By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tekken Producer Says People Are Focussing Too Much On Wii U Specs

oniyide said:
Im not quite sure how much STAGE thinks Wii U version will sell, but I dont think anyone was arguing that it will sell anywhere near the other versions. There have been other Tekkens released on Ninty systems. Tekken Advance which did better than i thought it would and the Tekken that just came out for 3DS which is doing horribly. SO this can go either way.

OT people care about specs, because the more power a system has the more you can do with the games and the more broader types of games you can have, period. doesnt really matter how funky the controller is or "innovative" if the library sucks because the hardware is low you're missing out on the good games anyway. Case in point the Wii, the controller tech itself wasnt even good. BUT I dont see thats going to be a huge problem for the Wii U, the big ass controller is more traditional and will play more games of these types and the tech as of now is still current. so no biggie

There has never Tekken on any console outside of Playstation until the 360. The fanbase was built from the Arcade to the Playstation. Three generations. Its a Playstation staple.

Around the Network
TomaTito said:
oniyide said:
wait just a sec. Will TTT2 use two tablet controllers?? I was under the impression that there were no games available use both controllers at the same time, if this is true I think this is gonna hurt TTT2

Where does it say that it will use two gamepads?

I never said it did, THATS what im trying to find out

S.T.A.G.E. said:
oniyide said:
Im not quite sure how much STAGE thinks Wii U version will sell, but I dont think anyone was arguing that it will sell anywhere near the other versions. There have been other Tekkens released on Ninty systems. Tekken Advance which did better than i thought it would and the Tekken that just came out for 3DS which is doing horribly. SO this can go either way.

OT people care about specs, because the more power a system has the more you can do with the games and the more broader types of games you can have, period. doesnt really matter how funky the controller is or "innovative" if the library sucks because the hardware is low you're missing out on the good games anyway. Case in point the Wii, the controller tech itself wasnt even good. BUT I dont see thats going to be a huge problem for the Wii U, the big ass controller is more traditional and will play more games of these types and the tech as of now is still current. so no biggie

There has never Tekken on any console outside of Playstation until the 360. The fanbase was built from the Arcade to the Playstation. Three generations. Its a Playstation staple.

Tekken Advance and Tekken 3D says otherwise, unless you're not counting portables

oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
oniyide said:

Tekken Advance and Tekken 3D says otherwise, unless you're not counting portables

Pretty much, but if you would like to use those to back your point no problem there.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
oniyide said:

Pretty much, but if you would like to use those to back your point no problem there.

thats the point

Around the Network
oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
oniyide said:

thats the point

Ok, I accept your point. Now explain why Tekken wasn't on the N64, GC or the Wii.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
oniyide said:

thats the point

Ok, I accept your point. Now explain why Tekken wasn't on the N64, GC or the Wii.

Tekken wasnt on N64 for the same reasons ALOT of games werent on N64, GC, same reasons it wasnt on XBOX, Wii same reasons why alot of games didnt make it to Wii. Not sure what any of that has to do with TTT2 on Wii U though

S.T.A.G.E. said:

No fighters ended up on the N64, the GC was really an also-ran from the beginning, and we've been over why third parties didn't put games on Wii ad nauseum.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

No fighters ended up on the N64, the GC was really an also-ran from the beginning, and we've been over why third parties didn't put games on Wii ad nauseum.

Killer Instinct was on the N64, SNK vs Capcom was on the GC. Seriously? I agree that third parties were an issue, but if you could secure SC2 on the GC they obviously are suffering the secondary console disease SE put Nintendo in when it came to Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Khan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Killer Instinct was on the N64, SNK vs Capcom was on the GC. Seriously? I agree that third parties were an issue, but if you could secure SC2 on the GC they obviously are suffering the secondary console disease SE put Nintendo in when it came to Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.

MK was also on N64 but people forget that system was generally a bitch to port for anyway. and GC had a decent library of fighters at least compared to the Wii