By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tekken Producer Says People Are Focussing Too Much On Wii U Specs

@Oni, Khan and S.T.A.G.E.
Okay, what's the point anyways????!

If Nintendo (arguably) had a difficult time selling fighters, does that mean they should stop!?

S.T.A.G.E., what is your point?

@OP. I'm starting to love this Katsuhiro Harada guy. Last time he told fans to stfu because they were complaining about the voice acting, now he's telling gamers to stfu about graphics and just enjoy the games. Good thing we have people like him.

Around the Network

The only fighter Nintendo has tried to sell is super smash brothers and it broke records.

oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Khan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Ok, I accept your point. Now explain why Tekken wasn't on the N64, GC or the Wii.

No fighters ended up on the N64, the GC was really an also-ran from the beginning, and we've been over why third parties didn't put games on Wii ad nauseum.

Killer Instinct was on the N64, SNK vs Capcom was on the GC. Seriously? I agree that third parties were an issue, but if you could secure SC2 on the GC they obviously are suffering the secondary console disease SE put Nintendo in when it came to Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.

MK was also on N64 but people forget that system was generally a bitch to port for anyway. and GC had a decent library of fighters at least compared to the Wii

I agree. I loved the GC. I bought most of the games on the PS2 because of the controller and most of the people I knew had a PS2. I was really competitive on the N64 with Killer Instinct 2 Gold though.

happydolphin said:

If Nintendo (arguably) had a difficult time selling fighters, does that mean they should stop!?

@OP. I'm starting to love this Katsuhiro Harada guy. Last time he told fans to stfu because they were complaining about the voice acting, now he's telling gamers to stfu about graphics and just enjoy the games. Good thing we have people like him.

You know exactly what my point is happy. It has nothing to do with the graphics as to why the Wii U version will be neglected. If it sells well then great, I would be happy to see it, but the timing is just too baffling. This is my only confusion.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
happydolphin said:

You know exactly what my point is happy. It has nothing to do with the graphics as to why the Wii U version will be neglected. If it sells well then great, I would be happy to see it, but the timing is just too baffling. This is my only confusion.

The only argument seems to be whether it will sell decent (but not necessarily especially impressively) or very dismally. Given that this game (unlike Tekken on 3DS) has gotten a fair deal of attention, it's going to at least get halfway decent results. No-one here is expecting a smash.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

by the way N64 had like a dozen of fighting games, most of them mediocre...
Fighters Destiny and its secuel were amazing uderrated games that sold like shit (on a console made for hardcore gamers like people here said) so the whole "the Wii was not for hardcore and thus the fighters didnt sell well" argument makes no sense to me
it also had Smash and Killer instinct of course, and then multiports like MK4 and Bio freaks, Mace the Dark age wasnt too bad, and also Flying Dragon was ok, Tom & Jerry, Dark rift...more than the GC had imo (not better but more)

happydolphin said:

dont lump me in with the other two, I never said they had a hard time selling fighters, im just saying TTT2 wont do as well on Wii U as the others for obvious reasons, that have nothing to do with Ninty being able to sell fighters. I will say this going three whole generations with your home consoles largly missing out on some of those popular fighters (not so much GC) isnt helping.

DieAppleDie said:
by the way N64 had like a dozen of fighting games, most of them mediocre...
Fighters Destiny and its secuel were amazing uderrated games that sold like shit (on a console made for hardcore gamers like people here said) so the whole "the Wii was not for hardcore and thus the fighters didnt sell well" argument makes no sense to me
it also had Smash and Killer instinct of course, and then multiports like MK4 and Bio freaks, Mace the Dark age wasnt too bad, and also Flying Dragon was ok, Tom & Jerry, Dark rift...more than the GC had imo (not better but more)

i see what your saying i do, and as a guy who played half those games, they werent even anywhere near the quality or popularity of the games that did go to PS1 and hell even saturn(in Japan at least) where were the SFs, Tekkens, SB, VFs, Vs series, DoA, etc. Thats what was the real problem, it wasnt what it had so much what it didnt.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Ok, I accept your point. Now explain why Tekken wasn't on the N64, GC or the Wii.

Hint: Tekken 3-5 are SCUS games, like first party games.

Soul Calibur 2 is a SLUS game, like third party games. Tekken 6 is a BLUS. (B stands for Blue Ray).

???