cause you dont have the games, I think some are dissing others, because they CHOOSE to miss out on these games by stubbornly sticking to one console, then blame every one else for their sad purchasing decisions. Worst yet some of these same people look down upon these games as being all flash and substance, but when those games do come to their console of choice all of a sudden its christmas. It seems hyporcrical and those types of people should be "dissed" IMHO

oniyide said:

im not down with people sneering at the prospect either. As aor as im concerned all games should be multiplat if they can be. And yes they do have to start somewhere.

I dont think they are "dissing" you cause you dont have the games, I think some are dissing others, because they CHOOSE to miss out on these games by stubbornly sticking to one console, then blame every one else for their sad purchasing decisions. Worst yet some of these same people look down upon these games as being all flash and substance, but when those games do come to their console of choice all of a sudden its christmas. It seems hyporcrical and those types of people should be "dissed" IMHO

Let's not change the subject here. The original post was:

"Tekken wont be successful on the Wii U at all unless its purely selling in Japan. This game is purely for the PS3/360/Arcade. The only reason it sold well on the 360 as well is because the 360 crowd majorly was the lost group that split from the PS2 crowd. "

This game is purely for the PS3/360/Arcade. I don't understand what this is supposed to mean! 3:E

Give the WiiU a chance for Jin's sake.

happydolphin said:
oniyide said:

"Tekken wont be successful on the Wii U at all unless its purely selling in Japan. This game is purely for the PS3/360/Arcade. The only reason it sold well on the 360 as well is because the 360 crowd majorly was the lost group that split from the PS2 crowd. "

This game is purely for the PS3/360/Arcade. I don't understand what this is supposed to mean! 3:E

Well im not the guy to take that up with now am I?? You have to talk to whoever wrote that as I do not agree or endorse that statement

Oniyide
"they CHOOSE to miss out on these games by stubbornly sticking to one console"
sadly most people dont have enough money to spend on Vg so they are forced to choose...more than stubbornly choose to miss...which sounded horrible tbh

Dolphin
"They diss us cause we don't have the games, and when we start getting some, we hear that it's probs not worth"
i agree with this

Around the Network
oniyide said:

Well im not the guy to take that up with now am I?? You have to talk to whoever wrote that as I do not agree or endorse that statement

I'm taking it up with you because you defended it in the post before your last one (copy pasted below), but ultimately S.T.A.G.E. is the one I want to answer this.

"I dont think they are "dissing" you cause you dont have the games, I think some are dissing others, because they CHOOSE to miss out on these games by stubbornly sticking to one console, then blame every one else for their sad purchasing decisions."

You understood that this was a different subject than what I wasn't agreeing with, so that was taken care of. Now let's see what S.T.A.G.E. has to say.

DieAppleDie said:
Oniyide
"they CHOOSE to miss out on these games by stubbornly sticking to one console"
sadly most people dont have enough money to spend on Vg so they are forced to choose...more than stubbornly choose to miss...which sounded horrible tbh

Dolphin
"They diss us cause we don't have the games, and when we start getting some, we hear that it's probs not worth"
i agree with this

im obviously not talking about those people, im talking about the ones who CHOOSE to stick with one not the ones who had no choice. ANd if you dont believe there are people like that out there then all you have to do is just read some of the comments coming from the forums

Mr Khan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
happydolphin said:

@Oni, Khan and S.T.A.G.E.
Okay, what's the point anyways????!

If Nintendo (arguably) had a difficult time selling fighters, does that mean they should stop!?

S.T.A.G.E., what is your point?

@OP. I'm starting to love this Katsuhiro Harada guy. Last time he told fans to stfu because they were complaining about the voice acting, now he's telling gamers to stfu about graphics and just enjoy the games. Good thing we have people like him.

You know exactly what my point is happy. It has nothing to do with the graphics as to why the Wii U version will be neglected. If it sells well then great, I would be happy to see it, but the timing is just too baffling. This is my only confusion.

The only argument seems to be whether it will sell decent (but not necessarily especially impressively) or very dismally. Given that this game (unlike Tekken on 3DS) has gotten a fair deal of attention, it's going to at least get halfway decent results. No-one here is expecting a smash.

I agree. 

happydolphin said:
oniyide said:

Give the WiiU a chance for Jin's sake.

I like the Wii U tech, don't get me wrong, but it is going to have to prove itself going head to head with an already established generation. Will people fork out more money to buy a console just to play current gen games or will they wait until 2013? Your guess is as good as mine. I say the hardcore will do the latter. Nintendo has to win back a crowd they let go of. Namco is going to get caught in the confusion with Tekken. Thats all. I could be wrong, but it just seems that way.

the WiiU tech is nothing that special,
it has everything Sony and Msoft todays tech has and the pad has everything like the standard pad just with gyroscope acelerometer and touch screen...nothing to prove there, already been proven by the DS and standard consoles this gen....its just everything together, which imo is awesome